IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New GIVE IT A FREAKIN BREAK!!!
In 1998 in the FAA it was discussed at wienie level (my level) that 911 was inevitable, that the public would not stand for the measures needed to stop one until it happened. So she got memos that said this was gonna happen, The prez calls the FAA and asks what it would take to stop it. The FAA tells him and the prez orders it. It would have lasted 3 days before the entire airline industry/congress/senate would have been roasting the bush jewels over a fire. It was politically impossible to put safeguards in place at the time.

Now my bitch is why tweedle dum and tweedle dee feeb was busy shooting babies in the head in Idaho instead of tracking fuckwits who didnt want to learn to land a jumbo jet. That is Justice, not NSA.
regards,
daemon
I love her dearly, far beyond any creature I've ever known, and I can prove it, for never once in almost seventy years of married life have I taken her by the throat. Mind you, it's been a near thing once or twice.
George Macdonald Frasier
Clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New Stop it.
Why introduce such a thing as reality into the hindsight?

Monday morning quarterbacks are always better than the real thing.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I can forgive missing the jet attacks
but the followup stuff was totally inexcusable - the insistence that the aluminum tubes were for centrifuges despite the fact that numerous US scientists came forward and tried to tell her that the things weren't any good for that. Cracks like "we just don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud".

That shit that rushed us into war when a more measured response was called for - that makes her unfit for duty in my book.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New I believe we said the same thing about Clinton...
course then, the Right-wing was claiming that Clinton (et al) were taking bribes^h^hdonations from the airlines.

No, the interesting aspect to this case was Rice claiming that the Clinton Administraition NEVER WARNED Bush about Laden being a threat.

The memo proves that lie.
New GIVE IT A FREAKIN BREAK YERSELF!!!
How much "additional security measures" would it have taken to properly screen for box cutters (not Box cutters) ferchrissakes. the only thing it would have taken is hiring something resembling competent screeners how did something other than sit on their lardasses and collect a paycheck. The FAA stuff you refer to was attempted empire building. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But as we all know, Empire trumps Competence any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Puh-fukkin-LEEEEZE!
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New They didn't use box cutters.
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=149598|#149598]. They used knives that were legal to have on the planes.

More screeners wouldn't have helped that part of the problem. The problem was the actions of the hijackers. If pocket knives were forbidden, they would have used scissors. If scissors were forbidden they would have used ...

Before 9/11/2001, if a group of people was determined to do damage to passengers and crew and take over a plane in the US, there was little that could have been done to prevent them with the regulations that were in place. The rules didn't covers such a contingency. They were designed to prevent handguns and explosives from getting on board.

Nice rant though. ;-)

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Two points....
First off, regardless of whether it was boxcutters/permissionable knives (and aren't boxcutters utilities knives and permissionable anyway?) fiberglass knives and other weapons exist (and have been sold) that would never been picked up by metal detectors.

Second, it wasn't that there wasn't much that they could do, it was that the SOP at the time was to go along with hijackers because they held the passengers and plane as a valuable object. Even though there had been previous attempts to use the plane itself as a weapon, such attacks had really not been successful and were therefore not considered.

New You're Welcome! ;-)
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Red State Farmers - how do you like your choice now? - (tuberculosis) - (42)
         Not everybody's vote can be bought. - (marlowe) - (41)
             Is there a DisneyLand in your universe too? -NT - (tuberculosis)
             Ah, so we're back to the 'noble savage' paradigm . . . -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Savage, no. Noble, yes. - (marlowe) - (4)
                     You're less coherent than usual in this post. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Same people as build the roads and drive the trucks now. - (marlowe) - (2)
                             Government builds the roads. Teamsters drive the trucks. -NT - (ChrisR)
                             Won't happen. - (inthane-chan)
             Right and wrong - (JayMehaffey) - (14)
                 Actually no... - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                     Re: Actually no... - (JayMehaffey) - (12)
                         s/shrug/idiots/ - (ben_tilly)
                         I guess what I was trying to say... - (Simon_Jester) - (10)
                             And you're wrong on that - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 <grin> I'm not sure that that's not - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                     That would be a big stretch - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Perhaps... - (Simon_Jester)
                             B.S. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 You've just got a different definition of self-interest. :) - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     Naw, if that's what I was worried about. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Perhaps... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     But the politicians salaries are NEVER on the block. - (mmoffitt)
                             Nah, not for you... TO you. -NT - (jake123)
             Which is why Bush brought it during his campaign... - (Simon_Jester)
             Transcending your urban roots, eh? - (tuberculosis) - (12)
                 Once again, you get it all backwards. - (marlowe) - (11)
                     Re: Once again, you get it all backwards. - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                         Condi's competence isnt in question, its her motives -NT - (daemon) - (9)
                             As NSA - she wasn't exactly on the ball in summer 2001 - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                 GIVE IT A FREAKIN BREAK!!! - (daemon) - (7)
                                     Stop it. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                         I can forgive missing the jet attacks - (tuberculosis)
                                     I believe we said the same thing about Clinton... - (Simon_Jester)
                                     GIVE IT A FREAKIN BREAK YERSELF!!! - (jb4) - (3)
                                         They didn't use box cutters. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Two points.... - (Simon_Jester)
                                             You're Welcome! ;-) -NT - (jb4)
             Having grown up on farms . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 You must have been going to the county seat. - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                     Actually, it wasn't quite that bad. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Montana - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                             Yeah, as thy used to say, 'Better dead than red' -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

Happiness is a lint filter full of thwarted pinworms.
146 ms