IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cute twig

I've seen rightwingers claim that if California both counted the absentee ballots and disallowed votes by non-citizens, Bush would have won there -- whereupon Florida would be irrelevant, eh? I don't know. It seems far fetched; but I've never seen anything resembling an analysis.

No, it's all Florida, and it's all one way; miscellaneous variants on "Aha! I found a way to count the votes so Gore won!"

Grin...don't those two statements contradict each other?

Sidenote: no voting irregularities have been prosecuted either inside or outside of Florida that I am aware of. (Several were reported.) I fully expect voting irregularities across statelines (ie: people who live both in NY and FL - and who voted twice) are not being tracked/prosecuted.
New And it was a dahling sprig, too
The comment about California occurred once, shortly after the election, in a thread similar to this one on another site.

Various analyses of Bush's illegitimacy based on one or another theory of vote counting are a regular staple of leftish "boards" and leftish participants in all boards. The volume isn't comparable.
Regards,
Ric
     Is it Okay to talk about the Recount yet? - (mmoffitt) - (46)
         No. It's over. - (hnick) - (39)
             And you should especially avoid that type of analysis - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                 Thought I said that... -msg -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                     You did. Just weary of circumlocutions. -NT - (Ric Locke)
             Some find the suspension of the Republic interesting - (mhuber) - (34)
                 Re: Some find the suspension of the Republic interesting - (hnick) - (4)
                     The danger is ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Understood and agreed... - (hnick)
                     Interesting... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                         The operative word - (hnick)
                 Republic not suspended. Film at 11. - (Ric Locke) - (28)
                     And there you have it. - (bepatient) - (14)
                         Correct != right? In a democracy? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                             In a democracy... - (bepatient) - (12)
                                 Ack. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                     However... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                         I see that "however" and raise you a "but" - (Silverlock) - (9)
                                             Can I get an Amen on that one!! -NT - (bepatient)
                                             excuse me?? - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                                                 You're excused - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                     Thought I understood it... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                         No backup - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                             the historically corrupt phrase - (boxley)
                                                     A coupla other data points: - (jb4)
                                             Well I guess florida has been a state longer - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 You missed a big one in the South. - (mmoffitt)
                     Out of curiousity... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                         Check California, Illinois, and New York - (Ric Locke) - (4)
                             No offense...but you're raising strawmen left and right. - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                 No strawmen here -- willow twigs exclusively - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                                     Cute twig - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                         And it was a dahling sprig, too - (Ric Locke)
                     You presume too much - (mhuber) - (6)
                         Presume? I'm watching things happen. - (Ric Locke) - (5)
                             You might want to work on the OCR system.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 Nothing is infallible - (Ric Locke)
                             One obscure recount method: - (mhuber) - (2)
                                 beg to slightly differ - (boxley)
                                 Amen. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Got an idea for a new forum: Undead Horses. - (marlowe)
         There should be a new law on this - (nking) - (5)
             What a free-for-all that would be - (Ric Locke)
             current law is just fine - (boxley) - (3)
                 The courts should have stayed out - (nking)
                 actually, I'm not sure that is possible... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     one more time - (boxley)

Yeah, would be nice if "despair" wasn't such an appropriate word choice.
86 ms