IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Speaking of advocacy...
...thought you might enjoy the results of the [link|http://dada.perl.it/shootout/craps.html|Win32 Language Shootout]. :-)
New Reality Null Pointer Exception
The test scenarios they used are a bit distant from reality of typical applications, at least the kind I do.

Here are some of the examples they tested: Fibonacci Numbers, Heapsort, Matrix Multiplication, Reverse a File, Word Frequency Count

This is what happens when you countract stuff out to university professors divorced from the real world. This gets my Ivory Looser Award.
New No, it would be a FIST interpreter
[link|http://www.geocities.com/tablizer/L.htm#fist|http://www.geocities...blizer/L.htm#fist] (bottom of page)

L would then be built on top of FIST. FIST is far simpler syntactically than L.
...since they had a few inefficiencies (and at least one potential memory-eating bug (that occurs twice)) in their "TTogle" code. Who the heck wrote this code? Not a Delphi developer, that's for sure...

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Best way to learn a language
Is put some stuff out there and have others critique it. The original language shootout required a free compiler and was done by Doug Bagley. This one is by Isaac Gouy (at least that's who I think it is) where he brought in some of the money compilers (VC, Delphi, etc) and restricted it to Windows.

The quality of the code is uneven. Some of the code, like Mercury and Lua, was written by the people that wrote the languages meaning it's heavily optimized. Other code is just people trying to learn a new language - not always getting it right.
     Jay, we can finally settle this orthogonal thing - (tablizer) - (36)
         Jay's not been around for a while - (ChrisR) - (1)
             EZboard is sloooooow. Shoulda used a RDBMS :-P -NT - (tablizer)
         "OO has a fund-I-mental...", eh? - (CRConrad) - (31)
             Speaking of advocacy... - (ChrisR) - (5)
                 Reality Null Pointer Exception - (tablizer) - (2)
                     When you post a working L Compiler... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         No, it would be a FIST interpreter - (tablizer)
                 Yup, I did. But I'm a little surprised it did so well... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Best way to learn a language - (ChrisR)
             I did NOT say it was "proof", Spellboy! -NT - (tablizer) - (24)
                 Judging from your tone, you sure tried to imply it. - (CRConrad) - (23)
                     Always seeing "implied" conspiracies [flame warning] - (tablizer) - (22)
                         Consider it an IQ test. - (pwhysall) - (21)
                             Einstein was dislexic. He'd fail too -NT - (tablizer) - (20)
                                 Aha. Ahahaha. Ahahahahahaha. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     No, I did not. - (tablizer)
                                 No, he wasn't - (deSitter) - (17)
                                     Debatable - (tablizer) - (15)
                                         Communication's such a worthless skill. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                             "communication" is not the problem - (tablizer) - (3)
                                                 Whatever. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                     I was going to suggest... - (kmself)
                                                     99.99% versus 100% when there are bigger factors to fry - (tablizer)
                                         Are you stupid? - (deSitter) - (9)
                                             and you are an Idiot-Pedant - (tablizer) - (8)
                                                 The Yugo runs even on crappy gasoline, too. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                     English is "precision machinery"? Bwaaaa ha haaa haa -NT - (tablizer) - (2)
                                                         In the hands of a skilled craftsman, yes. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                         In this analogy it is *the gas*; the *input* to the process. (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                                                 Re: and you are an Idiot-Pedant - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                     I didnt know he was gay and besides - (boxley) - (2)
                                                         Re: I didnt know he was gay and besides - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                             with - (boxley)
                                     And his insight was not limited to 'science' either - - (Ashton)
         Uh-ho. Bryce discovered C2 wiki. Some fingers will be sore. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             I have been on c2 for years, just not as heavily -NT - (tablizer)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory!
58 ms