IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not so fast..
While I'm (now) well aware that Dell's service to businesses is reputed to be generally BS-free, if they are large enough -- nothing could be more the opposite re the non-business individual purchaser.

In principle I'm in agreement re debate about where Dell's sales-config responsibility ends; however - for them to instruct their script-reading droids to not even *mention* that there exist measures the customer may elect to employ -- smacks of the Far-Right's equivalent proscription {they hope} limiting an MDs even discussion of birth-control.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread too, the continued blind-in-bed M$/Dell axis - is selling into a milieu at least abetted by Michael Dell's spineless accommodation of such Crap-ware as Win-MErde, and leaving many in That lurch. As this rampant and accelerating adware scourge cripples more and more 'Doze machines: your sterile Yes/No re help.. just may create unintended new consequences for Michael and Billy -- as I certainly hope occurs.

(I'll have more to add whenever my friend's lawsuit reaches a judge. What I know from personal on-phone experience - is the artful and then merely odious scripted-Unhelpfulness of Dell phone 'support' and its next-level managers. The duplicity began from the day of her order -- and a delayed arrival of ~ 1 month -- lied about, weekly. I have heard enough live, to despise all who sail in her, and to suggest that no *individual* buy even a calendar from this Billy-style near--monopoly.)

Evidence abounds elsewhere too, that for the individual: Dell frequently does NOT honor even their extra-cost on-site warranty - via dissembling and bafflegab, some of which we have on (sound-part of) videtape of moi/Dell interactions.

OTOH, I would agree that some of their mechanical pieces are well conceived: to wit the handy trouble leds on those [Custom!] Dell mobos. Logic + those can tell one a lot. Etc. But mechanicals is Not enough - pity you can't hear some of the prescripted shit I have recorded from this creepy Corp's minions.)

(Nice that YMDV - but not Nice enough.)

Ashton

Fuck Dell.
New Re: Not so fast..
In principle I'm in agreement re debate about where Dell's sales-config responsibility ends; however - for them to instruct their script-reading droids to not even *mention* that there exist measures the customer may elect to employ -- smacks of the Far-Right's equivalent proscription {they hope} limiting an MDs even discussion of birth-control.

Ashton, AdAware and friends BREAKS COMPUTERS. Not often, mind, but that's no consolation when it's YOUR computer.
Dell cannot, should not and must not recommend software that might leave the user's computer in a worse state than it was before. And why the hell should they? They support what they ship.
As mentioned elsewhere in this thread too, the continued blind-in-bed M$/Dell axis - is selling into a milieu at least abetted by Michael Dell's spineless accommodation of such Crap-ware as Win-MErde, and leaving many in That lurch. As this rampant and accelerating adware scourge cripples more and more 'Doze machines: your sterile Yes/No re help.. just may create unintended new consequences for Michael and Billy -- as I certainly hope occurs.

One might say, of course, that users running Windows who blindly clicking "OK" on whatever dialogue boxes appear deserve everything they get.
Fuck Dell.

Well, that's nice and all, but I'm certain that Dell are no worse than the Taiwanese sweatshop owners who make the components. Once you're into big companies, they're all bastards. It just depends on how much of it you see. At least Dell do support their products, no matter how badly.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
     Dell To Customers: "We're not uninstalling your spyware". - (pwhysall) - (33)
         Re: Dell: "We're not uninstalling your spyware". - (andread) - (10)
             So.... - (pwhysall) - (8)
                 Re: So.... - (andread) - (7)
                     No, they're not. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                         Sorry to dissapoint you - (orion) - (5)
                             What crap? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 Re: What crap? - (andread) - (2)
                                     Re: What crap? - (Nightowl)
                                     Ignore - (pwhysall)
                                 I didn't install a thing - (orion)
             Just one more reason.... - (Nightowl)
         Customers to Dell, we are not buying our next computer - (orion) - (4)
             Balls. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 It is not a virus - (orion) - (2)
                     Blather. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         The definition is simple - (orion)
         Not so fast.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Re: Not so fast.. - (pwhysall)
         Running AdAware can cause TCP/IP to stop working - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
             Re: Running AdAware can cause TCP/IP to stop working - (andread) - (11)
                 That's nice. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     Gateway's solution. - (bepatient)
                     So's this - (andread) - (8)
                         So? - (pwhysall) - (7)
                             Conflict of interest - (orion) - (6)
                                 You're missing the point - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                     It still does not help the user - (orion) - (4)
                                         You may wish to think that through more carefully. - (hnick) - (1)
                                             I have had good luck so far - (orion)
                                         I'm sure that's fine with Dell. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             I am in full agreement with you - (orion)
             Care to share the scripts? - (FuManChu)
         I see the potential for confusion. - (static)

It's like an ee cummings poem written using only the usernames a website suggests when the one you want is taken.
93 ms