I was scheduled to fly from Boston to Chicago.storm was still hitting Chicago when I was supposed to arrive, and was scheduled to slam Boston at 6 PM. But the flight was scheduled to go on time.

I showed up on time. The release from Chicago did not.

Every half hour we got another update. Several times we were told that we were about to go. Once we were about to start boarding. We found out that Boston would close at 6, and reopen Sunday at 2 PM. All Sunday flights were already booked. So were a good chunk of Monday's.

At 5 we boarded. At 5:30 we took off. Not knowing whether we were going to Chicago or Rockport (to refuel and go to Chicago). 20 minutes from landing we found out that if we could circle for 30 minutes, we could land in Chicago. And did at about 7:30 PM.

Then my car reservation with Enterprise ran into the hitch that their office closed at 7 PM.

But we got to the hotel at 9.

All in all not bad. Except for the detail of a 2 month old baby who wasn't really happy most of the trip. Now that is a detail that I don't recommend. But, we survived.

Oh, and the storm? We left Boston before it got hit, and arrived in Chicago after most of the mess was cleared. So we missed it. (But nearly got stuck in Boston for several days because of it.)

Cheers,
Ben