IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not what I suggested at all
Which makes Drew K's oft-repeated suggestion about slapping tariffs equivalent to the cost of manufacturing in the U.S. on goods that compete with U.S-manufactured ones rather ironic

Nope. What I suggested is that all goods sold in the U.S. have to be manufactured under the same workplace safety, environmental, minimum-wage etc. laws as companies in the U.S. must follow. No one could come up with a fair valuation of what those laws cost, though various groups provide estimates fairly regularly. So I avoid the whole problem by saying that if for instance a U.S. factory has to meet emissions standards, we will only import items made in factories that meet the same standards.

It's not about the money. If we claim to care so much about the environment (or the workers, etc.) then we shouldn't just shift the abuse offshore.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Ah, OK. Sorry, I must'a mis-remembered it.
     waaah waaaah (US re WTO) - (altmann) - (7)
         Guess we'd better break that treaty too. Secede from world. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
             Why go through that formality? - (mmoffitt)
             If at first you don't secede... - (rcareaga)
         Funny thing is, WTO is a US-created corporate lickspittle... - (CRConrad) - (3)
             Obv worldwide problem - US merely tops the Greed Scale. - (Ashton)
             Not what I suggested at all - (drewk) - (1)
                 Ah, OK. Sorry, I must'a mis-remembered it. -NT - (CRConrad)

Using Powerpoint in the schools--that's better than teaching kids how to smoke.
32 ms