IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bad News
This afternoon I recieved a phone call from my Doc. I have Type II Diabetes and a thyroid problem. My blood pressure, heart rate, and cholesterol levels are borderline for someone who's healthy, but are dangerously high for a Diabetic. I'll be starting on meds for the diabetes, cholesterol and bp tomorrow, and attending a class on how to deal with diabetes sometime next week.

Thankfully, I survived a round of layoffs at work this week.
--
Steve
New Sorry to hear that, good luck
Diabetes is no fun. My wife just went though that temporarily, and finger sticks get very old, very fast.

It is possible to eat a varied diet with diabetes, it just is very, very hard.

Given that you don't need to get lots of carbs for pregnancy, you might consider trying Atkins.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New I dont think Steve wants to get pregnant
but you're right low carb will help,
Steve I have a friend who has been doabetic for many years, learn to eat a lot of small healthy snacks instead of three meals, you can have a healthy normal life like my friend which includes shots of tequila and vodka, he just cant drink mixers any more.
regards,
daemon
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Heh
I wasn't suggesting that he would. My wife's situation was that she had gestational diabetes, but couldn't do Atkins because she needed to supply carbs to the baby.

He doesn't have that additional restriction, so has more freedom than she did.

But you're right, the key is lots of little snacks, no big meals. That way no individual snack creates a sugar spike (followed by a sugar crash), but you're getting lots of goodies.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Chin up
A cow-orker is Type II. He moderates his levels with diet and medication, and lives a full and happy life.

I'm willing to bet that your BP, heart rate and cholesterol will improve as (a) you eat as per your diabetes (the diet my colleague is on is rich in fruit & veg and low in fat) and (b) you get off your arse and do some exercise :-)

It's a worry, but you'll be fine, I'm sure.

Secular thoughts from the UK :)

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
New Chin up, that way you'll lead with your jaw?
Sorry, I didn't resist. (I could've, so I won't say that I couldn't, but I obviously didn't.)

Cheers,
Ben
New Re: Bad News
You might be amazed to find the number of prefs that were just habits and won't be missed, even after just a few weeks. So much of the US diet metabolizes into -oses /sugars, it's surprising we aren't all in your predicament. (And many more Are, but haven't realized it yet.)

Dunno what formulas you'll be given; do know that there are many ways to deal with the phenom - not all of them needing pharm-chem, so apt not to be on all official radars.

Having experimented with some variants, I can vouch for the "not missed" part - which surprised moi ie no 'withdrawal regrets'. Main surprise was.. just how malleable are our 'preferences'! (fickle? ;-)

YMMV, natch.

Luck,

Ashton
New Keep yer spirits up, then.
(in stead of your chin, I mean, so you won't get any bad puns from Ben. ;-) As Peter says, I'm sure you'll overcome these various problems, with most of the solutions reinforcing each other.

(Fuck, this is stuff almost all of us oughta do... *Without* waiting for the additional incentive of diabetes actually erupting. Being human, though, I'm sure most of us -- me certainly included! -- won't be able to, until we're in the same boat.)

Generally-positive-but-not-specifically-supernatural thoughts and wishes from this corner of Scandalahoovia, too.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Sorry to hear it, Steve.
I forget if, in the past, you've mentioned being overweight. But, if you are, it may be a contributing factor and some weight loss would help.

In any case, good luck in coping with it!
Alex

In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly. -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge, poet (1772-1834)
New I sympathise, but you'll survive I'm sure.
The word hasn't gotten around to all the "experts" but - cut out trans fats (partially hydrogenated anything). They've been strongly inplicated in both type II diabetes and in eleveted levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol as well as supression of HDL (good) cholesterol and brain damage.

That means fast food is out because in shifting from beef tallow (under intense pressure from "health activists") the fast food chains found vegetable oil didn't work, so most now use partially hydrogenated vegetable oils which contain high levels of trans fats - far more evil than the saturated fats in beef tallow and lard.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Try to look on the bright side
Like Christian said, all of us know we should change our diet, but none of us does until something happens. What has happened to you is a diagnosis of something that is mostly treatable with diet. So you now have incentive.

