IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New dont equate taliban and bin laden
The Taliban's refusal to hand over bin laden is very in character for the Afgans, it would be a major detriment to hand over someone who asked for your protection to live in your home(country). Remember to the story of Job who stayed in a house and strangers demanded he be given up. The owners of tthe house he was staying in refused. (the rest of the story is immaterial.) These folks are old testament +. Let us not equate their refusal to hand him over with agreement to his actions. You might very well have to kill all the taliban to get bin laden, as it is a matter of honor for them.
Hey Mike I have an inkling of how you must feel but if those Afgani's did that and you went to the taliban at this date, gave them the police report, they would be stoned to death I kid you not. I have spent time among some of these folks in my yout
and their view of the world is not a whole lot different from the ancient Jewish Patriarchs with the concept of mercy conveniently overlooked.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New I am ignorant.
The mugging I mentioned absolutely could not have been at the hands of anyone associated with the Taliban. It happened when I was 9 and my family and I were in Moscow. 3 Afghan diplomats befriended my dad. My dad told my mom, brother and me to wait for him and the 3 Afghanis at the restaurant inside the hotel. When it took longer than expected for my dad and his 'guests' to show up, I ran up the stairs to our room to look for him. Finding only the empty hotel room, I went - purely by chance - another way. I heard my dad screaming, "You gonna take my watch, you bastards? Like hell you are!" and some scuffling behind another room's door (aparently the Afghani's door). I banged on the door to no avail, then ran downstairs and hollered (in almost perfect Russian, mind you) to the KGB agents assigned to follow us, "Help! My father is an American and he is in trouble! Follow me!" (Aside: I'd tried to convince my mom at the restaurant of my dad's plight, but she insisted I must have misunderstood. That's when I jumped up on the table and began yelling at the KGB agents - they followed us everywhere and stuck out like a sore thumb). The KGB followed me and rescued my dad. All this happened in 1969, well before Osama, or the Taliban existed. I mentioned it in my original post only to underscore that my judgement was completely clouded with personal andecdotes of real or perceived wrongs.

Thanks Bill,
Mikem
New As soon as the Taliban hand over bin Laden...
the equation will be greatly altered in their favor.

They really should be more choosy about the company they keep.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New You've heard what the custom is re 'guests'
Especially a 'guest' who almost single-handedly paid for your move from Pakistan, (they came from there!) to take over the "government" of Afghanistan.

As to friends they keep - they are as amenable to your suggestion as is Jerry Foulwell amenable to say, 'ceasing the Jihad on gays', the sub-rosa message: They are evil. Kill 'em. God would. And I speak for Her.

I doubt that it would be possible for a Westerner to get the time of day from this group of young ignorant Nazis, more sadistic than most Nazis: they've already decided: Bomb us. It's part of the plan.

I think.. we're already too smart to make the existing rubble bounce one more time. I don't think we'll see bin L. handed over to anyone. Best get used to frustration - beats stupidity.

A.
New A plausible scenario
They get their big Islamic cleric get-together. They mull things over for a few days. Then they say, "Okay, we'll hand him over. OOOPS! We can't find him, he must have left the country."

They've done that ploy before in 1998. Now whether or not he actually does leave the country is almost immaterial - all they have to do is claim they don't know where he is. And (strictly speaking) they'd probably be telling the literal truth, even if they did know he was still in the country somewhere.
Rest in peace, Jeremy, Mark, Thomas, and whoever else who helped overpower the hijackers on Flight 93.
New The don't-know-where-he-is dodge only works if we let it.
Tell `em they'd damn well better find him fast. Make it their problem.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New Who cares where 'he' is
Like a weed, lopping of just the top is not much good. If you want to get rid of thr problem you have to burn it down to the roots. You burn the roots, eventually you'll get the head as course
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Yes, 'Fundament-al' problem with such an obsession is:
Suppose he's the epitome of psychologist - especially about Murican repetitive behavior. Suppose he takes his 'Beliefs' reeel Fundament-ally, as so many do, there AND here:

Goes to secret cave alone. Kills self (goes directly to the seraglio of 70, in the Sky). Taleban et all run around frantically.. *Really Trying* to find him (say). Can't. Say they can't!

We say: Suuuure you "Can't.."

Well... ???

A.
     Most Terrible Enemy. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
         Polarization - (gdaustin)
         The enemy of our enemy is not our friend. - (marlowe) - (9)
             The gravest mistake of the '60s peace movement . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                 I came of age in the immediate aftermath of that. - (marlowe)
                 But we must all remember... - (mmoffitt)
                 Why just the sixties? - (Ashton) - (5)
                     It was all a lie, Ashton. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Exaggeration. - (Ashton) - (3)
                             I remain dubious. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Many were very serious - and some still are. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 An original explanation! and maybe, pretty good :-\ufffd - (Ashton)
         perhaps it worked - (tablizer) - (3)
             It Worked - (gdaustin)
             Time's Man of the Century. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Remember our discussions - but I forget: Who finally got it? - (CRConrad)
         dont equate taliban and bin laden - (boxley) - (7)
             I am ignorant. - (mmoffitt)
             As soon as the Taliban hand over bin Laden... - (marlowe) - (5)
                 You've heard what the custom is re 'guests' - (Ashton) - (4)
                     A plausible scenario - (wharris2) - (3)
                         The don't-know-where-he-is dodge only works if we let it. - (marlowe) - (2)
                             Who cares where 'he' is - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                 Yes, 'Fundament-al' problem with such an obsession is: - (Ashton)

Those are German nouns, so they must always be capitalized.
175 ms