IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New AS best as I can determine

M fits certain clinical definitions of behavior that got fought over in this very forum a few weeks back.

But what I find M does for me, is to remind me that such people really do exist, and are not pretending, are willing to stand up naked before the world to argue how fine their clothes are, and who clearly believe all what 'spew' forth. Kind of an eternal vomiting.

One must live such a wonderful life knowing that God truly is on one's side & is proud of the work one does in the cause of righteousness & justice. And knowing that the others around one are nearly all empty spectres with no insights.

I wonder if there is a medical condition called 'raptures of the deep' that relates to depth submersed in the air rather than in water ? - could be the basis for a medical paper. We have the study candidate.

Doug M

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
New 'Causality' appears to be among our larger misperceptions
That is - beyond a contrived 'two-body problem' in physics, say - it is a chimera and, like the comment of Einstein -
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
most often the combination of known/unknown/mis-weighted effects is simply astronomical: for the seeming simplest 'result'. And when talking of the soft-as-cheese arts of Psych (!) IMhO Jung had the idea of scale pretty well down. The others simply had intricately embroidered models and a gift for gab. Everybody's gotta have his own pet model yada. Gets tenure. Then Power.

So as to 'what makes a marlowe' / My Gramma -?- it's usually an unproductive bug-hunt. The ever-popular 'lackofselfesteem' early on? A peculiar knack for pissing off one's peers from the first? [buried resentment forever] Or simply -- YAN of the countless ways in which fear manifests, is rationalized away (blame all those Others, the untermensch) -- then one seeks out the faux-comfort of other fearful==angry ones. Columbine, anyone? Hypatia died from a similar mob.

As to this specimen's current flavour of expanding megalomania? EZ: The Yahoos are currently at the trigger; his little band of brooders - being literal, thinks only of 'Winning'. With guns, natch. [Hell: Take It All!] Being ignorant (and actively resistant to alleviation): confuses a shoo-in Victory of Godzilla over Bambi with.. Righteousness.

So of course, such a juvenile must gloat over this God-given Sign of farRightfulness. Invoking the broodership's comforting faux presence - now he can lecture us all upon the foolishness of trying to resist his mob of moral marauders.

Hey, kids do this crap all the time - part of the symbolic killing off of the parents, remember? Those pesky adults.. insisting upon repecting others, not just your own little clique; tryin to instill a certain empathy for the less fortunate, and all. Hah! The Nike-Eloi are into Just Do It (and all those cute diss-slogans, wherein everybody Else is some kinda nigger.)

WTF - our very own Abnormal Psych experiment, and we don't even have to pay the model for posing!

Good Capitalist Deal, no?

Ashton
New Still open to discussion
..but your point is well-taken.

We really don't know if causality is wrong. Even QFT has a built-in form of causality, in the form of commutators of fields at spacelike separation.
-drl
New Physicswise
I've tended to the comparison with (whatever we think we know about) the 'Arrow of Time'. It seems as reasonable as it is intuitive [Yeah.. I know..] that causality is at least as useful an idea as are Newton's laws.. for mere astrophysical navigation, nearby.

But we are speaking here of the axiomatic closed-System, aren't we? Physics must deal with at least some umm encapsulation.. into a field of references. I doubt that we disagree at this level -- except that you know much more about the entire topic than I (!) (Yes, I think I sorta grokked some of your what-ifs a while back.. re "conservation of energy" -- and what we might suppose next, if we supended that a little bit.)

Where I find causality to interfere with proper reasoning (and esp. Reasoning) - is when we attempt to apply it to human events, all of which actually take place within the individual or collective wetware. There is no possibility of circumscribing That 'field of reference'. IMhO. Maybe above is a prime example: "the 'cause' of criminal mentation" / or criminally inhuman mentation? say. A most unsatisfying pursuit.

Ashton
     Cox & Forkum: UN rotten - (marlowe) - (17)
         {Yawn} Impeach Earl Warren! / US out of UN! / {awk} {awk} -NT - (Ashton)
         Sames ta you - (tangaroa) - (15)
             [cackle]____tit for twit -NT - (Ashton)
             Ah, the trusty old tu quoque slander. - (marlowe) - (13)
                 You keep repeating that... - (inthane-chan)
                 "Truth is on my side" - an exact equivalent of, - (Ashton)
                 It ain't slander if it's true - (tangaroa) - (10)
                     Only on your planet. - (marlowe) - (9)
                         Mobs + torches + marlowe - Dante's 11th Level. - (Ashton)
                         Is m's bipolar cycle on the ->grandeur arc? - (rcareaga) - (5)
                             Re: Is m's bipolar cycle on the ->grandeur arc? - (deSitter)
                             AS best as I can determine - (dmarker) - (3)
                                 'Causality' appears to be among our larger misperceptions - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Still open to discussion - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Physicswise - (Ashton)
                         What fucking delusion is this you're living under, exactly?? - (CRConrad)
                         A word from your sponsor: - (a6l6e6x)

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this Web page, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.
54 ms