Since his Diabetes diagnosis several years ago, my father has been healthier than in the previous couple of decades.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Sorry to hear that.
Although the way it works is somewhat different, we're nursing a cat through diabetes as well. Take care of yourself, and it all works out okay, even if your eating habits aren't as interesting any more.
"Here at Ortillery Command we have at our disposal hundred megawatt laser beams, mach 20 titanium rods and guided thermonuclear bombs. Some people say we think that we're God. We're not God. We just borrowed his 'SMITE' button for our fire control system."
New :-(
I'm glad you made it past the layoffs, anyway...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Sorry about that.
But as other have said, Atkins is a great diet to live on.
New Sorry to hear it
-----------------------------------------
How do you convince a Washington Journalist that you're not slapping him in the face?

Tell him you're not.
New I was diagnosed 18 months ago.
If you need any help, suggestions, advice, or just to "talk" drop me an email. my id at email.usps.gov

I'm surviving. Know you can too.

Joe
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Bad news and Good news
So let's focus on the good news, you're still employed and reasonably healthy. The bad news isn't all that bad. You're not as healthy perhaps as you could be, but it's not so hard to deal with. You'll be fine I'm sure. I'd save my worrying for the next round of layoffs....
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New My sister-in-law has Type I
It's nothing to mess around with; she's not careful and has lost the vision in one of her eyes, as well as a few close calls with the other one.

Good luck with the treatments, and follow the regimens religiously. You'll be fine.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I'm sorry Steve
I'll keep you in my thoughts as you learn to deal with the condition.

Take care,

Brenda

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New Hate that.
Did your Doctor suggest any Weightloss options?

Blood pressure prolly needs to come down too.

My Doctor has been giving me the Evil-Eye for not going in the right direction. This time he said he wants to see me first week or so of January to make sure I am doing the right thing.

DAM, I was SOOOOO looking forward to the Candied-in-RUM-Fruit-Cake Karen's Aunt Makes... YUMMM. Guess, I have to only have a 1lb piece (1/2"x4"x3").

Yeah, we have to shore-up the Floor and Table where they put the whole Cake.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
New Bummer
Dealing with chronic illness is a drag but eventually it will become habit and you won't feel so put upon.

Thyroid problems are a drag but seem to be more common than I had initially thought (I know several folks that have had the things burned out (via radiation) and just take their daily meds like vitamins and do fine). Also, once they got the tyroid issue straightened out a lot of other wackiness in their health subsided.

So this is good for you to be getting this treated.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."     --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:30:26 AM EDT
New :-( Keep on a good diet and exercise!
New Steve, sorry to hear that.
But, you're not dead and that is a very good thing.

I have a family w/a lot of diabetes and I know what a pita it can be. If we get over our medieval superstitions soon, perhaps there will be a cure ("stem cell").

Best of luck to you.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
(Just trying to be accepted in the New America)
New Beginning to suspect we should go even further back in time:
To long before mediaeval superstitions, all the way back to the stone age.

There's this whole "movement" (?), you see, that advocates going back to a [link|http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=paleo%2Ddiet|"paleo-diet"] like what our hunter-gatherer ancestors used to eat before agriculture was invented.

What these people say is, basically, that we're not built to digest lots of carbo-hydrates, and especially not "fast" ones, so we should avoid them. (Kind of like the Atkins diet, but arriving at it from a slightly different angle.) Sounds pretty convincing, to me, at first (and even second) glance.

So, if your family went back *that* far in time, they wouldn't have to worry about mediaeval superstitions. :-)

Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New What, before beer? Aggh!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New Yeah, xackly. And I love bread, too. :-(
New Love the paleo root, says friend Ogg
And what rationale for a humanoid 'diet' could be more logical? Hell, we see we are 'omnivores' - but isn't it stretching that to imagine the idea encompasses Pure Shit\ufffd designed by ADM, GE and Nestl\ufffd .. to appeal to our 3-yo tastes?

