IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do you have the remote?
Sorry if you've checked all these things already. Just trying to be thorough. :-)

With the TV on, use the remote to control it. There should be a "Menu" button (or similar) that should bring up the controls for the TV. (It shouldn't care if there's any input at all to get the setup screen.) Alternatively, there should be a "TV/video" (or similar) button that lets you cycle between the various input ports. You might need to move it off channel 3 too.

I assume it's something simple like the TV's expecting input from the cable box that isn't there. It would be strange for the TV to fail exactly the same time as the cable leaves.

If you've got the manual for it, check that. :-) Samsung's web page ([link|http://www.samsungusa.com|http://www.samsungusa.com]) doesn't seem to have any info of use. Sams Photofact ([link|http://www.samswebsite.com|http://www.samswebsite.com]) doesn't have anything for it either (they have schematics and repair manuals for lots of stuff).

One final thing - perhaps the cable guy was too rough. Maybe he did something that caused the video input to become disconnected. If you can carefully remove the panel where the video input connectors are and check them you might get lucky. But I really think it's a setup/software configuration issue.

HTH. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New not software :(
I cycled thru all the connections by guess on the remote. There is no video of any kind on any connection. No menu's come up black screen. Opened the back and checked to see if the connections card was seated correctly on the bus. Seems fine. Called Samsung and found that they would authorize a house visit. Now all I have to do is find the receipt. Found every other receipt in the world and still have the other world to search. Ominous, I found the warranty card but not the receipt, those are uually together around here.
thanx,
bill
stick a spork in it.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Halp on TV question - (boxley) - (27)
         List the jacks. - (FuManChu) - (1)
             can hook vcr or dreamcast in same slot no picture -NT - (boxley)
         Do you have the remote? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             not software :( - (boxley)
         Re: Halp on TV question - (deSitter) - (15)
             nope sound, black screen not lousy video, no video - (boxley) - (14)
                 Cable box - (Ashton) - (13)
                     cable guy not in house, went to outside plug - (boxley) - (12)
                         If you are getting a display on the TV menu - (orion) - (2)
                             nope, zero display of any kind, no menu - (boxley) - (1)
                                 TV set must be futzed up then - (orion)
                         Re: cable guy not in house, went to outside plug - (Ashton) - (8)
                             definately scope time, still under warranty - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Sorry to hear that - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     Went back to best buy who was kind enough to reprint reciept - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Great! Best of luck with the TV DTs. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Ditto that! - (Nightowl)
                                 TV repair business - (orion) - (2)
                                     Norm, warranty means no cost to me -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Debateable - (orion)
         Quick thing to try - (orion) - (1)
             no cable box attached, the cables are fine on other boxes - (boxley)
         Re: Halp on TV question - (qstephens) - (1)
             yep, the remote works fine. -NT - (boxley)
         resolved - (boxley) - (2)
             that's now they do it now - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Re: that's now they do it now - (deSitter)

It was the internet of the day. It was delivered by Fiber Coptics.
54 ms