IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So you think Iraq is a Democracy today?
Dude, your scenario was completely made up. Mine is more realistic...these guys don't have time to chitchat and probably wouldn't know if they were all feeling the same thing. If they are going to kill their commander, they all have to know that they all agree.
Bzzzzttttt!!!!!! Wrong answer.

:D

In that situation, I'd kill the guy threatening me and take my chances with the rest.

But what do I expect from you other than more excuses?

Answer: Nothing.
New Re: So you think Iraq is a Democracy today?
Your choice.

Shooting your own commander is not something you do lightly. You forget these troops are trained from day one to obey their commanders without question. They also know that Fedayeen are mixed in the troops, and they know that their family will be held accountable.

Your chances are better fighting the Americans, if you are wounded in battle you will be cared for instead of shot through the head.
New "Lightly"? Your LIFE is in danger.
Shooting your own commander is not something you do lightly.
It does NOT get any HEAVIER than when MY LIFE is on the line.

You forget these troops are trained from day one to obey their commanders without question.
You forget how many thousand of them surrendered in the first Gulf War.

That training doesn't seem to have taken very well.
New Re: "Lightly"? Your LIFE is in danger.
Uh...exactly. Your life is on the line. So you risk shooting your own commander, not knowing how the other guys will react.

Heck, you probably couldn't even turn around or reach for your gun before the commander pulled the trigger.

So you go and fight, maybe not aiming with that much zeal, and the best you can hope for is wounding and recovery, instead of certain death and the death of your family.
New So now "lightly" is "heavy"?
Uh...exactly. Your life is on the line. So you risk shooting your own commander, not knowing how the other guys will react.
That is correct.

The commander is threatening me and I know he will do it.

I also know the US troops have better weapons than I do.

Therefore, my best survival option is to surrender to the US troops.

In order to do that, I have to shoot the commander.

Now, there is a possibility that one of the other troops will turn out to be a threat to me.

No one ever said there wasn't ANY risk.

Just that this is the path of LEAST risk.

Heck, you probably couldn't even turn around or reach for your gun before the commander pulled the trigger.
So, the commander has all 20 of the men covered at the same time.

Wrong!

BZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahhahahahaha

So you go and fight, maybe not aiming with that much zeal, and the best you can hope for is wounding and recovery, instead of certain death and the death of your family.
Nice try, but you failed again.

"Certain death" would indicate that you KNEW someone in the unit (besides the commander) would turn on you.

You failed because you lost sight of the ORIGINAL position.

hahahahahahahhahahahaa
     NYT admits: why Iraqi soldiers fight - (marlowe) - (22)
         Scenario? - (Brandioch) - (19)
             Re: Scenario? - (cybermace5) - (13)
                 Not to mention being pissed at being hung out to dry - (jake123) - (1)
                     that was actually mentioned -NT - (cybermace5)
                 "as all soldiers are"? - (Brandioch) - (10)
                     Re: "as all soldiers are"? - (cybermace5) - (9)
                         Read your own scenario. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                             Re: Read your own scenario. - (cybermace5) - (7)
                                 Try to follow the discussion. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                     Re: Try to follow the discussion. - (cybermace5) - (5)
                                         So you think Iraq is a Democracy today? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                             Re: So you think Iraq is a Democracy today? - (cybermace5) - (3)
                                                 "Lightly"? Your LIFE is in danger. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                     Re: "Lightly"? Your LIFE is in danger. - (cybermace5) - (1)
                                                         So now "lightly" is "heavy"? - (Brandioch)
             what was the ratio of nkvd to russian troops in stalingrad? -NT - (boxley)
             SMERSH in Soviet Union during WW2 - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                 Man, SMERSH was a real agency? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     Ian did that a lot in his books - (Simon_Jester)
                 that was the forerunner of the 5th directorate KGB correct? -NT - (boxley)
         And our officers carry pistols because? - (Simon_Jester)
         more than just the soldiers at risk? - (SpiceWare)

Somewhere out there, a Big Cheetah is still running WordStar and extremely anal benchmarks...
94 ms