Have been experimenting with ~such, past 6 mos - initially via observing its effect on a person in extremis. The white-smock folk had only generalized Rx 'solutions' which were ineffective and with the usual multi-page side effects on precious bodily organs/fluids. This was not acceptable from the get-go.

The shtik of the particular regimen happens to be, "digestive health", seeing that as a general litmus also - for what is apt to be an aid to the immune system's optimal direction [*Nobody* understands very much about this 'immune system' idea IMhO, though many have opinions / sell opinions {ugh} evangelize].

Unlike most who have been drawn to this particular option, I 'entered' without any particular badnesses, no predilection for the standard Murican junk food (frozen or nuked varieties) -- but hardly either, a model of Healthy Diet 101.

What surprised moi:

A) I'm not missing 'bread' [!!] but may still have the occasional mondo Choc Decadence piece o' cake and other cheats, in moderation.

B) The supplements, as include such things as enzymes (some via raw, special sauerkraut - yet!) and other bio-active materials -- are not cheap, but appear to be effective. ie I Feel 'healthier'.

C) Side effect - not amidst my Reasons, but often some folks' Main Reason - I have lost ~ 18# and back to approx Fighting-weight of a couple decades past. (When I consider the reported self-torture and often-failure of 'weight loss diets', am further amazed at the ease of this serendipitous effect.)

Since (fresh, not farmed) salmon is one of the *Omega-3 staples, and the general plot is to eschew as many insecticide-laced substances -- 'organic' Costs. But I Love salmon, so aside from $$ that's a no brainer. The smoothies -- with $organic$ honey + berries, to nicely civilize the goat milk yogurt.. are also as tasty as nutritious. What's not to like?

* and it also appears the case that - it isn't that one should eschew the -6 variety, but that the ratio of -3/-6 should be in a 'decent?' range. I like the authors' way of setting out their rationale, and often sufficient techno details and refs elsewhere. Think: the reverse of 'Doctor' Says __ arrogance. Decidedly these two authors/cured-users appeal to the anti-Authoritarian chaff amidst the sheeple.

Etc. ie have approached this matter with typ skepticism, as I watch friend slowly recuperate (though not back to her previous energy - because there actually is an odd 'disease' also to contend with - not that *that* was found by the White-smock contingent - either!).

I'll continue on it too, as I can do nicely sans 'pasta', grains.. and a variety of other things we have been conditioned to believe are Rilly Good stuff. Maybe (surely) I'm odd: I'm Not missing anything -- even if a decent Champagne is a pretty good 2-day cheat.

FWIW,

moi -
not 'suffering' despite acculturated Murican-spoiling of most sane thoughts about "food". Hey.. we're as fucked on food 'theory' as on bizness and religio-politico mumbo jumbo!
Gosh, what a surprise..
New Now THAT is too extreme.
I tend to disbelieve modern fad diets - and, no offense, but the 'paleo-diet' is one of them, because if thier proponents are to be believed, farmers and European 'peasant-types' are, and were, the most unhealthy folk in history.

Eggs were 'bad'.

Bread, beer, and potatoes are 'bad' now.

Fat was 'bad'

Red meat was 'bad'

Cholesterol was 'bad'.

Sorry, but most of the farmers I grew up with ate this stuff all the time - and are STILL the most robustly healthy folk around.

Here's a clue - it's not so much the diet as the excercise.

And you know what? Too much excercise can be bad for you too.

Imric's Tips for Living

New Congratulations.
My weight has been creeping up year by year, so I'm going to have to make some changes soon. (I'm at 153 pounds now, approaching my lifetime high. I want to be closer to 140-145 and stay there.) Bread, toast, crackers, rice and pasta are staples of mine. I guess I'll need to go back to my childhood diet of 3 small meals a day (and meat with 2 of them), few snacks, and relearn that hunger is different from wanting to eat. :-/ I've been off sugar-sweetened pop for a while (and don't like Nutrasweet), but the candy machine calls to me every afternoon...

