IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sure there is.
The whole site is a blatant advertisement asking for people to invest in yet another cockamamie pseudo-tech scheme.

From the first page:
An empty boast? Perhaps. But what if is isn't? What if the most important scientific breakthrough of this new millennium is sitting on our workbench in our office and all it needs to become a reality is your faith and your funding?

If you say "no" now, will you be able to sleep at night when the next guy writes his name into the history books and you don't even rate a footnote? Will you be able to live with yourself?

We have the ambition, we have the technology, and we have the idea that will change everything. We just need the funding. That's where you come in.
Emphasis mine.

Note the second paragraph... this is a classic "don't wait too long, this opportunity will only be available for a short time" pressure sales tactic.

You're very naive if you don't think that site is a sales job.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New And *you're* naiive if you think this thread isn't an ad
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Need help on new invention - (bleedingheart) - (29)
         Vorsicht! SPAM! -NT - (jb4) - (21)
             Re: Vorsicht! SPAM! - (bleedingheart) - (20)
                 You tripped somebody's Bayesian filters. :) - (inthane-chan) - (19)
                     Re: You tripped somebody's Bayesian filters. :) - (bleedingheart) - (18)
                         Sure there is. - (admin) - (1)
                             And *you're* naiive if you think this thread isn't an ad -NT - (drewk)
                         It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride - (boxley) - (15)
                             The Internet, where the streets are paved with chewing gum -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                             Re: It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride - (bleedingheart) - (12)
                                 On the off chance you're legit - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Well (and politely) said, Drew! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Let me explain something about this place. - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                                     A further pointer: - (jb4) - (2)
                                         I've always thought number 4 needed a little more - (Silverlock)
                                         Re: A further pointer: - (deSitter)
                                     Re: Let me explain something about this place. - (bleedingheart) - (4)
                                         Fair enough. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             Agree. Both counts. -NT - (imric)
                                             Oh, and hello :) -NT - (pwhysall)
                                         what search terms did you use on google - (ChrisR)
                                 I was warning you about the site you linked to - (boxley)
         It looks cool enough. - (bepatient)
         Physicists! - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Whoot, whoot, whoot.... - (bepatient)
             The "Type II Superconductors"... - (admin)
         Don't wait. - (ChrisR)
         My $0.02. - (Another Scott)
         You fool! - (orion)

You know the French. The problem with them is that they have no word for entrepreneur.
96 ms