IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Problem with Tyan Trinity M/B and ATI Radeon 7200 video card
We recently purchased a Tyan S1854 Trinity 400 Rv. 1.07 Motherboard and we are having problems getting it to accept the ATI Radeon Video 7200 Graphics Accelerator Card.

I am using a Celeron 400 MHz computer with Windows 98 Second Edition.

The Bios revision is Award Modular BIOS v4.51 Pg., 1984-1999 Award software, with a Plug and Play BIOS extension of V 1.0A

There is an ESS-1938 Sound card installed, and the current Video card installed is not the problem, because it works. It's an SIS 6326 AGP card.

We also have an extra parallel port.

The problem is when we attempt to install the Radeon video card, the computer gives us several beeps and won't boot up. We've already tried adjusting the BIOS AGP settings, but didn't find any that worked.

Do you know if this card is incompatible with the Tyan Trinity motherboard? If anyone has any information on this that might help, please respond. :)

Thanks!

Nightowl >8#
"Honesty is the best policy, and the one I use." :)
New Post beeps and not booting indicates the motherboard
does not see a display function. Several causes. I first would see if that particular card works in any other system to eliminate the card as an issue.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Nightowl - Does the card need addl. resources?
if possible, shut them off from the bios... Just in case you missed them in your search through there before.

Also - are you sure that card is seated correctly? The easy things are good to check, just in case.

I'm not familiar with the MB - it doesn't have integrated video, does it? If so, shut it off, and make sure the ATI is the default card it uses.

I know, I know - you've prolly eliminated this stuff, but still...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Re: Nightowl - Does the card need addl. resources?
Imric wrote:>>if possible, shut them off from the bios... Just in case you missed them in your search through there before.<<

Hmmm shut what off?

Imric wrote:>>Also - are you sure that card is seated correctly? The easy things are good to check, just in case.<<

John tried two or three times to reseat it, I believe.

Imric wrote:>>I'm not familiar with the MB - it doesn't have integrated video, does it? If so, shut it off, and make sure the ATI is the default card it uses.<<

Nope, it doesn't have integrated video, it's a Slot 1 motherboard, and doesn't have that. I can give you a link to it if that would help. (To it's specs and stuff)

Imric wrote:>>I know, I know - you've prolly eliminated this stuff, but still...<<

I appreciate ALL input, I'm gonna let John read it all when he gets home, and try and determine in the next couple days if this card is not gonna work on this M/B. I even wrote Tyan about it. And I plan to write ATI too.

Thanks!

Nightowl >8#

Does the board have an onboard AGP device?
-drl
Hmmm How do I check to see if it has an onboard AGP device? If you mean does it have an AGP port, yes it does.

Nightowl >8#
(Who gets way out of her league talking computer language! ;) )
The mobo possibly has a builtin display controller - you can check in the BIOS. If so, you have to disable that, so the ATI card can use the I/O ports and memory addresses. It's even possible (with ATI hardware) that an onboard PCI display adapter could interfere with it. In any case, disable any onboard display adapters in BIOS.

Also, set all the PCI steering IRQs to 11 or something like that - try 11 and 9.
-drl
New Also some bio's allocate some memory to video buffers
so see if any kind of video shadowing is turn on. Anything that sez video set to off in the bios.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

New Re: Post beeps and not booting indicates the motherboard
The Radeon 7200 card was working fine in Andrei (that's my computer)before we changed the motherboard. It had a no-name, possibly Soyo motherboard before that.

This is part of why we are so confused. Thanks for your input though, I figure I'll gather all I can on it, before deciding it won't work.

Nightowl >8#

New Are you sure you pushed it all the way in?
Some motherboards give a whole lot of resistance at the deeper set of connections and you can easily think you pushed it all the way in. Sometimes a whole lot of pressure is needed before you feel that second "thump".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New What he said
The modern generation of AGP video cards and slots are super tight fits. Push it in REALLY hard.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Re: Are you sure you pushed it all the way in?
Thanks for your suggestions, I haven't been ignoring you. :) I'm gonna have John read whatever you all suggest later, and see what he comes up with.

I've been monitoring here and editing my email in VI. ;)

Nightowl >8#
New It sounds to me
like you may need to use the SiS 6326 card to change the BIOS settings for Video to turn Video caching off, turn off the Assign IRQ to VGA card option, and then power off and reinstall the ATI card. If that fails, try resetting the mother board BIOS to factory defaults.

I generally stay away from ATI cards myself, because I have found them to be buggy and incompatable with some motherboards.

My brother had a problem like that with his Abit motherboard, it was a GeForce 2 AGP card, it turned out he had two options:

#1 Downgrade the BIOS to an earlier version that worked with the video card.

