IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Respect?
Hokay, now I call you a Philistine.
Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?
New I bet he uses Comic Sans.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
New I gladly accept the label
At least when it comes to Powerpoint. I loathe Powerpoint. And I loathe the mentality that makes management so fond of it.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Powerpoint and philistinism
I yield to no man in my detestation of both the concept and the execution of Powerpoint. I do not claim artistic or any other kind of merit for the productions that pass through my hands—merely that my intervention serves in some wise to ameliorate the frightful visual ugliness of what the victims of these interminable presentations are compelled to sit through.

cordially,
Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?
New Re: Powerpoint and philistinism
What Can one say re Power {ugh} Point? Surely it is the visible stench of the anti-phlogiston to all ideas as might not have met an abortive shunting within the reptile brain of an entrepreneur, or other phage.

I doubt not that thy jeer be sincere as that of.. any demure maiden? as had expected to receive sententious sonnets from a presenting swain -- received instead -- a Hallmark\ufffd'd piece of doggerel, proffered as diversion for a neophyte's furtive and premature grope. (First/Last date, sucker.)

Yet while PP merits any excesses of derision for its Shrub-like dedication to the cockamamie idea that a succession of stupid fucking \ufffd \ufffd \ufffd is an adequate autoreplacement for actual thought: yet is it possible to confound the pewling aims of the Redmond primitives.. ie the idiot-spawn of barbarian Billy possess not the means for completely preventing! the expression of fully-formed ideas, as well.

Thanks to some exposure to an authentic printing operation modeled after pukka Age of Enlightenment equipment and rigor, I have experienced the beauty of elegant fonts, faces and impressions righteously applied to paper to-die-for. Seen.. that, all aspects of size, density, crispness and ink quality combine to add an aura to words (at least, to words of sufficient weightiness as would stand on their own, in holographic space).

(This was a group dedicated to re-presenting Wise words for perusal by students in training to raise their personal 'alchemy' from the standard Murican lead towards tin.. silver? even Gold! - as an individual's perspicuity permitted.)

With fine-arts litho covers, some of these were bloody Gorgeous! (I mean.. an opus here and an opus there, and soon one has created an opera .. in fact rather than mere plural-ness.) Pity we've heavily abraded synergy, but that's the idea.

What minuti\ufffd I had collected about the steps has evanesced from disuse, but I retain some of the samples of what 10/10ths Attention to an octave of work, from concept to full execution -- looks like.

Those who confuse font with The Fonz know not what they miss; let us not awaken them - in event that beauty, overall, proves to be a zero-sum game.
(Gawd but Econ is so soo innately despicable, just like bookkeeping and the tabulators of all Things.)

Printer's 666
New It started with the execrable overhead projector
-drl
     Font Of Thee Week - (pwhysall) - (32)
         Re: Font Of Thee Week - (rcareaga)
         But it's sans-serif and therefore less readable. - (a6l6e6x) - (30)
             Nit - (drewk)
             Re: But it's sans-serif and therefore less readable. - (pwhysall) - (28)
                 Yeh, but. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                     Hey, free antialiasing! - (pwhysall)
                     ? - (deSitter) - (2)
                         I bet it's down to video memory - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Bingo! Old 2 MB card. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     Faulty article. - (static)
                 a few of my favorite fonts - (rcareaga) - (21)
                     What scares me is that I believe you are serious -NT - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                         Someone has too much time on his hands... -NT - (admin) - (17)
                             hey, punks... - (rcareaga) - (13)
                                 Re: hey, punks... - (admin) - (5)
                                     not just a job: a way of life - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                         All of that... - (admin)
                                         Additionally: - (admin) - (1)
                                             Now that's just begging ... okay, 'ICLRPD^2' (new thread) - (drewk)
                                         ICLRPD - (ben_tilly)
                                 Respect? - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                     Re: Respect? - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                         I bet he uses Comic Sans. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                         I gladly accept the label - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             Powerpoint and philistinism - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                 Re: Powerpoint and philistinism - (Ashton)
                                                 It started with the execrable overhead projector -NT - (deSitter)
                             Nope - (jake123) - (2)
                                 My $10 book suggestion... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Yeah it's true - (jake123)
                     Re: a few of my favorite fonts - (deSitter)
                     Mmm, Frutiger. - (pwhysall)

Don't touch that button!
108 ms