IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Summary?
Can you give me a summary? I don't have access to the WSJ.
This group is an "arms length" defamation operation run by close friends of Karl Rove in Texas.
Kind of like a Republican version of MoveOn.org? (Sorry, couldn't resist)
The WSJ, being a strongly Republican leaning operation carries considerable credibility here.
Al Hunt leans strongly Republican?
New Re: Summary?
Can you give me a summary? I don't have access to the WSJ.
"They deride his Silver Star, which was pinned on him personally by the commander of U.S. Naval forces in Vietnam, Admiral Elmo Zumwalt; men in his boat say he saved their lives. The Bronze Star was awarded when Lt. John Kerry, wounded, ordered his boat back to pull Army Ranger Jim Rassmann out of the water. All the crewmates on that swift boat that day cite his courage, Yet a TV ad is running this week claiming it's untrue."

" . . . want you to believe he faked the first injury, figuring he could get two more Purple Hearts in those treacherous waters - getting wounded, mind you, not killed - and then get out."

"Just this week, when a Fox News commentator tried to goad Gen. Tommy Franks, the Bush Iraqui war commander, into attacking Mr. Kerry for those old assertions, this Vietnam veteran, to the consternation of his questioner, made clear that atrocities occurred in Vietnam."

Kind of like a Republican version of MoveOn.org? (Sorry, couldn't resist)
"This is being significantly funded and directed by Texas fat cats and political operatives who have more than a passing relationship with Bush political guru Karl Rove. These are some of the same people who surreptictiously smeared John McCain in the last election."

Al Hunt leans strongly Republican?
Well, he's done major writing for the American Enterprise Institute, a "conservative think tank" favored by Ronald Regan. On whole, the WSJ's editorial pages have traditionally been Republican leaning.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Wanna bet this will backfire on them...
[link|http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5612836/|MSNBC]
Hoffmann said none of the 13 veterans in the commercial served on Kerry\ufffds boat but rather were in other swiftboats within 50 yards of Kerry\ufffds. The group claims that there was no gunfire on the day Kerry pulled Rassmann from a muddy river in the Mekong Delta and that Kerry\ufffds arm was not wounded, as he has claimed.
That's an awful minor nitpick when everybody agreed he saved a guys life and pulled him out of the water. The ad makes it worse by making it sound like they think Kerry was lying about the whole incident. Not to smart.

Funny thing is, it was MacCain's own ad team that did the spots:
The ad, scheduled to air in a few markets in Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin, was produced by Stevens, Reed, Curcio and Potham, the same team that produced McCain\ufffds ads in 2000.

\ufffdI wish they hadn\ufffdt done it,\ufffd McCain said of his former advisers. \ufffdI don\ufffdt know if they knew all the facts.\ufffd

New It could
There is a chance that this will backfire if they try to hammer it to hard. The Bush AWOL story is as confirmed as it can get short of Bush admitting to it. Every time a Bush backer attacks Kerry's military history, they also bring Bush's military history into play.

Rove is really good at this sort of thing though. He knows that he can't play this up too much, nor would it be a good idea to hammer it too close to the election. Notice how careful Rove has been to do this second hand. Bush's campaign can not be directly tied to the ads, but I have no doubt that Rove had a hand in their creation.

Jay
New Re: It could
Reminds me of a pack of hyenas harassing a full-grown prime male lion while eating. The hyenas nip and circle and harass the lion just enough to piss it off into leaving the carcass for a split second, and then they win.

But, not this time. McCain has spoken. The media are not giving them a free ride. In any case, all the way back in March I had a little scene with an asshole REMF in my tavern, who claimed that Kerry "only got nicked". These people are going to believe whatever they want in any case.

-drl
New Bad analogy
In at least parts of Africa it's the hyenas that make the kills - then the lions move in and chase them off. Lions are big and strong enough to steal the property of others without fear of justice, so they are held in high regard by humans and the hard working hyenas are despised.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Right! :)
-drl
New Re: Summary?
I have the very strong feeling that this kind of open grousing about decorations is the worst kind of chickenshit maneuver that a serviceman can pull.

One of these cocksuckers was on cable news tonight - opposed by the very person Kerry fished from the water to win his Silver Star. The latter had a look in his eye that told the real story.
-drl
     Swift Boat Veterans for Truth - (johnu) - (61)
         You'll have to do better than that - (Silverlock) - (5)
             Miserable swine -NT - (deSitter)
             The media blitz has started... - (johnu) - (1)
                 G\ufffdbbels Said That First -NT - (Ashton)
             Where are you car 54? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 It was quite timely - (johnu)
         This group and it's story . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
             Summary? - (johnu) - (7)
                 Re: Summary? - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                     Wanna bet this will backfire on them... - (johnu) - (4)
                         It could - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                             Re: It could - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 Bad analogy - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Right! :) -NT - (deSitter)
                     Re: Summary? - (deSitter)
         McCain condems Swiftboats - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             He's very shrewd - (deSitter)
         Curiouser and curiouser - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
             And the hits keep on a'coming. - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                 If you continue reading... - (johnu) - (2)
                     And, if you read even farther . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Oooops - accidental double post - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Don't count your hits too soon. - (marlowe)
         It's too smarmy for my taste. - (Another Scott) - (36)
             Gutter Politics - (johnu) - (34)
                 Re: Gutter Politics - (deSitter) - (29)
                     Blatant Double Standard - (johnu) - (28)
                         Just starting to notice this, eh? ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
                         As someone who fails to see the double-standard... - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                             now now show me the ruling - (boxley) - (16)
                                 You know as well as I - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                                     Let me quote from the ruling - (boxley) - (14)
                                         As I said, the net effect was the same -NT - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                                             Actually. - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                 Nit: Your choice:Regardless or Irrespective. Not both. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Actually, not - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                     There were 2 rulings. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                         Timeout everyone. Thread starting with #17834. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             And I, respectfully, disagree - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                 Sorry. A preemptive strike based on faulty intelligence. :) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             I got a stars and bars that disagrees wit you -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Please recheck those facts - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                             Agree on several fronts. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                 I think that we've reached agreement -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                             without them the Florida Legislature had a large majority - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 You may well be right - (ben_tilly)
                         Re: Blatant Double Standard - (deSitter) - (8)
                             As determined by years of personal knowledge, yes? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 No, probably not........ best wait for mathematical proof. -NT - (Ashton)
                             Not hateful. Just sick. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 ROfl reminds me of skank and Bill - (boxley)
                                 I don't agree - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     And I bet he kicks his dog, too! -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         Re: And I bet he kicks his dog, too! - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Yep, remember - thought those prolly exaggeration. - (Ashton)
                 I was thinking along the lines of Jefferson vs Adams in 1800 - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Sounds like a MoveOn.org ad -NT - (johnu) - (1)
                         Karl. Rove. Alone___makes move-on look like the DAR. -NT - (Ashton)
                 Minor nit - (Simon_Jester)
             Nixon wasn't as good at manufacturing... - (jb4)
         Free Republic ties to SBVFT - (Silverlock)

My other car is a mini Volkswagon.
95 ms