#2 Get a different card.

He had to get an ABit made GeForce 2 card, the one he had bought was Asus. Something in the BIOS update had clobbered the card. Some VGA refresh or caching issue. This only happens with new motherboards, not old ones.

Good luck, I hope you find out what the problem is. Welcome to IWETHEY, I wondered when you'd show up eventually. :)

P.S. The number of beeps is important as well. They are codes that can tell us what is going wrong. Obviously it is the video, which isn't working. But the codes can tell you if it is video memory or something else. Usually a series of long or short beeps. I'd have to look up the codes at Tyan to figure it out, or they could be in your motherboard manual. The codes are like morse code, a series of short and long beeps.

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New Re: It sounds to me
Orion wrote:>>like you may need to use the SiS 6326 card to change the BIOS settings for Video to turn Video caching off, turn off the Assign IRQ to VGA card option, and then power off and reinstall the ATI card. If that fails, try resetting the mother board BIOS to factory defaults.<<

He might have done all that, but I'll let him know. I know he did something with the SIS card and did something to the BIOS settings.

Orion wrote:>>I generally stay away from ATI cards myself, because I have found them to be buggy and incompatable with some motherboards.<<

Well, I've been learning that through my research on the net. Seems that the Radeon 7200 has had problems with more than one motherboard.

Orion wrote:>>Good luck, I hope you find out what the problem is. Welcome to IWETHEY, I wondered when you'd show up eventually. :)<<

Thanks, I've been here awhile, just didn't post.

Orion wrote:>>P.S. The number of beeps is important as well. They are codes that can tell us what is going wrong. Obviously it is the video, which isn't working. But the codes can tell you if it is video memory or something else. Usually a series of long or short beeps. I'd have to look up the codes at Tyan to figure it out, or they could be in your motherboard manual. The codes are like morse code, a series of short and long beeps.<<

Yeah, I know. I think the problem was that the beeps we got weren't in our manual. :) But thanks!

Nightowl >8#
New You might like to try:
The quoting options on the reply screen.

Change it from 'symbol' to 'split block', then click the Quote button. Or, use split italic if that's your preference. Generally the results are pretty easy to read, and it's quicker and easier than quoting things yourself.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Re: You might like to try:

Change it from 'symbol' to 'split block', then click the Quote button. Or, use split italic if that's your preference. Generally the results are pretty easy to read, and it's quicker and easier than quoting things yourself.

Regards,

-scott anderson

Like this? That looks REALLLLLLY weird in preview mode..... ;)

I don't mind quoting things myself, because I edit everything out I don't want for the most part anyway, but if it's not acceptable, I'll try and learn this way. :)

Nightowl >8#
New Yep, like that.
Like this? That looks REALLLLLLY weird in preview mode..... ;)
Basically the split modes break the content for you automatically. You can then fill in your replies between the breaks.

The <blockquote> style is the generally accepted quote style for HTML purposes.

I don't mind quoting things myself, because I edit everything out I don't want for the most part anyway, but if it's not acceptable, I'll try and learn this way. :)
Use what you feel comfortable with, and what works best for you. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the options since you spent so much time nicely formatting your quotes and replies by hand. :-)

Another nice bit is that it will stack the quotes for you as well:

Blah blah blah.

etc.

Some reply to that, etc.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Re: Yep, like that.
Well, it doesn't like me a lot. ;) Here is what it did when I tried to only keep one section of it! LOL!

Unmatched close tag

I never get the hang of this html quoting. :(

Nightowl >8#
New Re: Yep, like that.
Well, it doesn't like me a lot. ;) Here is what it did when I tried to only keep one section of it! LOL!
Unmatched close tag
Ah. Well, you just have to make sure your <blockquote> tags still match. Or try the symbol quoting style.

I never get the hang of this html quoting. :(
Well, as I said, do what your most comfortable with. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

ATI makes wonderful hardware. It's picky in some ways but the performance is worth it.

Most of what you read on the 'net is compiled by idiots who can't set up hardware correctly. Don't listen to their anti-ATI FUD.

ATI is one of the few companies that has always played ball with Linux developers.
-drl
Most of what you read on the 'net is compiled by idiots who can't set up hardware correctly. Don't listen to their anti-ATI FUD.

Hehee, well I'm listening to ALL information, anti or non-anti. ;) We're trying to determine how much more trouble to put into this card or to give up and get something else later.

The SIS card is AGP, too, so it isn't the AGP port. :)

Is this quoting thing working yet? It still looks awfully weird.

Nightowl >8#

New ? SIS card?
What SIS card?

