IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Who are you talking about?

If Firefox, just type about:config in Mozilla and about:config in Firefox, and compare.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
\r\n[link|http://www.shtuff.us/|shtuff]
New You.
*sigh*

This whole thing is about configuration in Gnome. Not the apps included with Gnome. Not paying attention?

You replied with:
"Firefox stripped out a lot of options (there's nowhere near as many as in the full suite)"

I asked what configuration options they stripped out. Not what features like a mail client, or html editing, or chat. That an application is available not as an integrated suite, but now as separately downloadable components and apps, is nowhere near the point.

So tell me - what configuration options (you can ignore about:config, since I didn't know it was there in Mozilla; this should make it easier for you) did Firefox strip out?

When you answer that I have some more questions.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Expand Edited by imric March 29, 2005, 07:33:41 AM EST
New I know some of the cookie settings went away.

Because in the full suite and in other Gecko-based browsers like Galeon you can do some nifty cookie stuff that you can't in Firefox. Ditto a lot of the tabbed browsing preferences (hence TBE). And, while I don't have an exhaustive list handy, I suspect a lot of other things went as well.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
\r\n[link|http://www.shtuff.us/|shtuff]
     KDE Usability testing - (ubernostrum) - (26)
         Interesting, but... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Er. WTF /is/ that thing? -NT - (pwhysall)
         The most common complaint - (imric) - (23)
             From their recommendations: - (ubernostrum) - (22)
                 Horsecrap. - (imric) - (21)
                     Shouting doesn't make you right. - (pwhysall) - (20)
                         Yes, but I would still like to be able to... - (folkert) - (2)
                             Wotsthediff... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 No... there are - (folkert)
                         Exsqueeze me? Yeah, I am right. - (imric) - (15)
                             Re: Exsqueeze me? Yeah, I am right. - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                 I am right. - (imric) - (12)
                                     This reminds me of an old truism - (ben_tilly)
                                     I have a question. - (ubernostrum) - (10)
                                         I have a question, too - (imric) - (9)
                                             Um. - (ubernostrum) - (8)
                                                 heheh. OK - never used it until firefox. - (imric) - (5)
                                                     But it does. - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                                                         What configuration options did they strip out? -NT - (imric) - (3)
                                                             Who are you talking about? - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                                                 You. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                     I know some of the cookie settings went away. - (ubernostrum)
                                                 Data point - (dws) - (1)
                                                     ! - (ben_tilly)
                             To play off an old joke... - (ubernostrum)
                         point on one of your points - (boxley)

I valued your opinion more when I was being paid to.
64 ms