IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New W is simply trying to defuse future criticism.
But the idiots that believe the al-Qaeda link will miss this little tidbit. Bush will have it both ways.
Alex

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." -- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
New As one of those idiots...
I would like to make a distinction which is one that the major mejah sources are not - nor you. Cheney said that there existed links to Al Quaida, not 9/11 directly. In this context, the statements are consistent with what Bush et al are saying. Bush went on to say that he believes that there is no question about Hussein's links to terrorist groups including Al Quaida and Hamas.

There's no question in my mind that Hussein supported some Al Quaida members and other terrorist groups (including his own government). I guess that makes me an idiot.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Y. Islam - Father and Son
New There is no question that Saddam had links...
to the Palestinian terrorists. That has to do with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and remotely anything to do with the US.

Al Qaeda is a world-wide fundamentalist Muslim terrorist group and Iraq was secular. Indeed, Osama wanted to use his guys to protect Saudi Arabia from Saddam at the time of the first Gulf War.

[link|http://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/nat/newsnat-12feb2003-37.htm|Bin Laden calls Saddam 'infidel']. But, he's our infidel. :)
Alex

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." -- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
New Cheney did everything short of saying yes
Cheney didn't quite risk saying Saddam had a hand in the 9/11 attacks, but if you saw the show or read the [link|http://www.msnbc.com/news/966470.asp|transcript], you will see he did everything short of that.

Most of the reports quote the "No. I think it\ufffds not surprising that people make that connection." line because it's short. But Cheney went on for quite a bit talking about how Saddam and al-Qaeda where connected, and just barely acknowledged that there is no confirmation of most of that evidence.

The transcript as a whole makes for facinating reading. His answers are not like those of a typical politican, who answers questions other the ones asked. I'm left with the impression that he is more like the PHCEO. He is getting all his information from suckups that are telling him what he wants to hear out of fear, and thus he isn't even aware of any problems or mistakes in his strategy.

Jay
New To quote Cheney...

This Sunday on NBC\ufffds \ufffdMeet the Press,\ufffd Tim Russert asked Vice President Dick Cheney whether he was surprised by that 69 percent statistic.

\ufffdNo,\ufffd said Cheney, \ufffdI think it\ufffds not surprising that people make that connection.\ufffd
When Russert followed up and asked whether such a connection in fact existed, Cheney said: \ufffdWe don\ufffdt know.\ufffd

By any reasonable standard, that\ufffds a lie.
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/new?contentid=118139| Source ]

Technically speaking - we don't know that Cheney himself financed the 9/11 attacks and is using Bin Ladin as a scapegoat.

Bush distances from Cheney - (JayMehaffey) - (11)
         W is simply trying to defuse future criticism. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             As one of those idiots... - (screamer) - (3)
                 There is no question that Saddam had links... - (a6l6e6x)
                 Cheney did everything short of saying yes - (JayMehaffey)
                 To quote Cheney... - (Simon_Jester)
         Re: Cheney. - (mmoffitt)
         Pedalling-comma-back! - (jb4) - (2)
             They're already trying to argue that. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 Forget about the right-wing pundits - (jb4)
         I think David Horsey has got the long and short of it. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             ..or Rock:_____ _Wun and wun and wun is three_ -NT - (Ashton)

Hey, it's a hard day's work in the pits of Minas Morgul, orking cows all day...
42 ms