18 pounds in 6 months is very good. Keep at it!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Diets...
A couple of years back I lost 40lbs in 6 weeks.

I took an ephedra based diet drug and followed the directions (that includes the strict limit of 11 weeks on the stuff), cut my caloric intake down to 800 calories a day, did a 4-6 mile walk in a local park daily, and did pushups, curls, and calisthenics, too.

I actually credit the walking and excercise with most of the weight loss (cutting the food intake so much didn't hurt either). I wouldn't take the ephedra again. The only reason I did it then was that I was so depressed I didn't care what effect it might have on my health. (this was while I was unemployed)

OK - back on target. I monitored my calories, but I didn't pay attention to the type of food I was eating... I DID replace candy with apples and pears, though. Fills you up, and apples are 50 calories, and pears are 60...

Imric's Tips for Living

New Zooks! Thanks for the info. :-)
New 145? What are you, three feet tall?
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New 175-ish cm.
I was ~ 125 pounds, at most, until I was ~ 28.

Cheers,
Scott.
New i.e ~5' 9" :)
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt.
-- Bertrand Russell
New OMG
I currently weigh about 220, and haven't been below 185 since I was 18.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New I'm exactly 185 right now
I'd think that height plays a role in determining what is good and what is bad. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
New Yep. And no, I'm NOT fat. I'm just...
...a bit short for my weight! :-)

(About 25 cm [10 in], or so.)

New Nah
Beer has been around for 3,000 to 4,000 years. There's proof that the ancient Egyptians were making beer when they were building the pyramids.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New What, so you think they didn't have agriculture?!?
New I didn't imply that at all
without agriculture, they wouldn't have have wheat or barley, ingrediants for beer as we know it. I was reply to his "before beer" statement.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
New "all the way back to the stone age."
The Egyptians, Neolithic? *grin*

Imric's Tips for Living

New He just has no sense of history
He's from Texas, what do you expect?

Cheers,
Ben
New FUCK YOU ASSHOLE
I'm NOT FROM Texas; I just happen to live there right now.
lincoln
New Develop a skin
What I said was not insulting. Nor is it particularly wrong - right now I'll answer to "from Santa Monica" even though I've been here less than 2 years. Especially so if I think that the person that I'm talking to might not realize that I grew up elsewhere. (I have no clue where you are from, I just know that you live in Texas.)

As for my comment about history, you mixed up 3,000 years ago and 30,000 years ago. After a whopper like that, you have to expect some light-hearted teasing. If you can't take it, then it is time to step away from the computer and take a break.

Regards,
Ben
New then develop a brain
what you said IS insulting to me. And if you had 1/100 of a brain you'd know that I'm one of the rarest of insulters to others on this board. But that fact never found a landing spot on your arrogant ass. My skin is tough enough, putting up with dickheads like you in HR and IT departments day after day who are preventing me from supporting my family.

Someone said "medieval" then someone said "before beer". Beer existed at least 3000 years before the medieval period, a fact to which I explained previously. Guess you're tto much of a pompous pile of bloody shit to have caught that.

Why don't you back away from the computer and this community for a week or two; let decent human beings remained uncontaminated from your arrogance. At least give us a break from your intentional twisting of other people's words.

lincoln
New Chill out.
Sorry, Lincoln, but you have one of the thinnest skins here. This may not be obvious to you, but it's obvious to anyone who has watched you blow up like this repeatedly. Yes, you're stressed from your employment problems. Don't take it out on people here, please.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New When they're the ones who push my buttons
they will get the appropriate response. My skin is thick enough, but there are limits to my acceptance of arrogance and put downs. Sounds like you'd rather I not defend myself and just allow being dumped on. I thought you were a better person than that.

