IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The individual has what?
I could rant to a non-technical individual all I want about Disney, and their eyes would just glaze over.

Until that changes, I can only communicate to people to whom communicating is superfluous.

So how would you suggest changing that?

Cheers,
Ben
New Well.. a letter to Kottar-Kotelly just now
couldn't hurt (?)

If she's more ept than is apparent - you're sure to be understood. If she's less ept, she'll still recognize brevity and decent syntax - so there's a chance she'll ask someone to elaborate where you've lost her.
[/lobbying]

Ashton
New Re: The individual has what?
One of the reasons that Monsters, Inc. is doing so well at the box office right now (much better than Shrek) has to do with the demographics. Many of the people watching the film are teenagers, and they are more apt to glaze (or even laugh) than the parents taking their children.

We're much better off writing to publications, congresscritters, and other such venues than wasting time handing out fliers to people who really could give a rat's ass about free software.
Regards,

-scott anderson
     Monsters, Inc. - (admin) - (49)
         SSSCA - (kmself) - (45)
             Ironic considering who used to work there. -NT - (ben_tilly)
             *shrug* - (admin) - (43)
                 Disney's intent - (kmself) - (42)
                     "Support"? - (wharris2) - (2)
                         Excuse me, but I do it - (ben_tilly)
                         Readily - (kmself)
                     Re: Disney's intent - (admin) - (38)
                         Those who consort with villians - (kmself) - (37)
                             That's naive. - (admin) - (36)
                                 The power of individual action - (kmself) - (35)
                                     Excuse me... - (bepatient) - (29)
                                         Pixar - (kmself) - (28)
                                             Question? - (ChrisR) - (27)
                                                 (Half of) the second, and the third, is my theory: - (CRConrad)
                                                 Context of copyright law and free software - (kmself) - (25)
                                                     Grammar police - (drewk) - (24)
                                                         To continue in that vein, "impact"... - (CRConrad) - (16)
                                                             Heard a new mangling of language today. - (Meerkat) - (15)
                                                                 Quote from Calvin and Hobbes. - (static) - (14)
                                                                     Hmmm Wattersen read some Sufi aphorisms (?) - (Ashton) - (13)
                                                                         No idea. - (static) - (12)
                                                                             If that's your reading of the ripostes in Calvin & Hobbes.. - (Ashton) - (11)
                                                                                 ... it was entirely from memory. - (static) - (10)
                                                                                     Not a problem.. - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                                                         Re: 'comics' be our only public philosophy exercise - (hnick) - (8)
                                                                                             Bug in board software - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                                                                                                 Thanks... -NT - (hnick)
                                                                                             My sentiments perzackly.. Comics are our last bastion. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                                 Ghod, no! - (mhuber) - (1)
                                                                                                     Hmmm.. yer right! Recognize --> Homogenize--> Assimilate! :[ - (Ashton)
                                                                                             I wonder. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                                                 I would suppose both... - (hnick)
                                                                                                 Legitimate copout? - (Ashton)
                                                         Writing for effect - (kmself) - (6)
                                                             Suitably sated serendipity - (Ashton)
                                                             A lessening impact. - (static) - (4)
                                                                 Forther flogging of the deceased equine - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                     That's a fascinating piece of trivia. - (static) - (1)
                                                                         Maybe adj. too - 'impacted tooth'? :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 A noble distinction I share; imagine bein deemed a Marketer! -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Disney the big bad corporation - (admin) - (1)
                                         Was also involved with... - (ChrisR)
                                     The individual has what? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                         Well.. a letter to Kottar-Kotelly just now - (Ashton)
                                         Re: The individual has what? - (admin)
         Took the family... - (ChrisR) - (1)
             Heh, I noticed the same thing. :-) -NT - (admin)
         Good film; however, - (orion)

¡Despierte, Estupido-idiota!
92 ms