IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New fried curried bananas
sounds good except fore the coconut milk (I dont like coconut) would replace that with buttermilk.
Had something good in Georgia the other day.
Take a corn cob, cut in half, dip in a slightly sweet batter then deep fry that sucker. Serve along side of Jimbo's pit pig ribs and turnip green and skillet beans. It is a 7 hr drive but I will make it again sometime.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Just use less curry then
I only used the coconut milk in order for its sweetness to counteract the fact that I'd used (by mistrake) waaaay too much curry, and using sugar (if I even had any, can't recall any more) would have felt like "cheating".

Originally[*], the dish doesn't have any milk at all, coconut- or other. If you use a "reasonable" amount of curry, the natural sweetness of the bananas themselves balances it out quite nicely.

Thanks for the vote of confidence -- you seem to be the first (besides me) to think it sounds good!

Cut the corn cob in half length-wise or across? (Or, is it even really necessary at all?)

[*] To me, this is an age-old recipe; my Mutti fed me and my sisters this since at least the mid-seventies. I always assumed she'd picked it up from somewhere, but since absolutely nobody seems to have ever heard of it before, perhaps it was an original Mutti Conrad invention.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New my favorite use for curry
is to mix it with hellmans mayonaise to dip meat into. Beats the heck out of catsup.
thanx,
bill
New The German "Currywurst"...
...is -- or at least was, in the eighties when I last checked -- a favourite at "Imbiss"es (Hot dog stands) across the country. It consists of a Bratwurst (usually sliced IIRC), and lots of curry powder mixed into... Ketchup! (Or however one wants to spell it.) Never any big fave of mine, but my kid sisters loved it.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New when making one type of sausage I use a lot of curry,
coriander, fennel and anise seeds, makes a nicely flavored sausage.
thanx,
bill
New "If you can eat it, we can fry it."
There was a fried veggies stand at an air show a few years ago. They had fried onions, fried mushrooms, fried pickles, fried ... waitaminnit. Fried pickles? Yep. Pretty good, too. They had the slogan (from the subject) on their sign. Someone asked if they fried pickles. They hadn't before, but went to a local grocery store and got a big jar of deli-style dills. Battered, deep fried, yumm. I didn't see corn on their menu, but it seems reasonable.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
     Recipe review - (pwhysall) - (26)
         Re: Recipe review - (CRConrad) - (14)
             Hmmm... - (Yendor) - (7)
                 I think you're missing the point here... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                     Serving with ice cream... would make them... - (admin) - (1)
                         gr\ufffdde, perhaps?_________or Argentina? -NT - (ashton2)
                     Gelato != ice cream - (Yendor) - (3)
                         As always, the difference boils down to semantics. - (CRConrad)
                         Gelato = ice cream in Italian - (GBert) - (1)
                             Ice Cream, ice cream and Ice cream. - (static)
             fried curried bananas - (boxley) - (5)
                 Just use less curry then - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     my favorite use for curry - (boxley) - (2)
                         The German "Currywurst"... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             when making one type of sausage I use a lot of curry, - (boxley)
                     "If you can eat it, we can fry it." - (drewk)
         Which curry? - (dpeterson) - (10)
             milk turd brown (mild)-m -NT - (boxley)
             Yeah, what's called "Curry" (=just plain), up here... - (CRConrad) - (8)
                 Gave it a try... - (dpeterson) - (7)
                     Not necessarily supposed to "mix", exactly... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                         so it is not fried curried banana patties? - (boxley) - (5)
                             Not originally, no -- but, hey... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                 well banana scrambled eggs are good, add curry. -m -NT - (boxley)
                                 OT how many hrs -zulu are you timezone wise? -m -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     +2. Y? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         -5 so yer 7hrs ahead. thanx -NT - (boxley)

Here we have a game that combines the charm of a Pentagon briefing with the excitement of double-entry bookkeeping. I don't get it.
103 ms