IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The keyboard handling's much better than earlier too.
You've tried Ctrl-T (open a new tab) Ctrl-Tab (cycle between tabs)? 1.4 claims to let you define the default URL for a new tab (1.3 - that I'm using doesn't have that). You've noticed that just typing a letter (when the URL bar doesn't have the focus) highlights a link with that letter in it? Keyboard navigation is approaching Lynx-like functionality, and that's a very good thing. :-)

There are lots and lots of great things about Mozilla (some borrowed from Opera and elsewhere). I agree it'll be a terrible loss if AOLTW kills the Netscape group. It's another indication of the power of OpenSource that even though it'll be a huge loss, the product will continue on and be expandable and fixable by others.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Let no good deed go unpunished..
..like a premature starry-eyed Review?
{sigh}

So.. after writing this p\ufffdan to Moz, I attempt to log onto a Yahoo tech forum and,

"Your browser won't accept our cookie" yada

Step-by-step.. end up naked (except firewall!) / No Filters ie. direct web connection and still "ditto".

Look up Bugzilla list for 1.4rc1 No cookie reports.
I file my first Bugzilla Report.
(An excellent lead-by-hand tutorial, BTW - newbie friendly w/o maudlin condescension OR compressed-TLAs)
(I first killed rc1 and ran 1.30 - cookies no problem. Nuked cache (yes, aware of what That can contain re such troubleshooting oddities). Run 1.4rc1: same deal.)

~ 8 minutes later! get a reply from the 'assigned' person mentioning.. what I guess is relevant news here for all interested in this release:
------- Additional Comments From xxxxx@spamcop.net 2003-06-08 03:54 -------
Reporter, can you

a) Check if you accept all cookies (under Privacy & Security->Cookies) ? And check that you allow Javascript to read cookies (under Advanced->Scripts & Plugins) ? Mozilla 1.4 is using PP3P now ('Privacy Settings'), which make it more complicated to see what's going on.

b) generate a cookie log if you're still having trouble - this might help locate the problem. See [link|http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=193951#c1|http://bugzilla.mozi....cgi?id=193951#c1] for instructions

c) try a fresh profile to make sure there aren't any legacy prefs that've been
carried over (yes, it does happen)
Omigawd - now there is a PP#P to grok. Well, time to review "command line shells in Doze", I suppose, re generating the cookie log. The "cmd" ref in this link is hardly the syntax for the task. No joy in the Advanced/Scripts & Plugins, either - and of course, "accept All Cookies" was indeed the setting checked, in both slots.

Right after I deinstall the sucker, reinstall in new Profile and test. Read Moz notes on Uninstall method preferred. Hmm it seems that there are Lots of *replacements* for the Doze shell facility, out there: I guess the built-in one is down to the Usual Standards. But it's only fair to meet such alacrity from the Moz mob with a decent side foray into screwing with the machinery. Oh well.

Ain't logic fun?

Ashton

New Life is Good when.. your first Easter Egg
hatches!

Thanks to the fine clue in the last sentence of the IncrediblyFast responder:

I looked up the various config files' locales under Release notes. Fired up X-Pad (the neat Radsoft replacement for brain-dead Notepad: which displays properly formatted cookie files, among other things). Looked at dates on some of these and zeroed in on a file, cook.perm.txt which seemed to contain some rilly-old bad ju-ju - if not exactly a smoking Dubya.

Renamed the sucker. Killed 1.4. Started 1.4: Yahoo happy!
{sigh} ... so far. Save nuking a Profile with whateverTF-else might have gotten nuked too, long since forgotten; Uninstall, Reinstall. Lazy.

Will send note to My Bug after a few more trials. Thanked Mr. Speedy. If I didn't know better, I'd almost imagine self competent :-\ufffd [Hah] Spelled l-u-c-

Ashton
New I tried the OS/2 version . .
. . of 1.4rc1 and found it too buggy to use - I actually had to push the reset button to restart OS/2 once. I've gone back to 1.3b which works just fine (I suppose there's a 1.3 without the b(eta) by now).
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Moz justs get better n'better.. - (Ashton) - (20)
         The keyboard handling's much better than earlier too. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Let no good deed go unpunished.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Life is Good when.. your first Easter Egg - (Ashton)
                 I tried the OS/2 version . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         On Mozilla bug reports and auto-features. - (Ashton)
         Moz 1.4 RC1 for Windows blew up on my 98 box - (orion) - (14)
             Fine: do yer duty - help the stats: - (Ashton) - (12)
                 I've done what I could - (orion) - (11)
                     Did you file a bug? - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         Re: Did you file a bug? - (orion) - (9)
                             Re: Did you file a bug? - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                 It got fixed - (orion) - (7)
                                     Ummm... - (Ashton) - (6)
                                         Memory thing - (orion) - (5)
                                             Epiphany does that. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 Curse You Red Barren - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                     When I get Linux installed I wll look at that - (orion) - (2)
                                                         Hah. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             Talking about - (orion)
             Re: Moz 1.4 RC2 working fine now - (orion)

Put. The candle. Back!
63 ms