IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On the off chance you're legit
Scams like the one you link to prey on people new to the web. It's snake oil plus telemarketing, and all hidden behind a thick layer of anonymity. People hyping these scams frequently pose seemingly innocent questions to websites that have little or nothing to do with the product or service.

Combine that with the demographics of this site: no advertising budget, no high-profile periodical pointing to it, a fairly small circle of regulars who mostly know each other by name, very few new visitors who weren't pointed at the site by a regular ... And here you come creating an account solely to pose a seemingly innocent question about an obvious (to most of us) scam. What are we supposed to think?

If you really are so naiive as to not know it's a scam, than take this as a warning: don't believe everything you see online.

If you're the shill we believe you are, go try somewhere else. We're not buying.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Well (and politely) said, Drew!
Alex

"If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words." -- Philip K. Dick, US science fiction writer
     Need help on new invention - (bleedingheart) - (29)
         Vorsicht! SPAM! -NT - (jb4) - (21)
             Re: Vorsicht! SPAM! - (bleedingheart) - (20)
                 You tripped somebody's Bayesian filters. :) - (inthane-chan) - (19)
                     Re: You tripped somebody's Bayesian filters. :) - (bleedingheart) - (18)
                         Sure there is. - (admin) - (1)
                             And *you're* naiive if you think this thread isn't an ad -NT - (drewk)
                         It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride - (boxley) - (15)
                             The Internet, where the streets are paved with chewing gum -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                             Re: It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride - (bleedingheart) - (12)
                                 On the off chance you're legit - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Well (and politely) said, Drew! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Let me explain something about this place. - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                                     A further pointer: - (jb4) - (2)
                                         I've always thought number 4 needed a little more - (Silverlock)
                                         Re: A further pointer: - (deSitter)
                                     Re: Let me explain something about this place. - (bleedingheart) - (4)
                                         Fair enough. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             Agree. Both counts. -NT - (imric)
                                             Oh, and hello :) -NT - (pwhysall)
                                         what search terms did you use on google - (ChrisR)
                                 I was warning you about the site you linked to - (boxley)
         It looks cool enough. - (bepatient)
         Physicists! - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Whoot, whoot, whoot.... - (bepatient)
             The "Type II Superconductors"... - (admin)
         Don't wait. - (ChrisR)
         My $0.02. - (Another Scott)
         You fool! - (orion)

Courage is your greatest present need.
110 ms