IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride
under the product description of how it works has been described as not good science. I think this is a cash gathering effort not an R&D effort.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New The Internet, where the streets are paved with chewing gum
-drl
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #174257 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=174257|ICLRPD]
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Re: It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride
you people are all very funny. not very welcome to newcomers?
New On the off chance you're legit
Scams like the one you link to prey on people new to the web. It's snake oil plus telemarketing, and all hidden behind a thick layer of anonymity. People hyping these scams frequently pose seemingly innocent questions to websites that have little or nothing to do with the product or service.

Combine that with the demographics of this site: no advertising budget, no high-profile periodical pointing to it, a fairly small circle of regulars who mostly know each other by name, very few new visitors who weren't pointed at the site by a regular ... And here you come creating an account solely to pose a seemingly innocent question about an obvious (to most of us) scam. What are we supposed to think?

If you really are so naiive as to not know it's a scam, than take this as a warning: don't believe everything you see online.

If you're the shill we believe you are, go try somewhere else. We're not buying.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Well (and politely) said, Drew!
Alex

"If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words." -- Philip K. Dick, US science fiction writer
New Let me explain something about this place.
We're not your average joes. Okay, there might be 1-2 idiots who hang around, but most of us have a brain, and we know how to use it. In other words, we think. We critique. We rip what looks like obvious stupidity to us apart with no mercy, because there's plenty of it out there, and we're about as sick of it as Tom Hanks is of coconuts.

Into this comes your first post. No prior history, no knowledge of who you are, and it's a link to a site (which I myself have not visited admittedly, but I am not critiquing the site itself) that purports to be pushing the "next big thing" - something which Cthulhu knows how many other websites are out there claiming the exact same thing, and looking for $ on the barrelstock.

If one of the oldtimers here did that, we'd take a look, and if it was indeed a valid site, we'd congradulate him on a good find and go about our merry way. If it was a scam, he'd need SPF 90,000 to survive the flaming.

Now, if we'd completely annihilate one of our own for posting a spam-like link to the board, how do you think (if you do) we'd react to somebody brand-new posting something that triggers every single "THIS IS A SCAM!" warning receptacle in our brains?

Think about it.

If you expected flowers and heralds, well, I suggest you try a Yahoo web board.
Powered by the Hammer of the Gods
Expand Edited by inthane-chan Sept. 14, 2004, 05:13:26 PM EDT
New A further pointer:
If you are here in good faith (and the jury is definitely out on that point) go [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/forum/show?forumid=5|here], and read the entire forum. This will get you acquainted with this brave new land you've visited, and how we comport ourselves. If you feel you can co-exist here, the we will welcome you with open arms. If not, bugger off, and don't bring that stuff 'round here again!

Simple enough?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New I've always thought number 4 needed a little more
Something along the lines of "We argue, get used to it."

Users may edit their own posts; administrators may do so to correct faulty HTML only. Edits are noted by date, time, and login name in the original message. A reason for the edit is customarily attached by the editor. You may view the edit history of a post as well, making it useless to attempt to change your stance retroactively. ;-)
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Re: A further pointer:
i.e. don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
-drl
New Re: Let me explain something about this place.
I just searched google for science message boards and foundthis one. I don't know much about science and was looking for some free advice. I'm not an idiot, just not science savvy.
New Fair enough.
The free advice is this: don't touch it with a bargepole.

Another bit: if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Agree. Both counts.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Oh, and hello :)

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New what search terms did you use on google
We don't register tat all for "Science Message Boards". We are down in the 300's for "Science Forums".

Anyone that asks for investment advice on the internet - especially from complete strangers - will likely not have much money to invest for long.
New I was warning you about the site you linked to
in case you were dumb enough to send them money. Not critiquing you personally.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Need help on new invention - (bleedingheart) - (29)
         Vorsicht! SPAM! -NT - (jb4) - (21)
             Re: Vorsicht! SPAM! - (bleedingheart) - (20)
                 You tripped somebody's Bayesian filters. :) - (inthane-chan) - (19)
                     Re: You tripped somebody's Bayesian filters. :) - (bleedingheart) - (18)
                         Sure there is. - (admin) - (1)
                             And *you're* naiive if you think this thread isn't an ad -NT - (drewk)
                         It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride - (boxley) - (15)
                             The Internet, where the streets are paved with chewing gum -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                             Re: It is spam, waiting to take you for a ride - (bleedingheart) - (12)
                                 On the off chance you're legit - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Well (and politely) said, Drew! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Let me explain something about this place. - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                                     A further pointer: - (jb4) - (2)
                                         I've always thought number 4 needed a little more - (Silverlock)
                                         Re: A further pointer: - (deSitter)
                                     Re: Let me explain something about this place. - (bleedingheart) - (4)
                                         Fair enough. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             Agree. Both counts. -NT - (imric)
                                             Oh, and hello :) -NT - (pwhysall)
                                         what search terms did you use on google - (ChrisR)
                                 I was warning you about the site you linked to - (boxley)
         It looks cool enough. - (bepatient)
         Physicists! - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Whoot, whoot, whoot.... - (bepatient)
             The "Type II Superconductors"... - (admin)
         Don't wait. - (ChrisR)
         My $0.02. - (Another Scott)
         You fool! - (orion)

Weapon of choice.
86 ms