IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Trains & streetcars hitting cars
I've always been perplexed when that happens. Seems pretty obvious to avoid. STAY OFF THE TRACKS! Trains and streetcars usually travel in one direction, straight ahead. No swerving, no quick turns and slow braking. Uh hello drivers?! I was a witness to such a thing several years ago on Spadina here in Toronto. Streetcars run down the middle of the road. At the time cars could venture on to the tracks. One idiot woman in her minivan thought she could quickly do a u-turn and beat an oncoming streetcar. *SMUNCH* She wasn't seriously hurt but was whailing away. Didn't feel sorry for her at all. Probably tied up traffic for an hour or so. Hopefully her insurance skyrocketed and got charged.

Due to the number of such "accidents" ugly green poles were put up along most of the way to prevent cars making such turns. Later they were thankfully ditched for a raised concrete curb.

Idiots.

Then there was the recent moron who despite railway crossing signs blinking and blaring he left his van on the tracks while in traffic. Well guess what happened? Gee a train appeared and plowed into his van. He was unhurt but his wife and two year old kid had some injuried as they were on the passenger side of the van where it was hit. Had the wife been in the front seat she would likely have died. Yeah there were no barriers at the crossing but the lights and sounds including the train horn should be a tipoff that a train is coming. Even then when you see the train, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE VAN!
lister
New There was one down in Burbank, I believe . . .
. . about 30 years ago. Woman with a car full of kids was on the tracks when the gates came down. Didn't try to rush the gates or go around, she left the car there and tried to get the kids out. Didn't get them all out. Those gates are flimsy, on purpose, for a reason.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I thought in a no fault place your insurance rates would go
up as opposed to hers.
thanx,
bill
"delayed incessantly by people whose prevalent qualification was an excess of free-time" Philip Atkinson
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I haven't had a lot of claims experience
Despite having a no fault-esque system, if you do something stupid, especially either outrageously stupid or repeatedly stupid your insurance rates WILL go up. In fact you'll find yourself back in facility where you'll pay extortionate rates. As well as it should be for such cases as I've mentioned. If some fuckhead breaks into my car, where I live in a pretty good area, my rates shouldn't go up. That's the theory anyways. It's hard to tell since the insurance industry lost a great deal of money (supposedly) a few years ago in the stock market and are trying to make up for it off the public's backs. The insurance industry made a fairly healthy profit last year... There's been a very loud outcry for public insurance like what BC has or a hybrid where the basic insurance is government run and the frills are privately run. Competition works in some areas but not so well in others. I don't like the fact that insurance companies are trying to make a profit off my insurance payments. Same with our private electricity market. A collossal mistake that was by the Tories and now Liberals who are keeping things the same despite election promises otherwise...
lister
New hydro got privatized? Considering that its water power
and nuke (mostly) how could the finacing to privatise ever get down? huge discounts? sales to insiders?
thanx,
bill
"delayed incessantly by people whose prevalent qualification was an excess of free-time" Philip Atkinson
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (lincoln) - (11)
         But our Metro Link does it better - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (deSitter) - (2)
             Re: Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 Re: Houston's 'Streetcar Named Disaster' - (deSitter)
         Trains & streetcars hitting cars - (lister) - (4)
             There was one down in Burbank, I believe . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             I thought in a no fault place your insurance rates would go - (boxley) - (2)
                 I haven't had a lot of claims experience - (lister) - (1)
                     hydro got privatized? Considering that its water power - (boxley)
         What Metro System would do Streetcars in 2004? - (gdaustin) - (1)
             Never mind.... - (gdaustin)

Divide by zero
54 ms