IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New New Word\ufffd needed for The New Times - Contest!
Special Events deserve to have a new word spawned or sometimes.. a previous one slightly altered? Ex: 'Freedom' (used as a blab-word filler in a speech?) might become.. er Freudom. Maybe.

Better example:

Something of the droll casuistry of say,
Satisfiction

(IIRC - sonmeone's typo which rang a huge gong here: possibly it describes the ersatz feeling of having watched infotainment? or had to hear an entire Ad run through? Or bought most any '80s hunk of Detroit Iron? .. or ever believed any single phrase from Redmond - for an entire minute)

Topic:

I'm looking for a New word-def to encapsulate our Renegade Attorney General Ashcroft, as he abrogates new powers to his Exec Group, almost daily. Something perhaps hinting.. at the ease... he is so-far not much opposed in this dismantling of various rights, etc. Maybe inferring a sub-plot such as would be countered by ~Why I never would have *thought* of such a thing!

So any ideas? - something suggesting duplicity, sanctimony, spin, nefarious sub-plot and overall: disingenuousness via cynical Patriotic rubric.

Tall order for just one word (maybe a 2-word phrase then?)
Winner gets: attribution and a free \ufffd

Ashton Linguistics Ltd.
Don't like the sound of 'ugly' ?
We'll make it sound like 'pretty'.
All done while you sleep.
New Some thoughts to begin with.
Derightful
"He is doing some derightful work ensuring we stay safe and secure, by ensuring you can no longe reven open your mouth in public. The work units, er, citizens are absolutely derighted."

Fyog
For Your Own Good. "In these times, as we create the fyog of war, we make steps to ensure the cheeldrun are safe"

I dunno, you really need The Reg, they're master of new words. Seattlement springs to mind.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New FarRightening!
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Ooh.. Ooh! that pulsed the medulla oblongatta a bit.
Keep Up the Good Work

Imagery to spur us on:

Your Country's Language needs your support; She's being setup for molestation.. Only the right Word might send an oaken Sta(tement)ke thru the Vampire's (empty) chest cavity! before He sucks all her blood.

Dr. Helsing, for Lucy.
New Subclintonian
What you get when you start with Clinton and subtract the charisma.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Patrioschism
New Patriospasm / patriospastic?
New patrioTick!
Spooooooon!
New Perhaps you misspelled it...
...but I was thinking more along the lines of

"Patriocism"

(as in Sado-patriocism, a perverse sexual act where you fuck with the Constitution in the name of patriotism.)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Achnodalarmist or Stalinite, reft, light and snifflock
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New In the words of that UK comedy-ish, 'Are You Being Served?'
You've all done very well!

I feel that a breakthrough is near.. that feeling you'd get, in an almost unimaginable future ... ... when you're watching a live Press Conference called by Bally - and he comes to the podium with an intensely blank expression on that familiar Grail of the Face-Time Seekers, and says -

I now understand the depths of depravity to which I, and this organization have sunk - through mine and the Founding Droid's utter absence of civilized behavior. According, and commencing immediately after this announcement --

Y'know?
New Papriocrat and Patriocrap
New Papriapism...?
New *snicker*
Now you got the right idea!
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Heh.. hook, line & sinker. We have a *Winner* in the
Literate Category.

Subtlety Award with crossed middle-fingers, two small orbs rampant on red velvet - in a wormwood box.

Alas it suffers (only) from the fact that damn few Merkins* have the foggiest idea of WTF Priapus was :[ not even the testosterone-crazed. Pity.

*Merkin n. a public wig for women

Now locally .. what with all the vineyards (and gardens!) nearby - maybe a glimmer ?? Gotta try it at town meeting 12/5 to run a developer outta town..

Damn.. almost a Coq au Vin culinary citation too :-\ufffd
But the secondary attributes nail it!
Priapus be also: Protector of herds, bees and fish.
I mean.. here we gots a Herd-mentality, lots of busy Govt. Buzzing about Patriotism and .. lots of Fishy new Rulez!

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..

Your award will be sent immediately. (Don't worry about any loose white powder - see, the clay is used to dry the ink from the quill pen. See?)

Now we need something maybe a bit more scatological for the unwashed to grok, on pure visceral levels..

