IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fine.
Lock them up and replace them with the folks that ignored it for a decade.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Who would that be..
[link|http://forfree.sytes.net|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Would be a huge improvement
not that Clinton totally ignored it. He did lob a few cruise missiles at ObL when the opportunity arose. However he was spending all his time addressing the Ken Starr witch hunt regarding inappropriate uses of cigars. Which I objected to at the time and continue to.

Prosecute him on your own time. The magnitude of the indiscretion was insignificant. Nobody even died.

I at least believe that, were the previous decade's people back on the job, we'd be getting actions that 1) don't fuck the country collectively in the ass and b) actually do try to make us all better off.

Saddest is I find myself longing for the days of the simply corrupt politicians that only seeked to line their own pockets rather than wage class warfare at the expense of us all.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New You aren't alone.
Though what I find tragic is that Clinton was a MUCH better Republican than any Neocon.

The current crew is evil. Many of our leaders belong in prison; a goodly chunk of the rest belong in a madhouse. I could forgive incompetance. I could forgive stupidity. I cannot forgive the damage they are doing to the future of our nation, and the world. The constant lying of our leaders to our people CANNOT be forgiven - though for some reason, the people seem to find those lies more palatable if they are coated in a sauce of lipservice to religion and spiced with violence, death, and revenge.

God help us, every one.
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New It started with the Father of the Them All.
Ronald Reagan.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New I think he actually believed
his own spiel.

I can't even accord the current administration (his degenerate political offspring) that much credit.
]
Imric's Tips for Living

New True.
[Edit: Forgot the easy cheap shot]
Reagan did have Alzheimer's.

Dubya is perhaps the only person in the world that could make Reagan and Nixon look good.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Feb. 18, 2005, 04:23:57 PM EST
New And of course if RR had been forced to live by his policies
he'd have died drooling wrapped in a newspaper in a doorway.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Brevity Award - two ears and a tail.
To me the major absurdity is that these offenses utterly transcend our inane Left/Right, ""Conservative/Liberal"" mumbo jumbo, via which all Murican political speech is rendered pointless from the get-go.

That ~ Half of Muricans, in 2005 can be completely suckered by Rovian religio agit-prop, having utterly ignored ALL THOSE LIES in the war propaganda -- leaves no room at all for optimism.

Nukes. These unprincipled fuckers would use them in any 'crisis' - real, or their specialty: imagined.
New Mahablog agrees with you there
[link|http://www.mahablog.com/2005.02.13_arch.html#1108774005268|http://www.mahablog....tml#1108774005268]

Fact is, right now most political discourse in America, both Right and Left, is\ufffdall about how awful those other people are. There's not much energy left for anything else.\ufffdThis is not a liberal problem. It's an American problem.
We cannot "debate" anything any more. Lies are put on the table to be accepted or rejected, and if you reject them you are marginalized and ridiculed for having too much "nuance." That's the extent of our "national debate."
-----
Pretty well sums up the problem right there.

Compassionate Conservatives with gay daughters - (tuberculosis) - (87)
         Triplets, I take it...? -NT - (admin) - (4)
             Extra lesbians are not necessarily a bad thing -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                 Blatant LPRDism angling. *shunned* -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     ..but if your wrist is connected to a USB port -NT - (Ashton)
             Testament to the high quality of my internet connection -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Keyes is a nutjob - (JayMehaffey) - (81)
             Don't think they need him for that. - (bepatient) - (80)
                 All of which are appointed posistions - (JayMehaffey)
                 Dupe -NT - (JayMehaffey)
                 Uncle Toms don't count. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (77)
                     Nice racist comment - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Just learned to play the game. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             Typical rationalization - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Not because they "think" differently. - (mmoffitt)
                     Only gangsta-rappers need apply? -NT - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                         Nope...too successful -NT - (bepatient)
                     That isn't fair - (JayMehaffey) - (70)
                         sorry. my dad said the same thing - (daemon) - (29)
                             Same thing? - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                 sigh, give me a list of successful black men to follow - (daemon) - (4)
                                     George Washington Carver comes to mind...ottomh - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                                         Martin Luther King Jr likewise... - (ben_tilly)
                                         hard to follow these two they are dead :-) -NT - (daemon) - (1)
                                             Oops, sorry, thought you wanted people - (Simon_Jester)
                             Can't back up the quote - (JayMehaffey) - (22)
                                 If she said that on the record - (Arkadiy) - (21)
                                     Heh. She "came up" in Texas, that's how. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                         hrm - (bepatient) - (19)
                                             How 'bout "Texas brung her to the WH"? Okay? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                 And none of the afformentioned... - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                     Proud of this one (you omitted it, so I doubt it). - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                         And this has exactly >what<... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                             I can't keep up with ya. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                 and yet you're blaming it on Texas... -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                                     That was a poorly placed tongue-in-cheek reference to her - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 And again... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                     Clinton's team - (JayMehaffey)
                                                                     Oops.... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                                         Sure I have...... - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                             D-I-Z-Z-Y - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                 Quote - (bepatient)
                                                                             BZZT.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                                                                 Ok...so now it gets even more complicated. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                     No, no, no, no, no.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                                                         Finally - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                             There we go - (tuberculosis)
                                             I will say this - (jake123)
                         Linky for Condi's comments? Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (38)
                             Does it matter? - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                                 I don't think she's sleazy. - (Another Scott) - (36)
                                     C'mon now - (bepatient) - (35)
                                         'Successful' - oh well, then -- what more need be said? -NT - (Ashton) - (12)
                                             Interesting retort. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                 Re: Interesting spin on 'Success'; dictionary says <obs> - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                     Do you ever get out of your house? - (Arkadiy)
                                                     Interesting. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                         Really.. Beep - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                             Sure. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                 Hardly a matter of 'the days when' - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                     YOU are the one that claimed this is a current condition, - (imric) - (2)
                                                                         You are not alone in your definition. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                             I doubt that. - (bepatient)
                                                                     Re: Hardly a matter of 'the days when' - (bepatient)
                                                                 Hey...If pining for a time when... - (jb4)
                                         Successful != Effective - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                                             Possibly not - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                 That and the out and out lies - (tuberculosis) - (18)
                                                     Those aren't lies to Beep, she simply "mis-spoke". -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                         She's in politics. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                             What's fuzzy about - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                                                                 Can I have an "Amen" from the crowd? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                     Amen! -NT - (imric)
                                                                     Hosanna -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                                     Hallelujah! -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                                     Doo-wah Diddy!...errrr...Amen! - (jb4)
                                                                 Fine. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                     Who would that be.. -NT - (imric)
                                                                     Would be a huge improvement - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                                         You aren't alone. - (imric) - (6)
                                                                             It started with the Father of the Them All. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 I think he actually believed - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                     True. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         And of course if RR had been forced to live by his policies - (tuberculosis)
                                                                             Brevity Award - two ears and a tail. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Mahablog agrees with you there - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Watch my left hand while my right hand... - (jb4)
                         Rice is the one who claimed... - (Simon_Jester)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment. It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
127 ms