IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What Metro System would do Streetcars in 2004?
Only for nostalgic purposes. Places like San Fran.

Traffic moves way too fast and people either aren't smart enough to get out of the way or they have a "death wish".

Light rail with crossing arms and the whole nine yards. Seems to work fine in Dallas. If they try to go around the crossing arms then they have a death wish. Also, I like the grade separations on key intersections, so the train doesn't hold up us polluting drivers.

I would use the light rail, if it came by my work. But it doesn't even get close. One of my friends tried to commute from Arlington, TX to Carrollton, TX and it took 2 1/2 hours. Population density is high enough only along Central Expressway. Population density is high enough along the Dallas North Tollway, but they didn't plan for it, so it's too late now.

Glen

New Never mind....
I went back and reread the article.

THIS IS LIGHT RAIL. And the drivers are too stupid to respect the crossing arms. So, the Darwin effect kicks in. I'll see if we can get a law passed in Texas that prevents their families from suing the Metro Authority.

Glen
Expand Edited by gdaustin Aug. 11, 2004, 07:13:16 PM EDT
     Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (lincoln) - (11)
         But our Metro Link does it better - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (deSitter) - (2)
             Re: Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 Re: Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (deSitter)
         Trains & streetcars hitting cars - (lister) - (4)
             There was one down in Burbank, I believe . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             I thought in a no fault place your insurance rates would go - (boxley) - (2)
                 I haven't had a lot of claims experience - (lister) - (1)
                     hydro got privatized? Considering that its water power - (boxley)
         What Metro System would do Streetcars in 2004? - (gdaustin) - (1)
             Never mind.... - (gdaustin)

This results in serious pain.
73 ms