[link|http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=208702| My bug] report & followup.

I mentioned the alacrity (!) - a first comment within ~8 MINUTES.
While I haven't yet done enough sleuthing to see the relevance of the file I renamed, cookies.perm.txt - it's clear that the phenom ceased after I did that. (Thanks to hint from above re 'legacy stuff brought forward') Dunno what other effects might occur but,

Today a Moz crash occurred, a couple moves after I'd saved a message to the [same site!] at Yahoo re car techno stuff (my car!). Just want to comment here upon the intelligence of the Moz approach IMhO and suggest everyone leave this feature active -- because if it doesn't piss Me off, it's gotta be Good!

The menu that popped up [behind the Error box] explained perzackly what Moz requested, and with an exhaustive menu of the data they seek from my machine, >what they will Not do with it< etc. This plus space to indicate what I was doing & where. It was good enough for me, so I let firewall send it - noting Catch 22.V.2:

Without launching Moz again, I could neither copy & paste the exact link, nor even access Mail to give [possibly related] Moz Bug Report addy!
(That is, as everyone Knows by now: ANY crash in Doze is grounds for a reboot after saving whatever one can. Had I relaunched Moz? perhaps the bug report itself would have entered into full-BSOD limbo. Yada yada.)

So I gave a close enough description of the URL and activity and mentioned the bug report under my E-mail addy.

OK, obv everyone here is quite familiar with the etiquette for brief and accurate bug reports, beginning with KISS. I just want to observe that, Moz's method and execution seems to me rilly Good. It aids in KISS, but also hints for the unwashed, what is most relevant. I don't mind investing some time, when the process is as smart as this one (and the stakes are: My Own fscking browser of choice! which I'd like to see Perfected.. er, close)

I think this means that: even newbies out there ought also to leave this feature active; just follow Mickey's Big Hand, and little personal deep thought is demanded. I shall so proselytize, among those I turn-on to Moz VS Beastware.

Ashton