IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Develop a skin
What I said was not insulting. Nor is it particularly wrong - right now I'll answer to "from Santa Monica" even though I've been here less than 2 years. Especially so if I think that the person that I'm talking to might not realize that I grew up elsewhere. (I have no clue where you are from, I just know that you live in Texas.)

As for my comment about history, you mixed up 3,000 years ago and 30,000 years ago. After a whopper like that, you have to expect some light-hearted teasing. If you can't take it, then it is time to step away from the computer and take a break.

Regards,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New then develop a brain
what you said IS insulting to me. And if you had 1/100 of a brain you'd know that I'm one of the rarest of insulters to others on this board. But that fact never found a landing spot on your arrogant ass. My skin is tough enough, putting up with dickheads like you in HR and IT departments day after day who are preventing me from supporting my family.

Someone said "medieval" then someone said "before beer". Beer existed at least 3000 years before the medieval period, a fact to which I explained previously. Guess you're tto much of a pompous pile of bloody shit to have caught that.

Why don't you back away from the computer and this community for a week or two; let decent human beings remained uncontaminated from your arrogance. At least give us a break from your intentional twisting of other people's words.

lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Chill out.
Sorry, Lincoln, but you have one of the thinnest skins here. This may not be obvious to you, but it's obvious to anyone who has watched you blow up like this repeatedly. Yes, you're stressed from your employment problems. Don't take it out on people here, please.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New When they're the ones who push my buttons
they will get the appropriate response. My skin is thick enough, but there are limits to my acceptance of arrogance and put downs. Sounds like you'd rather I not defend myself and just allow being dumped on. I thought you were a better person than that.

To try to avoid responsibility by saying things like "it's only light hearted joshing" is all too typical of a certain poster.

lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
New Actually, linc, if he were to be insulting,...
...he'd have called you a "Texan", or better (actually worse), a "Tejano". There are Texans, and there are People from Texas. Texans/Tejanos are the arrogant, insufferable boors that readily and happily assume the stereotype as their raison d'\ufffdtre. You find Tejanos all over the world (even in the White House, but I digress...). People from Texas, on the other hand,just happen to have the current misfortune of living in The World's Largest Hole In The Ground. People from Texas generally agree that Texas is "a nice place to be from...".

So take a deep breath, and admire the subtleties.
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New If I pushed your buttons, it was ENTIRELY by accident.
I certainly did not intend to do so, nor did I expect you to become so upset.

If I had any idea that you were likely to react as you have, I'd have chosen a very different response.

Regards,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New having met lincoln I think you could have
called him a low rent cocksucker and he wouldnt mind as much as being called texan. Of course how the heck are you to know that?
regards,
daemon
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New situation closed
per our emails.
lincoln
New And
I'm offering Ben_Tilly a public apology for unloading on him with both barrels, when he had no clue as to why I did that until well after the fact. I'm sorry for that act, and I apologize.
lincoln
New Unnecessary, but thank you
New Re: When they're the ones who push my buttons
My skin is thick enough, but there are limits to my acceptance of arrogance and put downs. Sounds like you'd rather I not defend myself and just allow being dumped on.
What you consider to be arrogance and put downs has a distinctly lower bar than that of most people. I will point out that what Ben said was pretty innocuous, but you responded with a hearty FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. Your responses are typically far out of proportion to whatever provocation triggered them.

I thought you were a better person than that.
One of the less insulting people here, indeed. Carry on, I don't really care, other than the four-letter words in all caps in a subject line - you can stop that rude behavior any time, buddy. I just thought you might benefit from a more objective point of view.

One final point: you don't know Ben very well at all if you think he's arrogant. Especially if you think he's stupid or a "dickhead".

Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Reality check
The question is not how often you deal insults, it is how prone you are to take them where none should be read.

As for the factual question, you claim that Someone said "medieval" then someone said "before beer". Beer existed at least 3000 years before the medieval period, a fact to which I explained previously. Guess you're tto much of a pompous pile of bloody shit to have caught that.

