IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gone but not forgotten
While I didn't agree with his economics theory, and some of the things he did, he did have my respect. I got to admit, he was a likable character, like he was an old friend of ours.

He just rode off into the sunset, like he said he would. Nothing more I can say.

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New Re: Gone but not forgotten
No, he didn't ride off into the fucking sunset you insufferable twit, he expired drooling, incontinent and unsentient. Jesus H. Christ, Norm, get a brain!
New Take a breath ferchrissakes.
Or is this "read everthing literally" day and I missed the damned memo?
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New ignore the californicators
remember to them he was guvner raygun who passed the first anti gun legislation when black folk toted their huntin rifles to the capitol.
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518

Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I'll claim them for once
Reagan completed the destruction of the office begun by Nixon. Oddly it was a Republican - Eisenhower - who warned about the dangers of the unholy marriage of military and industry. Reagan wiped his ass on this principle.

Result - since MILIND needs to consume fear and convert it into targets, when the targets are all taken we go looking for new targets. So we manufacture struggles like Vietnam and Iraq out of whole cloth, and wonder why things go wrong. Either that, or beat the shit out of Panama or Grenada. No Hilters are left to actually fight, and freedom is not at stake (unless you live here), so imaginary crises must be constantly stirred up to justify the spending. Who cares if the Bosnians and Serbs savage each other? It's just a body count.

Consequence - instead of cementing a relationship with the former Soviet Union and eastern bloc, we gloat - GLOAT - about how noble was our purpose and keep stirring shit everywhere instead of actually trying to make peace and freedom work.
-drl
New Not entirely so odd
The Civil Rights movement in the 60's took the Democrats away from their political roots, which was exploited by the Republicans starting with Nixon. The result over the following generation was almost a complete switch in the two parties.

Once this is understood, other odd things are then explained. Like why it is that lots of people who hate the North for the Civil War now vote for the party that lead the North into that war.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New missed memo
From what I've seen of your posts the past eighteen months, you've missed every single memo since 1980.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Love you too, sweetheart.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New <smoochies>
New "He expired drooling, incontinent and unsentient."
Just as he served as President.
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New This is just plain rude and uncivil.
I sure hope you feel better on your deathbed.

(Edit: read rcareaga post - I guess I should have been angry at him. Then again, to be angry at someone responding to Norm is a bit hard. Thus the shades of gray overtake us)
--

Buy high, sell sober.
Expand Edited by Arkadiy June 7, 2004, 10:53:18 AM EDT
New No gray.
It was uncivil. Period.

Not warranted. At all.

"Riding off into the sunset" is hollywood slang for kicking the bucket...I guess its just not highbrow enough to register with some...deciding on the more terse description.

New rcareaga. Norm. Uncivil.
What else is new?
--

Buy high, sell sober.
New Norm? s/Norm/Mikey
New The RC's reply was to Norm
RC is normally exquisitely civil. But something about Norm just makes him see red.
--

Buy high, sell sober.
New I'd missed that. Got it.
New what else would you expect from someone who thinks
Stalin was an agrarian reformer?
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518

New Stalin as agrarian reformer?
Oh, come now. You will search my utterances here in vain, mein Box, for any such characterization of the old monster.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New refering to mikey, not you :0

New Challenge: Find me saying something nice about Stalin.
And sarcasm doesn't count.
bcnu,
Mikem

New here
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=31340|http://z.iwethey.org...w?contentid=31340] where you surmise as one of his leutenants
thanx,
bill

New Reading for Comprehension 101.
"You can still find some apologists for Stalin who..."

is hardly an example.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Sorry. I forgot.
Nancy told him, "Tell them we're doing the best we can do." And he repeated the line exquisitely. :-p
bcnu,
Mikem

New IIRC...
It was, "We're doing everything we can."

Cheers,
Scott.
New Maybe you're OK with having your country destroyed
We're not.
-drl
New *** KUDOS ***
bcnu,
Mikem

New Among other things, it's being devoured by the lack of
civility.

