IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ack.
Please don't let's start this again. The FL Supreme Court ordered a recount. The USSC improperly intervened. The rule of law failed.

p.s. Aren't you Republican types supposed to be big supporters of States Rights not being circumvented by the Feds? <vbg>
New However...
the continuing insistance that somebody may have done this or that to change what had been already ordered in FL is just as disingenuous.

Per what was ordered by FL SC...Bush got more votes...regardless of the USSC actions.

IF....and that is an IF...they had been allowed to continue (pretend that the USSC didn't happen for a minute...just pretend)...it is STILL major speculation that an overvote count would have been ordered...and it is even more major speculation that it would have been upheld....considering accounts given at the time telling that overvote ballots were added to existing ballots even after the voter was given another ballot so they could vote correctly.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I see that "however" and raise you a "but"
It doesn't matter which one won the election. No matter if Gore or Bush ended up in the white house, .... the wrong man would be there.

P.S.
I find it constantly amusing to hear people talk about the rule of law in reference to the most historically corrupt state in our nation as if law actually meant something to those bozos.
When I visit the aquarium, the same thought keeps running through my mind;
Leemmmooonnn, Buuttteerrr, MMMmmmmmm good!
New Can I get an Amen on that one!!
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New excuse me??

I find it constantly amusing to hear people talk about the rule of law in reference to the most historically corrupt state in our nation as if law actually meant something to those bozos.

Are we talking about Florida? As historically the most corrupt state in our nation?

<shaking head> okayyyyyyy.
New You're excused
I thought the sentance understandable. What part don't you get?
New Thought I understood it...
just find it hard to believe. Sure the Miami area was known for corruption a few years ago...but as a state, the most corrupt in the country? Well, I suppose opinions will differ - both in what constitutes corruption and in which is worse.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that Florida is worse in the country. Usually I associate corruption with inefficiency (which for Government == higher taxes). Florida has no state income tax and a sales tax of 6% (iirc).

I suppose Florida could be considered worse than Chicago, New York, and Mass.
New No backup
At least nothing tangible. I remembered reading a few articles during the recount fiasco that referred to FL as the most historically corrupt state. I think part of it had something to do with all the "land" sold to speculators that turned out to be swamp.
New the historically corrupt phrase
came from the sellout of the electoral college for an end to reconstruction.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New A coupla other data points:
Well, there's Illinois; just sit back and watch a state piss away a relatively high income to kickbacks, cronyism, patronage, no-bid contracts, etc. etc. etc. etc.... Remember, this IS the state of both Richard Daleys!

But Illinois, for all its cruft, is a piker compared to Louisiana....
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Well I guess florida has been a state longer
but Alaska has only been around the territory and as a state for only a little while and it was born in corruption and flourishes as same. Now living in Florida brings to mind a book called "none dare call it treason" the premise of which that so many stupid decisions cannot be a coincidence. It must be a conspiracy. I have met many of the players both big and small. It is not a conspiracy, they really are that venal and stupid. For real corruption in other states, Louisiana comes to mind in the south and good old Michegan and Illinois in the North. Chi town and Detroit, New York and Boston. Any nominees from the left coast?
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New You missed a big one in the South.
North Carolina. I was born there and I lived there for 5 years as an adult. As far as the courts are concerned, I have never seen such corruption as I saw in one Burke County (and I've been to the Soviet Union!)
     Is it Okay to talk about the Recount yet? - (mmoffitt) - (46)
         No. It's over. - (hnick) - (39)
             And you should especially avoid that type of analysis - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                 Thought I said that... -msg -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                     You did. Just weary of circumlocutions. -NT - (Ric Locke)
             Some find the suspension of the Republic interesting - (mhuber) - (34)
                 Re: Some find the suspension of the Republic interesting - (hnick) - (4)
                     The danger is ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Understood and agreed... - (hnick)
                     Interesting... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                         The operative word - (hnick)
                 Republic not suspended. Film at 11. - (Ric Locke) - (28)
                     And there you have it. - (bepatient) - (14)
                         Correct != right? In a democracy? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                             In a democracy... - (bepatient) - (12)
                                 Ack. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                     However... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                         I see that "however" and raise you a "but" - (Silverlock) - (9)
                                             Can I get an Amen on that one!! -NT - (bepatient)
                                             excuse me?? - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                                 You're excused - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                     Thought I understood it... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                         No backup - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                             the historically corrupt phrase - (boxley)
                                                     A coupla other data points: - (jb4)
                                             Well I guess florida has been a state longer - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 You missed a big one in the South. - (mmoffitt)
                     Out of curiousity... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                         Check California, Illinois, and New York - (Ric Locke) - (4)
                             No offense...but you're raising strawmen left and right. - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                 No strawmen here -- willow twigs exclusively - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                                     Cute twig - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                         And it was a dahling sprig, too - (Ric Locke)
                     You presume too much - (mhuber) - (6)
                         Presume? I'm watching things happen. - (Ric Locke) - (5)
                             You might want to work on the OCR system.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 Nothing is infallible - (Ric Locke)
                             One obscure recount method: - (mhuber) - (2)
                                 beg to slightly differ - (boxley)
                                 Amen. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Got an idea for a new forum: Undead Horses. - (marlowe)
         There should be a new law on this - (nking) - (5)
             What a free-for-all that would be - (Ric Locke)
             current law is just fine - (boxley) - (3)
                 The courts should have stayed out - (nking)
                 actually, I'm not sure that is possible... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     one more time - (boxley)

Massteria!
154 ms