IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't bother taking anything on faith
If you want to be generous, mark it as an incident waiting for later confirmation or disproof. Don't make a big deal about it, but be very up front about how you'll react if you get direct evidence that he was lying.

Given past history, I'd be inclined right now to not be generous. That is I'd assume at this point that he's probably lying. It is up to you how you would react to that. If that assumption turns out to be bad, then you can apologize later.

My philosophy is that a trust that has been repeatedly broken should not be lightly given again.

Ben
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New Correction, "on faith till proved otherwise"
If you want to be generous, mark it as an incident waiting for later confirmation or disproof. Don't make a big deal about it, but be very up front about how you'll react if you get direct evidence that he was lying.

That's more or less what I did Ben, I told him as of now, I don't see proof, but if I do, I'm gonna be upset. I didn't make a big deal, I hope.

Given past history, I'd be inclined right now to not be generous. That is I'd assume at this point that he's probably lying. It is up to you how you would react to that. If that assumption turns out to be bad, then you can apologize later.

True, but I've been watching him post in the Yahoo group, and I've been watching him improve there and in mine. I also know he got terribly upset last night from my Ex-fiance, and that may have unbalanced him some. But there is real evidence out there that he is trying hard.

And I also feel kinda like I owe him a little, because he did warn me about my Ex's accusations.

My philosophy is that a trust that has been repeatedly broken should not be lightly given again.

And I agree. We haven't fixed the friendship Ben, as far as he is concerned, we still aren't "friends" in that sense, but we're still communicating, and obviously there is still a caring feeling on both sides, or he wouldn't have warned me last night.

Have a good day. :)

Brenda

Edit: corrected subject line

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 24, 2004, 01:25:58 PM EDT
     Damn this fucking swampland called Houston - (lincoln) - (51)
         Bra-fucking-vo - (drewk) - (45)
             Not so much a Flame - (lincoln) - (44)
                 Re: Not so much a Flame - (burningwheel_76) - (43)
                     Damn Noobs! - (ChrisR)
                     Let's do the time warp again! - (orion)
                     You signed up just so you could post that? - (drewk) - (40)
                         Please don't pick on the retards - (orion) - (39)
                             !?! - (altmann) - (8)
                                 ROFL ... and I don't say that lightly -NT - (drewk)
                                 This deservs to be another [Sign] ! (new thread) - (Arkadiy)
                                 Bwaahhaaahaaaa! -NT - (Silverlock)
                                 ROFL -NT - (deSitter)
                                 Took me a while. :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Great. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                     You must be a sloppy eater. - (broomberg) - (1)
                                         PEBKAC - he's just trying to hit the P -NT - (ben_tilly)
                             F. N. A. (new thread) - (FuManChu)
                             Stop being multiples again. - (folkert) - (28)
                                 Is it really him Greg? - (Nightowl)
                                 I'm sorry Greg - (Nightowl)
                                 Ban him - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     He turned me into a Newt -NT - (ChrisR)
                                     Be careful what you wish for... - (admin) - (1)
                                         Well, it's always me at least but OK point -NT - (deSitter)
                                 Re: Stop being multiples again. - (Nightowl) - (21)
                                     OT: What's IWT Yahoo? - (hnick) - (2)
                                         Re: OT: What's IWT Yahoo? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                             For Your Information (new thread) - (Nightowl)
                                     The reason I say... - (folkert) - (17)
                                         You think he has the 'skill' to do that? -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                                             Then tell me Steve... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                 precisely my point - (Steve Lowe)
                                         Okay, I'll ask John to help me analyze the data later - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                             You need to recite the Steve Martin incantation... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                 Hehehe! - (Nightowl)
                                             Re: Okay, I'll ask John to help me analyze the data later - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                 Yes, I have already done the request for the router tween - (folkert) - (4)
                                                     Thanks, please keep me posted with the results - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                         You know... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                             Thank you. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                             Will do - (Nightowl)
                                         Orion insists it isn't him - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                             Ultimately, it don't really matter - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                 Great suggestion, Chris - (Nightowl)
                                             Don't bother taking anything on faith - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                 Correction, "on faith till proved otherwise" - (Nightowl)
         ouch! sounds like a bummer, :( -NT - (boxley)
         I've seen that - (cforde) - (1)
             Last year... (new thread) - (pwhysall)
         10 points for a genuine flame - hope it sets trend :-) -NT - (dmarker)
         :) - (deSitter)

You say, "Williams, how can you get away with such political incorrectness?" It's easy. I'm a tenured professor, and I have diversified sources of income -- plus, I don't have much longer in this world.
82 ms