And, reminding someone that his country was destroyed is just more of the same. Not that I give a damn - it was not _my_ country.
--

Buy high, sell sober.
New Not true
The right-wing cannot be appeased. Every real patriot despises these people. They are NOT America.
-drl
New A good standing reply to any post, I guess.
No brain work required.
--

Buy high, sell sober.
New Well...since Reagan was a Republican..
...and not a true Goldwater Republican (due to an out of control legislature and an understanding the the country actually does have a judeo-christian ethic)...Ross will have nothing nice to say in this thread.

Reagan's impact on this country cannot be understated. Even current Democrats recognize this.

Still, I don't expect alot of recognition of these facts from this crowd. Too busy trying to invent conspiricies.

New The facts speak for themselves
Government by illusion always fails.
-drl
New So that speaks for Clinton.
I thought we were on the gipper

New Worse than Reagan, tied with Bush 1
And yes, he also was a master illusionist. America at present has no effective government because the People are too stupid, lazy, and venal to give a shit about their history. All government, Dem and Repo, is cast in the illusionist mold - thanks to Reagan and his damnable ilk.
-drl
New From the UK...
...it looks like your past 4 presidents have been useless wankers of the first water, without exception.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New does margaret wank?
You lot seemed to keep electing her.
thanx,
bill

New We do?
Funny, that. I thought we elected a Labour government in 1997 (sheesh, only 7 years ago) which has maintained a decent economic record, a reasonable social justice record, and which has an irrational love of speed cameras.

You KEEP ELECTING fuckwits term in, term out; in fact, I'd go so far to say you've not had a president worthy of the name since Kennedy.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Johnson presided over civil rights
Nixon broke bread with china, Reagan assisted in the breakup of the USSR. Carter got the camp david accords going and yer right about the rest.
thanx.
bill

New ICLRPD
I thought we elected a Labour government in 1997 (sheesh, only 7 years ago) which has maintained a decent economic record, a reasonable social justice record, and which has an irrational love of speed cameras.

Damn the prohibition on political LRPDs. This one trancends politics, and deserves its rightful place...
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Blasted checkboxes.....**mumble**
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New You see? LRPD defends itself; enforces polito-prohibition!
New Who is underestimating it?
Did I above point out the he spent two superpowers out of existence?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Re: Even current Democrats recognize this.
Kerry will be paying a visit to Reagan Library this afternoon.
Alex

Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost. -- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher
New Well, we agree on this one thing:
Reagan's impact on this country cannot be understated. Even current Democrats recognize this.

Quite right. Sorta like the impact of a Mohammed Ali uppercut on Sonny Liston's jaw...
jb4

