IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That is not what is deterring them.
What the hijackers on 9/11 had that will never exist again is the airline policy to accommodate hijackers. That's gone now forever and it isn't coming back.
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New But I think more than any airport vulnerabilities
-as always there will be-
As I heard suggested recently,

No longer will ANYONE believe, "we're hijacking this plane to [Cuba, Winnemucca ...]". Unless they have serious firepower and not just knives - nobody in an airplane anywhere in the world will ever again remain spam-in-a-can.

Memories (or imaginations will do as well) of the Pennsylvania crash will lend courage - swarm quickly and you might even get out alive.

So plugging THAT loophole over and over .. betrays the unimaginitive minds that an admin such as this one Would employ. Let's be "Conservative" and plan for the Last One.
New One major vulnerability remains.
Until we can transport ourselves to the airport in something less backward than an automobile, we remain in grave danger.

(I know, in the larger metro areas this is already possible, but in the even modestly rural areas, there is no alternative to late 19th/early 20th century technology [read: automobiles] for transportation).
bcnu,
Mikem

If you can read this, you are not the President.
New Re: One major vulnerability remains.
This is an excellent point. No reason you can't park far from the 'port and take a tram or some kind of people mover.
-drl
     'Ask the Pilot' re Terrorism, tweezers and terminal madness - (Ashton) - (18)
         NO, NO, NO! - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Imagine what a Cessna.. filled with - (Ashton) - (11)
                 Oh no! Not Weapons of Mass Dyspepsia! Ewww... -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                     Look, I ate something earlier - (jake123)
                 Scenario: "CESSNA USED BY TERRORISTS IN ATTACK" - (dmarker) - (8)
                     Well, there was one in Florida I believe . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         Tampa, FL; some gutter-press head-quarters, IIRC. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             1/2 right - (boxley)
                         I was thinking of Flor event but it seems there are many . - (dmarker) - (1)
                             Keep looking, you'll (unfortunately) find more like #3. - (mmoffitt)
                     There was one in italy, too, iirc - (jake123) - (1)
                         Yup, in Milan (see link above) -NT - (dmarker)
                     Just to be the Debbil's advocate... - (jb4)
         The search on the way to Florida and back was quite OK - (Arkadiy) - (4)
             That is not what is deterring them. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 But I think more than any airport vulnerabilities - (Ashton) - (2)
                     One major vulnerability remains. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Re: One major vulnerability remains. - (deSitter)

Hard science if ever there was.
51 ms