IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Give reasoning from the general to the particular its du
I don't believe that ethnic origin is fate. Free will exists, and at the individual level, sometimes conscience and just plain sense overrride cultural indoctrination. But culture is very much part of an ethnocally defined group of people, in a statistical sense.

I do disagree and condemn the uneducated or downright racist attacks against Arab-Americans. However, they need to understand that all the people identified as being part of the attack have been Arabic, and it is hard to believe these scum did not associate with fellow Arabian people in the United States while they prepared their attack.

Fellow Arab-Americans, I say again I condemn the sporadic harrassment and vandalism purpetrated against you. (To date, I have not heard of any incidents of actual physical harm, but it may very well come.) However, you can do better than just complaining about harrassment; help us root these scum out. I don't ask you to be weasel snitches on your fellow citizens for vague feelings that something might be wrong, but if you know something, please come forward.
Rest in peace, Jeremy, Mark, and whoever else who helped overpower the hijackers on Flight 93.
New For what it's worth...
Pakistan is making very sincere-sounding noises about being united with decent peoples against terrorism. This can't hurt, and it's bound to help civilized people of all persuasions.

I'll make a couple of amendments to my comments above:

1. If you're a Pakistani national, displaying a pakistani flag will do just fine.

2. It's getting damn hard to find American flags. I think people will be understanding if you haven't got one. At least I hope so, `coz I haven't got one.

I was never the sort to plaster my vehicle with stickers. My positions on things have always been too nuanced and unconventional to be represented on bumper stickers, even custom made ones. And having come of age during Vietnam and Watergate, I've found flag-waving to be only a little less crude than flag burning.

But with recent events, suddenly the Red White and Blue have acquired a crystalline unambiguity they haven't had in nearly forty years. The one time in my life I want to wave a flag and I can't get one, by jingo!
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
     A request for tolerance - final - (ben_tilly) - (35)
         Words . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             Words? C'mon. - (wharris2)
             He's preaching to the choir, don'cha know. - (marlowe) - (4)
                 WTF is your problem? - (ben_tilly)
                 What is your point? - (Ashton)
                 Grow up. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Oh dear, now I've gone and offended the choir. - (marlowe)
         change hateful racists to cowards hiding behind the skirts - (boxley)
         I dont think that it is just racists (their there) - (boxley)
         One suggestion. - (Steve Lowe)
         Give reasoning from the general to the particular its due. - (marlowe) - (14)
             Re: Give reasoning from the general to the particular its du - (wharris2) - (1)
                 For what it's worth... - (marlowe)
             Get over your bad self - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                 I'm open to suggestions. - (marlowe)
             I give it exactly its due - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                 About that "Catch-22" - (marlowe) - (6)
                     I think you are reading in something I didn't say - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         Here's an idea. - (marlowe) - (4)
                             I am for an effective understanding - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 Fair enough, but... - (marlowe) - (2)
                                     Read the "squishy sermonizing" again, please - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Immigrants as a self-selecting group. - (marlowe)
             nit - (tablizer) - (1)
                 Counter-nits. - (marlowe)
         two minor suggestions - (brettj)
         Thanks for caring! - (brettj)
         What I might say in a similar situation. - (addison) - (2)
             Excellent. - (Ashton)
             I thought about including some of those points... - (ben_tilly)
         good to go, still dont like racist but (shrug) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             It is a question of audience - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 well the ahole see's the word racist and - (boxley)
                 Calling them racist is counterproductive. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 A question of audience indeed. - (marlowe)

NOO..OOO - not WD-40!
100 ms