IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh I beg to differ
A burning smell, smoke and loud clunk made me pull over to the side of the highway while driving dad's car...

Moments later it burst into flame.

Luckily I wasn't in it any more. Wish cars had such alarms!

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New He said 'smoke and burning smell,' nothing about a clunk
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Ah ok
So the clunk is what made it catch fire then? ;)

Hehehe!

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New certainly the clunk was at fault
a gas powered motor in an older car does not burn fuel efficiently giving off a buning smell. The rings get old so oil escapes into the cylinders an gets burned giving off white smoke, a clunk however means that the motor is now broken, and you can drive a car that is burst in flames, you just dont want to drive it much further than out of traffic. I have done so more than once.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New We never completely determined it
But the power steering pump was gong bad, (Dad had been told this and had not got around to having fixed it), and later it was determined by the firemen that the fire started at the power steering pump.

I guess I wasn't aware of old cars doing that burning smell/smoke thing, cause my old car has a new engine. :)

Nightowl >8#

New Smoke, smell, clunk, dead body in trunk...
..kept on steppin' (on it).

Speaking of dead body, how's this for wasted driving?

[link|http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/Nation/story/472EB4A03212537986256F000051AD82?OpenDocument&Headline=Police%3A+Drunken+man+drives+home+after+passenger+decapitated%3B&tetl=1|http://www.stltoday....pitated%3B&tetl=1]

He probably stuck his head out to puke, then the guy eased over thinking in his best drunken logic, "if I pull over he'll miss the door".

Can it be long until we see "Calvin headless" truck stickers?

"NO _EAR"
-drl
New that is funny as hell.
you imagine the speed he had to have been going to get a clean decap like that? Much less the sharp right turn effect, steering thru the bloodspatter on the windshield, his buddy doing the headless chicken tango beside him as he has another pull on his longneck.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: that is funny as hell.
A wino sitting there nursing a double shot of vodka shakes and shivers, staring into his glass at the galactic swirl of a trillion red cells dying in the ethanol.

- Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash.

The "another pull on his longneck" brought that to mind...
What will we do when we are Gods?
     Nikolai mysteriously overheating - (Nightowl) - (42)
         Rename it Reginald - (deSitter)
         Off hand, that seems to be pretty cool for a processor. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             It's not the Processor Temperature :) - (Nightowl)
         May have found the answer - (Nightowl) - (38)
             Ah was wrong about affects - (Nightowl) - (37)
                 Re: Ah was wrong about affects - (Steven A S) - (19)
                     Not sure about Hard Drives - (Nightowl) - (18)
                         best thing to do is throw that alarm thingy away - (boxley) - (12)
                             Well... - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 Here ya go - (deSitter)
                             rofl agreed - (deSitter) - (9)
                                 of course not - (boxley) - (8)
                                     Oh I beg to differ - (Nightowl) - (7)
                                         He said 'smoke and burning smell,' nothing about a clunk -NT - (drewk) - (6)
                                             Ah ok - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                 certainly the clunk was at fault - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     We never completely determined it - (Nightowl)
                                             Smoke, smell, clunk, dead body in trunk... - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                 that is funny as hell. - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Re: that is funny as hell. - (inthane-chan)
                         Re: Not sure about Hard Drives - (Steven A S) - (4)
                             Thanks - (Nightowl)
                             Okay, here is what I know about fans, etc. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                 Bizarre change - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                     Re: Bizarre change - (Steven A S)
                 Anyway, getting back to Nikolai... - (Nightowl) - (16)
                     you wont know until it breaks :-) -NT - (boxley)
                     Tried an experiment...shocked at the results - (Nightowl) - (14)
                         Processor usage - (deSitter) - (10)
                             Re: Processor usage - (Nightowl) - (9)
                                 Re: Processor usage - (deSitter) - (8)
                                     Re: Processor usage - (Nightowl) - (7)
                                         Re: Processor usage - (deSitter) - (6)
                                             Okay, I told him - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                 Re: Okay, I told him - (deSitter) - (4)
                                                     I see - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                         Don't know about that -NT - (deSitter)
                                                         Clean the crap off the leading edges of the fan blades. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                             Will do, Peter - (Nightowl)
                         You'd be surprised at what makes a CPU get hot. - (static) - (2)
                             2nd experiment, amazing results! - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 Real world physics intrude in our digital fancies - (Arkadiy)

It was April the 41st. Being a quadruple leapyear, I was driving in downtown Atlantis. My Barracuda was in the shop, so I was in a rented Stingray... and it was overheating.
80 ms