IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Assembly line show and tell
Search engines are dangerous :) Someone left a PPT on the Airbus webserver. It looks like it was part of the presentation package used to round up customers. Whoever made it fell for the old "Powerpoint shrinks my images" gag, so if you pry them loose, they're really good. Some nice shots of the laser welders and wing assembly rings in there.

Interesting tidbit: the wing skin assembler can accommodate pieces up to 136m. A390 anyone?

The whole thing is 10.5 MB. I've extracted the photos to JPGs. If there's anyone else interested I can roll them up and post them someplace.

[link|http://www.airbus.com/pdf/media/a380manufacturing.ppt|http://www.airbus.co...manufacturing.ppt]
New Neat. Thanks. The twiki might be a good spot.
New Up under OpenForum
     "Airbus A380 doubledecker plane" - (a6l6e6x) - (38)
         And the insurance companies are in a cold sweat. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Airports, too. - (static) - (1)
                 Just a few to begin with. - (a6l6e6x)
         Photos linky. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Pictures 2, 3 & 4 mislabled - (drewk)
         Somehow.. the prospect of remembering , with two - (Ashton) - (2)
             I'm sure they have to be able to evacuate it in 90 s too... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Well, maybe. - (a6l6e6x)
         I wonder what the wake turbulence will be like. - (mmoffitt) - (22)
             FedEx and UPS are customers. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                 Yikes! - (folkert) - (20)
                     Why.. you could take a Regiment all the way to N. Korea -NT - (Ashton) - (17)
                         And one SAM would eliminate said regiment. -NT - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                             The Stealth A380 is planned for Version 2.0. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 You! - (Ashton)
                         Re: Why.. you could take a Regiment all the way to N. Korea - (saganista) - (13)
                             Welcome! Tell us more. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                 Re: Welcome! Tell us more. - (saganista) - (6)
                                     I assume this is fly-by-wire. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         Re: I assume this is fly-by-wire. - (saganista) - (3)
                                             That's what I'd guessed. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Re: That's what I'd guessed. - (saganista) - (1)
                                                     ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     There's only one H-4 Hercules. :-) 3 images. - (Another Scott)
                             Sweet... - (folkert) - (1)
                                 Re: Sweet... - (saganista)
                             wow! welcome!! - (daemon) - (1)
                                 Re: wow! welcome!! - (saganista)
                             Hail, fellow Brit. (new thread) - (pwhysall)
                     Does anyone see the possibilities here? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Might get ahead of the demand. -NT - (folkert)
         Assembly line show and tell - (scoenye) - (2)
             Neat. Thanks. The twiki might be a good spot. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Up under OpenForum -NT - (scoenye)
         'Ask the Pilot' (Salon) on the 380 - (Ashton) - (3)
             Teehee - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Maybe the FBW thing is for those French pilots ... - (mmoffitt)
             Oh, yippee, one-point-three whole *inches*! Feh... -NT - (CRConrad)

Did she think she was going to land in the back of a Pier 1 truck carrying papa-san chairs?
72 ms