IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: cable guy not in house, went to outside plug
Sounding ominous: fine-tooth comb - ya sure there is no RESET button anywhere?
With all electronic switching (as you know) one lousy bit can keep all the guns turned to nada; surely the computer could be in a funk. Maybe unplug IS the reset, and no doubt you've tried that.

Hate 'coincidences' - but no-video can come from so much now, besides actual video circitry, it's looking like scope time (and owners manual won't tell you shit about the schematic..)

Guess you've had a DVD signal in and cycled-blind the inputs.
(Trouble is - &^$&$ CPU - you may just Think you cycled those - 'cept if you hear the DVD's sound, well :(

Arrrggghhhh - when I think about all the micro crap in my car
See What Youse Guys Have Done to us all ?!

Luck, condolences

I.
New definately scope time, still under warranty
have to wait until next week for an svc tech, maybe Im in the wrong bidness
thanx,
bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Sorry to hear that
Hope you can see the Super Bowl somewhere else if it isn't fixed, (and if that's something you care about).

Did you ever find the receipt? Just curious.

Nightowl >8#

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." Timothy Bentley
New Went back to best buy who was kind enough to reprint reciept
I am TV poor. I have a 32 in, 27 inch, 19 and 13in AC/DC VCR Combo I will find something to watch the bowl on.
thanx,
bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

New Great! Best of luck with the TV DTs. :-)
New Ditto that!
I'm so glad you got another copy of the receipt.

Nightowl >8#

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." Timothy Bentley
New TV repair business
my father almost went into it. Found a shop that charged for repair work, the guy doing the repairs charged a lot and often put in parts that didn't need to be replaced in addition to ones that did. Sort of like an Automotive Garage that finds all you need is an air filter, but says you got to replace the carborator and the air filter. So my father decided to go to the phone company instead and went and installed computers used with the phone system.

I am sure that with your honest reputation, that you can get more business than a crooked TV repair shop. The only trick is getting the word out to people that you exist.

I doubt that repairs on electronics will be outsourced to India, takes too long to ship things out there. If it is needed to be done on-site or on the bench, you need someone local to do that.

I hope the shop doing the repairs is not crooked. I hope they give you a reasonable price. Good luck.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Norm, warranty means no cost to me
Gabriel Dupre

New Debateable
some parts may not be covered under warranty. I've been burned on that before. Also some parts are replaced free, but the labor to do so is not free. Depends on the warranty and who does the warranty repairs. Remember that Crooked TV repair shop I talked about? Charged for warranty work.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Halp on TV question - (boxley) - (27)
         List the jacks. - (FuManChu) - (1)
             can hook vcr or dreamcast in same slot no picture -NT - (boxley)
         Do you have the remote? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             not software :( - (boxley)
         Re: Halp on TV question - (deSitter) - (15)
             nope sound, black screen not lousy video, no video - (boxley) - (14)
                 Cable box - (Ashton) - (13)
                     cable guy not in house, went to outside plug - (boxley) - (12)
                         If you are getting a display on the TV menu - (orion) - (2)
                             nope, zero display of any kind, no menu - (boxley) - (1)
                                 TV set must be futzed up then - (orion)
                         Re: cable guy not in house, went to outside plug - (Ashton) - (8)
                             definately scope time, still under warranty - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Sorry to hear that - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     Went back to best buy who was kind enough to reprint reciept - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Great! Best of luck with the TV DTs. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Ditto that! - (Nightowl)
                                 TV repair business - (orion) - (2)
                                     Norm, warranty means no cost to me -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Debateable - (orion)
         Quick thing to try - (orion) - (1)
             no cable box attached, the cables are fine on other boxes - (boxley)
         Re: Halp on TV question - (qstephens) - (1)
             yep, the remote works fine. -NT - (boxley)
         resolved - (boxley) - (2)
             that's now they do it now - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Re: that's now they do it now - (deSitter)

I think its a fine solution to the problem that you probably shouldn't have.
92 ms