Gipper gone - (rcareaga) - (103)
         Let us celebrate one of his famous utterances, then: - (Ashton) - (1)
             My favorite, Reagan speaking in Berlin in 1987, is: - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Gipper gone - (deSitter)
         Unlike the other sentiments expressed - (boxley) - (32)
             An America full of hope and vision? - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Sure...Lots of Hope and Vision - (jb4) - (1)
                     Keep Kerry's wife out of it :) -NT - (boxley)
             Nice sentiments. - (bepatient) - (28)
                 Re: Nice sentiments. - (deSitter) - (26)
                     reagan did neither, it was clinton and bush that did both -NT - (boxley) - (25)
                         He created both trends - (deSitter)
                         Try some arithmetic. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                             But, the Soviet Union came apart at the seams because of him - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
                                 Not true - (deSitter) - (9)
                                     Not that some of what you say about SU wasn't true... - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                         We outspent them. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             And spent ourselves out of existence as well. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 jury still out.. -NT - (bepatient)
                                             A convenient fiction - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                 RIght. - (bepatient)
                                     Blah, blah. blah - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                         *applause* - (bepatient)
                                         Sorry bud, you weren't here - (deSitter)
                         How quickly you forget - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                             Nice try. - (bepatient) - (10)
                                 This is just false - (deSitter) - (4)
                                     Did you respond to the wrong post? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                         Oops - had both open - put this under beep "outspent" -NT - (deSitter)
                                         I gave you the pictures. -NT - (bepatient)
                                     It is a vast simplification. - (bepatient)
                                 I definitely made a mistake - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     Bounced around zero till the oil crisis - (bepatient)
                                     IIRC, we became a debtor nation in 1982. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Actually, trade deficits started before Carter. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     They bounced a bit early.... - (bepatient)
                 Nice to see... - (bepatient)
         Gone but not forgotten - (orion) - (42)
             Re: Gone but not forgotten - (rcareaga) - (41)
                 Take a breath ferchrissakes. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     ignore the californicators - (boxley) - (2)
                         I'll claim them for once - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Not entirely so odd - (ben_tilly)
                     missed memo - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         Love you too, sweetheart. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                             <smoochies> -NT - (rcareaga)
                 "He expired drooling, incontinent and unsentient." - (mmoffitt) - (33)
                     This is just plain rude and uncivil. - (Arkadiy) - (32)
                         No gray. - (bepatient) - (4)
                             rcareaga. Norm. Uncivil. - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                 Norm? s/Norm/Mikey -NT - (hnick) - (2)
                                     The RC's reply was to Norm - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                         I'd missed that. Got it. -NT - (hnick)
                         what else would you expect from someone who thinks - (boxley) - (5)
                             Stalin as agrarian reformer? - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                 refering to mikey, not you :0 -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Challenge: Find me saying something nice about Stalin. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         here - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Reading for Comprehension 101. - (mmoffitt)
                         Sorry. I forgot. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             IIRC... - (Another Scott)
                         Maybe you're OK with having your country destroyed - (deSitter) - (18)
                             *** KUDOS *** -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Among other things, it's being devoured by the lack of - (Arkadiy) - (16)
                                 Not true - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     A good standing reply to any post, I guess. - (Arkadiy)
                                 Well...since Reagan was a Republican.. - (bepatient) - (13)
                                     The facts speak for themselves - (deSitter) - (9)
                                         So that speaks for Clinton. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                             Worse than Reagan, tied with Bush 1 - (deSitter)
                                             From the UK... - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                 does margaret wank? - (boxley) - (5)
                                                     We do? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                         Johnson presided over civil rights - (boxley)
                                                         ICLRPD - (jb4) - (2)
                                                             Blasted checkboxes.....**mumble** -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                 You see? LRPD defends itself; enforces polito-prohibition! -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     Who is underestimating it? - (mmoffitt)
                                     Re: Even current Democrats recognize this. - (a6l6e6x)
                                     Well, we agree on this one thing: - (jb4)
         He's probably with Princess, uh, David.. um, Princess Diane. -NT - (Meerkat)
         Shrub speaks - (rcareaga) - (8)
             Re: "TIE-ran-ee." - (a6l6e6x)
             Somebody needs a hug. - (marlowe) - (6)
                 Image hosted by Angelfire. <- YUO = TEH SUKC. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     Er, Peter... - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         You fail. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Yup, we don't keep up with lusers. Nor do we care. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Clearly you do :) -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     No. I just haven't classified you as a luser. Yet. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         I often quote him - (broomberg) - (7)
             well having met you I can understand the lying - (boxley)
             Borrowed from the Russ, of course - (Ashton) - (5)
                 I disagree - (broomberg) - (4)
                     He was an emotional moron - (deSitter) - (3)
                         His first wife, - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Re: His first wife, - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 Checkout my Edit, above _____:-\ufffd - (Ashton)
         Re: Gipper gone - (inthane-chan)
         The Good, they do die young... -NT - (hnick)
         Tis only today I twigged. Ifn u'd said Teflon, Ida known who - (dmarker) - (2)
             Perhaps a bit TOO kindly... - (jb4) - (1)
                 ..perhaps on the new Rationing Stamps? -NT - (Ashton)
         Damning w/ faint praise, are we? -NT - (jb4)

Eiks tää vittun homma nyt riittää tästä päivästä?
360 ms