To try to avoid responsibility by saying things like "it's only light hearted joshing" is all too typical of a certain poster.

lincoln
New Actually, linc, if he were to be insulting,...
...he'd have called you a "Texan", or better (actually worse), a "Tejano". There are Texans, and there are People from Texas. Texans/Tejanos are the arrogant, insufferable boors that readily and happily assume the stereotype as their raison d'\ufffdtre. You find Tejanos all over the world (even in the White House, but I digress...). People from Texas, on the other hand,just happen to have the current misfortune of living in The World's Largest Hole In The Ground. People from Texas generally agree that Texas is "a nice place to be from...".

So take a deep breath, and admire the subtleties.
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New If I pushed your buttons, it was ENTIRELY by accident.
I certainly did not intend to do so, nor did I expect you to become so upset.

If I had any idea that you were likely to react as you have, I'd have chosen a very different response.

Regards,
Ben
New having met lincoln I think you could have
called him a low rent cocksucker and he wouldnt mind as much as being called texan. Of course how the heck are you to know that?
regards,
daemon
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New situation closed
per our emails.
lincoln
New And
I'm offering Ben_Tilly a public apology for unloading on him with both barrels, when he had no clue as to why I did that until well after the fact. I'm sorry for that act, and I apologize.
lincoln
New Unnecessary, but thank you
New Re: When they're the ones who push my buttons
My skin is thick enough, but there are limits to my acceptance of arrogance and put downs. Sounds like you'd rather I not defend myself and just allow being dumped on.
What you consider to be arrogance and put downs has a distinctly lower bar than that of most people. I will point out that what Ben said was pretty innocuous, but you responded with a hearty FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. Your responses are typically far out of proportion to whatever provocation triggered them.

I thought you were a better person than that.
One of the less insulting people here, indeed. Carry on, I don't really care, other than the four-letter words in all caps in a subject line - you can stop that rude behavior any time, buddy. I just thought you might benefit from a more objective point of view.

One final point: you don't know Ben very well at all if you think he's arrogant. Especially if you think he's stupid or a "dickhead".

Regards,

-scott anderson

New Reality check
The question is not how often you deal insults, it is how prone you are to take them where none should be read.

As for the factual question, you claim that Someone said "medieval" then someone said "before beer". Beer existed at least 3000 years before the medieval period, a fact to which I explained previously. Guess you're tto much of a pompous pile of bloody shit to have caught that.

But that isn't what happened. In fact [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/user?userid=28&backurl=http%3a//z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show%3fcontentid%3d186643|someone] [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=186396|said] "paleo-diet", then [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/user?userid=30&backurl=http%3a//z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show%3fcontentid%3d186643|someone] [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=186406|said] "before beer", then you explained that beer has been around 3-4000 years. This was followed by a back and forth between various people pointing out to you (with varying degrees of directness) that the Egyptians came after the Paleolithic period (which was 2 million BC to 10,000 BC or so), and posts where you Obviously Still Didn't Get It.

Perhaps you responded to one part of the conversation while thinking it was another? And then never double-checked?

In any case I believe that if you re-read the whole exchange carefully, you'll see that nothing I did really justifies your outrage.

Regards,
Ben
New Hey, I'm from Texas....
...and I do have a sense of History - it first appeared somewhere about the time of Santa Anna and the siege on the Alamo. :-)
New There is no "before beer".
Pay no heed to these misguided souls.

In the beginning was the beer, etc.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
New That's why God created Earth - and people, you know.
"In Heaven, there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."

The Universe is a road-house for rowdy deities...

There's a Gaiman/Pratchett story in there SOMEWHERE...

Imric's Tips for Living

New Oh no....
You got John started singing that song. ;)

Brenda

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #186649 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=186649|ICLRPD]
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New dirt encrusted porridge washed back with anthrax laden milk?
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New No, you utter frigging numbskull, when I say...
..."before agriculture was invented", that would mean you wouldn't have any grain to cook porridge from. Nor -- since animal husbandry is usually included with agriculture -- any goats to get the milk from.

