IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I asked you for those disks 2 years ago
and you said that several in your stash died of bit rot. Have you found a set that is still readable? I'd be very interested in having them copied to a CD. I'll even pay the postage to receive them.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New I have a CDROM of WfWG (v3.11)
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

Give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute.
Set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
New Heh. I got one of those too.
One of those little "credit card" size cd-roms. BTW, a little known fact is that WFW (Windows for Warehouses) had a registry. Click File -> Run -> regedit /s /v
I think it is and you actually see the "hives".
bcnu,
Mikem
New I just found a Zip disk that had them on it
email me at ngking at sbcglobal.net and I will burn a CD with the WFW install files on it. They are in directories as DISK1, DISK2, etc. The floppies I had, the originals went bad, but I recently discovered a Zip disk in my things that had them on it. It was an amazing discovery because I might acutally need them. I have not installed it yet, my Aunt wanted to wait until I got some free time from college.

If you got broadband I might put the files on a web server in a Zip file and you can download them and get them quicker. Then I will remove it once you downloaded it. 8 Disks, 11M in size before zipping. Should be quick on a DSL or Cable connection. I assume they can be copied to floppy disks and installed.

The VB 3.0 disks are really bad, so I have to run Disk Doctor on them to hope to repair them. I do not have a workable set, but some disks may be able to be recovered. Since two of the disks are unrecoverable or missing, I cannot install it. Maybe we can combine our disks into one set?

"What's the use of saving life when you see what you do with it?" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Expand Edited by orion April 28, 2004, 08:00:33 PM EDT
     Supporting older Windows - (orion) - (10)
         Got some vb3 disks around here somewhere - (ChrisR)
         If she's really junked and you want to set her up with new - (jake123) - (4)
             I could do that - (orion) - (3)
                 Re: I could do that - (jake123) - (1)
                     Thanks I did not know it was possible - (orion)
                 Norm, learn to say no! - (jbrabeck)
         I asked you for those disks 2 years ago - (lincoln) - (3)
             I have a CDROM of WfWG (v3.11) -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                 Heh. I got one of those too. - (mmoffitt)
             I just found a Zip disk that had them on it - (orion)

How convenient is that??
53 ms