IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Having grown up on farms . .
. . where "going into town" meant a town of well under 1000 souls, I have a far less idealized view of rural America - perhaps a convert's zeal provides the rosy tint. Anyway, been there, done that and ain't goin' back.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New You must have been going to the county seat.
Town, had population of ~500 in the winter when farmers moved to town so kids could get to school. Summer population was significantly lower.

Post Office.
2 Elevators
3 Bars
Drug Store
Fire Truck (usually a pickup with a sprayer attachment)
School
2 Gas Stations
sometimes a Grocery Store (otherwise head for county seat, 20 mi down the road)

Summer fallowing sunup-sundown. Combine wheat, oats, & barley. Few cows, chickens.

Hard work..
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Actually, it wasn't quite that bad.
I only lived on farms in Blue States, so a sizeable town or small city would never be too far away.
New Montana
Big Sky. Big Red State. Sadly even my brothers are "red".

Drove one time from Glasgow (NE corner) to Billings (SCentral). Passed though COUNTIES with population of 2 and 10.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Yeah, as thy used to say, 'Better dead than red'
     Red State Farmers - how do you like your choice now? - (tuberculosis) - (42)
         Not everybody's vote can be bought. - (marlowe) - (41)
             Is there a DisneyLand in your universe too? -NT - (tuberculosis)
             Ah, so we're back to the 'noble savage' paradigm . . . -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Savage, no. Noble, yes. - (marlowe) - (4)
                     You're less coherent than usual in this post. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Same people as build the roads and drive the trucks now. - (marlowe) - (2)
                             Government builds the roads. Teamsters drive the trucks. -NT - (ChrisR)
                             Won't happen. - (inthane-chan)
             Right and wrong - (JayMehaffey) - (14)
                 Actually no... - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                     Re: Actually no... - (JayMehaffey) - (12)
                         s/shrug/idiots/ - (ben_tilly)
                         I guess what I was trying to say... - (Simon_Jester) - (10)
                             And you're wrong on that - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 <grin> I'm not sure that that's not - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                     That would be a big stretch - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Perhaps... - (Simon_Jester)
                             B.S. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 You've just got a different definition of self-interest. :) - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     Naw, if that's what I was worried about. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Perhaps... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     But the politicians salaries are NEVER on the block. - (mmoffitt)
                             Nah, not for you... TO you. -NT - (jake123)
             Which is why Bush brought it during his campaign... - (Simon_Jester)
             Transcending your urban roots, eh? - (tuberculosis) - (12)
                 Once again, you get it all backwards. - (marlowe) - (11)
                     Re: Once again, you get it all backwards. - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                         Condi's competence isnt in question, its her motives -NT - (daemon) - (9)
                             As NSA - she wasn't exactly on the ball in summer 2001 - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                 GIVE IT A FREAKIN BREAK!!! - (daemon) - (7)
                                     Stop it. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                         I can forgive missing the jet attacks - (tuberculosis)
                                     I believe we said the same thing about Clinton... - (Simon_Jester)
                                     GIVE IT A FREAKIN BREAK YERSELF!!! - (jb4) - (3)
                                         They didn't use box cutters. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Two points.... - (Simon_Jester)
                                             You're Welcome! ;-) -NT - (jb4)
             Having grown up on farms . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 You must have been going to the county seat. - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                     Actually, it wasn't quite that bad. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Montana - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                             Yeah, as thy used to say, 'Better dead than red' -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

Opportunities are rarely good news.
69 ms