Ashton Pulitzer Awards Ltd.

you inscribe it
we'll describe it
New So what do they use for hair in private?
When I visit the aquarium, the same thought keeps running through my mind;
Leemmmooonnn, Buuttteerrr, MMMmmmmmm good!
Expand Edited by Silverlock Nov. 28, 2001, 05:09:39 PM EST
New In private or on privates?
ie what do them Barristers wear when not wigged-out?

Hey when ya ain't got hot water heaters and have long hair: who wouldn't want to cover-up from the coal-soot everywhere?

I know.. you just wanna See Milady fresh outta that monthly bath -- no???

:-\ufffd
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 Nov. 28, 2001, 05:44:58 PM EST
New Just in case you still missed your own typo, Ash...
Naah, considering where it's applied, a merkin is (al-)most definitely NOT "a pubLic wig"...! :-)

(And, hey, what's up with the "for women" bit?!? Never heard that before... So it's OK for us guys to go bald, there too?)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Alas.. no typo. Plot thickens.
(Or I'd've tried to make more of the homonym ;-)

I think ~ time when Le Moron was crying calumnniators calumniators! because he missed *entirely* the context of (Peter's?) use of Merkin, thought it was about Le Him! - someone looked it up in Dictionary.com: I mentally 'saw' an L in there! My egregious badness.

Oh I Do Apologize.. this Putrid excrescence.. This spoon is Ugly! Oh for Gawd's sake, Don't Tell the Cook!

Much more fun the right way. It ain't in my rice-paper '13 dictionary, so full of other good stuff - even at bottom of page with weird addenda. Could it be newer than '13? It also didn't appear in an online dict. of English/UK slang! perhaps because it Wasn't 'slang'. And whom were these Proper English Ladies planning to Impress? Especially considering certain umm occasional involuntary 'pullings' as occur and .. .. ?

Now one is forced to wonder - before modrin miracle adhesives: HTF was such a thing umm held-in-place.?. and er (umm) just how much unusual uh tensile, torsional forces could it withstand? And.. did it augment the natural hirsute adornment or require certain tonsorial preparation (and Who would you trust with a straight-razor, to help?)
And..

{sigh}

Then there's the irony of them preverts* what seem to like the absence of that-all - perhaps as close as they come to fantasizing about the recapture of Innocence (or the destruction of same?) - ya never can tell, around the Puritan-infested.. What they fantasize about - but you Can be sure: it's about guilt..

* per Dr. Strangelove as in [sic]

Yup.. gotta Love merkin - almost a Rorschak for the Age!

Ashton
for clarity, irreverence and just plain The Pubic Good
New Thank you, thank you! (Bows deeply) All Ben's doing, really!
(Heck, I was just spoofing what I took for a typo from him...)
New Good root; almost there.. Runner-Up in Literate Category!
     New Word\ufffd needed for The New Times - Contest! - (Ashton) - (20)
         Some thoughts to begin with. - (Meerkat) - (2)
             FarRightening! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Ooh.. Ooh! that pulsed the medulla oblongatta a bit. - (Ashton)
         Subclintonian - (marlowe)
         Patrioschism -NT - (Silverlock) - (3)
             Patriospasm / patriospastic? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 patrioTick! - (Silverlock)
             Perhaps you misspelled it... - (jb4)
         Achnodalarmist or Stalinite, reft, light and snifflock -NT - (boxley)
         In the words of that UK comedy-ish, 'Are You Being Served?' - (Ashton)
         Papriocrat and Patriocrap -NT - (ben_tilly) - (9)
             Papriapism...? -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                 *snicker* - (jb4)
                 Heh.. hook, line & sinker. We have a *Winner* in the - (Ashton) - (5)
                     So what do they use for hair in private? -NT - (Silverlock) - (3)
                         In private or on privates? - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Just in case you still missed your own typo, Ash... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Alas.. no typo. Plot thickens. - (Ashton)
                     Thank you, thank you! (Bows deeply) All Ben's doing, really! -NT - (CRConrad)
             Good root; almost there.. Runner-Up in Literate Category! -NT - (Ashton)

Up is down. Left is right. Black licorice tastes good.
175 ms