But that isn't what happened. In fact [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/user?userid=28&backurl=http%3a//z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show%3fcontentid%3d186643|someone] [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=186396|said] "paleo-diet", then [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/user?userid=30&backurl=http%3a//z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show%3fcontentid%3d186643|someone] [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=186406|said] "before beer", then you explained that beer has been around 3-4000 years. This was followed by a back and forth between various people pointing out to you (with varying degrees of directness) that the Egyptians came after the Paleolithic period (which was 2 million BC to 10,000 BC or so), and posts where you Obviously Still Didn't Get It.

Perhaps you responded to one part of the conversation while thinking it was another? And then never double-checked?

In any case I believe that if you re-read the whole exchange carefully, you'll see that nothing I did really justifies your outrage.

Regards,
Ben
     Bad News - (Steve Lowe) - (63)
         Sorry to hear that, good luck - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             I dont think Steve wants to get pregnant - (boxley) - (1)
                 Heh - (ben_tilly)
         Chin up - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Chin up, that way you'll lead with your jaw? - (ben_tilly)
         Re: Bad News - (Ashton)
         Keep yer spirits up, then. - (CRConrad)
         Sorry to hear it, Steve. - (a6l6e6x)
         I sympathise, but you'll survive I'm sure. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Try to look on the bright side - (drewk)
         Sorry to hear that. - (inthane-chan)
         :-( - (imric)
         Sorry about that. - (broomberg)
         Sorry to hear it -NT - (Silverlock)
         I was diagnosed 18 months ago. - (jbrabeck)
         Bad news and Good news - (cforde)
         My sister-in-law has Type I - (admin)
         I'm sorry Steve - (Nightowl)
         Hate that. - (folkert)
         Bummer - (tuberculosis)
         :-( Keep on a good diet and exercise! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Steve, sorry to hear that. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
             Beginning to suspect we should go even further back in time: - (CRConrad) - (40)
                 What, before beer? Aggh! -NT - (imric) - (35)
                     Yeah, xackly. And I love bread, too. :-( -NT - (CRConrad) - (11)
                         Love the paleo root, says friend Ogg - (Ashton) - (10)
                             Now THAT is too extreme. - (imric)
                             Congratulations. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                 Diets... - (imric) - (1)
                                     Zooks! Thanks for the info. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 145? What are you, three feet tall? -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                                     175-ish cm. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         i.e ~5' 9" :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 OMG - (jake123) - (2)
                                     I'm exactly 185 right now - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Yep. And no, I'm NOT fat. I'm just... - (CRConrad)
                     Nah - (lincoln) - (18)
                         What, so you think they didn't have agriculture?!? -NT - (CRConrad) - (17)
                             I didn't imply that at all - (lincoln) - (16)
                                 "all the way back to the stone age." - (imric) - (15)
                                     He just has no sense of history - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                                         FUCK YOU ASSHOLE - (lincoln) - (12)
                                             Develop a skin - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                 then develop a brain - (lincoln) - (10)
                                                     Chill out. - (admin) - (8)
                                                         When they're the ones who push my buttons - (lincoln) - (7)
                                                             Actually, linc, if he were to be insulting,... - (jb4)
                                                             If I pushed your buttons, it was ENTIRELY by accident. - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                 having met lincoln I think you could have - (daemon)
                                                                 situation closed - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                                     And - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                         Unnecessary, but thank you -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Re: When they're the ones who push my buttons - (admin)
                                                     Reality check - (ben_tilly)
                                         Hey, I'm from Texas.... - (ChrisR)
                     There is no "before beer". - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         That's why God created Earth - and people, you know. - (imric) - (1)
                             Oh no.... - (Nightowl)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                 dirt encrusted porridge washed back with anthrax laden milk? -NT - (daemon) - (3)
                     No, you utter frigging numbskull, when I say... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         I see, dirt encrusted meat with anthrax laden berries? - (daemon)
                         How old? - (a6l6e6x)

Can anyone here PLAY this game??
90 ms