Wasn't that fucking OBVIOUS?

Hey, BTW, how old are you...? I ask because I wonder if you are supposed to be getting this senile already -- lately(*), your logic and reasoning seem to be on a level with your grammar and spelling.

(*) OK, maybe not generally, but at least in this post I'm replying to.

New I see, dirt encrusted meat with anthrax laden berries?
Hunter Gatherer, in actual fact in europe would have been a lot of salmon, berries, birds and large game killed in the fall so a pit would aid in its keeping thru the winter, not a bad diet at all. And fermented berries were fun.
regards,
daemon
New How old?
He turned 49 last month.

And, skepticism is healthy at any age. :)
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt.
-- Bertrand Russell
     Bad News - (Steve Lowe) - (63)
         Sorry to hear that, good luck - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             I dont think Steve wants to get pregnant - (boxley) - (1)
                 Heh - (ben_tilly)
         Chin up - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Chin up, that way you'll lead with your jaw? - (ben_tilly)
         Re: Bad News - (Ashton)
         Keep yer spirits up, then. - (CRConrad)
         Sorry to hear it, Steve. - (a6l6e6x)
         I sympathise, but you'll survive I'm sure. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Try to look on the bright side - (drewk)
         Sorry to hear that. - (inthane-chan)
         :-( - (imric)
         Sorry about that. - (broomberg)
         Sorry to hear it -NT - (Silverlock)
         I was diagnosed 18 months ago. - (jbrabeck)
         Bad news and Good news - (cforde)
         My sister-in-law has Type I - (admin)
         I'm sorry Steve - (Nightowl)
         Hate that. - (folkert)
         Bummer - (tuberculosis)
         :-( Keep on a good diet and exercise! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Steve, sorry to hear that. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
             Beginning to suspect we should go even further back in time: - (CRConrad) - (40)
                 What, before beer? Aggh! -NT - (imric) - (35)
                     Yeah, xackly. And I love bread, too. :-( -NT - (CRConrad) - (11)
                         Love the paleo root, says friend Ogg - (Ashton) - (10)
                             Now THAT is too extreme. - (imric)
                             Congratulations. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                 Diets... - (imric) - (1)
                                     Zooks! Thanks for the info. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 145? What are you, three feet tall? -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                                     175-ish cm. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         i.e ~5' 9" :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 OMG - (jake123) - (2)
                                     I'm exactly 185 right now - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Yep. And no, I'm NOT fat. I'm just... - (CRConrad)
                     Nah - (lincoln) - (18)
                         What, so you think they didn't have agriculture?!? -NT - (CRConrad) - (17)
                             I didn't imply that at all - (lincoln) - (16)
                                 "all the way back to the stone age." - (imric) - (15)
                                     He just has no sense of history - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                                         FUCK YOU ASSHOLE - (lincoln) - (12)
                                             Develop a skin - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                 then develop a brain - (lincoln) - (10)
                                                     Chill out. - (admin) - (8)
                                                         When they're the ones who push my buttons - (lincoln) - (7)
                                                             Actually, linc, if he were to be insulting,... - (jb4)
                                                             If I pushed your buttons, it was ENTIRELY by accident. - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                 having met lincoln I think you could have - (daemon)
                                                                 situation closed - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                                     And - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                         Unnecessary, but thank you -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                             Re: When they're the ones who push my buttons - (admin)
                                                     Reality check - (ben_tilly)
                                         Hey, I'm from Texas.... - (ChrisR)
                     There is no "before beer". - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         That's why God created Earth - and people, you know. - (imric) - (1)
                             Oh no.... - (Nightowl)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                 dirt encrusted porridge washed back with anthrax laden milk? -NT - (daemon) - (3)
                     No, you utter frigging numbskull, when I say... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         I see, dirt encrusted meat with anthrax laden berries? - (daemon)
                         How old? - (a6l6e6x)

Ever since then, I can easily spot a sociopathic liar.
235 ms