(Aside: What part of StL do you inhabit?)
-drl
New Short-Attention-Span Theater
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=86017|#86017].

>:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: ? SIS card?
Oh sorry, forgot to add that the only way Andrei WORKS now, is we put the original SIS 6326 card back in, and it's also AGP.

I live in North St. Louis County, any reason you asked? :)

Nightowl >8#

ATI cards have a fixed memory aperture for the frame buffer. This can be configured, but should auto-configure.

There is no reason, NONE WHATSOEVER, for the ATI card to be incompatible with this mobo. Something is wrong in the BIOS.

See here:

[link|http://mirror.ati.com/support/infobase/biostutorial.html|http://mirror.ati.co...biostutorial.html]
-drl
Hmmm ok, Desitter. We'll look at that too.

Here is what the Tech people at Tyan wrote me back: (just now)

TYAN wrote:>>I'm not sure what could be causing this problem. We haven't done any further video testing with this product due to its age. The video
compatibility stopped at the GeForce2 GTS level due to power
requirements and board layout and etc. being at their maximum at that point. We have not tested this 7200 Radeon so we can't say if it is truly because there is a compatibility issue or something else associated. It would seem that since you can't even get this to post you are experiencing a base compatibility issue that doesn't have a solution.<<

Hmmmm any ideas here? What do they mean by can't get it to post, do they mean, can't get it to boot up? And what is a base compatibility problem?

Thanks!

Nightowl >8#

New Their Answer
It would seem that since you can't even get this to post you are experiencing a base compatibility issue that doesn't have a solution.

POST == Power On System Test. Therefore POST == boot up.

They ain't got a clue, and since the card is "so old", they don't want to be bothered with it. You're getting good suggestions from here. I can't help, no experience with either the MB or Vid card.

btw, Welcome aboard.

[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New Re: Their Answer
It would seem that since you can't even get this to post you are experiencing a base compatibility issue that doesn't have a solution.

POST == Power On System Test. Therefore POST == boot up.

Thanks, that explains it better to me! (it starts sounding like computer "greek" to me after a point!)

They ain't got a clue, and since the card is "so old", they don't want to be bothered with it. You're getting good suggestions from here. I can't help, no experience with either the MB or Vid card.

Okay, thanks!

btw, Welcome aboard.

Thanks again, and it's nice to have somewhere to go for the help. :) My usual computer repair person moved to Texas and it's hard to get him here to repair anything anymore! ;)

Nightowl >8#

New have yer husband offer copious amounts of beer to
desitter and a ride, he would prolly go over and fix it.
thanx,
bill

New Re: have yer husband offer copious amounts of beer to
This is Nightowl's husband.

So if he can't get it to work, do I get my beer back? (I know, not the way I WANT it back....)

I think it gives me one long beep and three short beeps, but it stutters, so it's hard to tell. The manual says it should never beep unless it's one long and two short.

By the way, the system does boot, it just beeps and doesn't display anything. I know it's booting, because it accessed the disk, and I powered down, and when I powered back up with the SiS card, Windows complained that I didn't shut it down properly.

I upgraded the VIA 4in1 drivers, so that's not a problem. There are a lot of sites that say that the VIA chips don't handle "high-power" graphics cards like the Radeon very well, so there may be nothing we can do.

I tried an Auto AGP Apurture size, and also EC (the default) and CC (what Tyan recommends in the manual) with no luck. The 4x speed is disabled. AGP is the default card type. I'm trying not to change any settings that might kill off our other AGP card, because that would be a pain.

What I really should do is build a new computer with new parts, but I don't have the money for that at the moment....

Thanks for all your help!

Nightowl's husband, JohnF

(Nightowl says I should tell you the other computer that I use, to really shock you! It's a 60MHz Pentium with Windows 3.11, and yes, it's the Pentium with the floating point bug built in. I kept it instead of exchanging it for a working one, in case it becomes a collector's item someday. Anyway, it still works for the moment, though I have to use Netscape version 3 to view the Internet on it.)
New Idea.
Perhaps the PCI IRQ routing is screwed.

With the working card in, go into the BIOS and select whatever option you have for "reset configuration data", "reset ESCD data" or similar.

Power down.

Insert new card.

Power up.

Yes, it's a straw - but you're entitled to clutch :-)

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New Good Call
..but I already mentioned that.

ATI cards like IRQ 9.
-drl
New Could another device be using IRQ 9
and it doesn't like sharing it? Some motherboard resources like to grab IRQs like that IRQ Steering that Peter mentioned. Do you think that maybe the ATI card is grabbing an IRQ that another resource is also trying to grab? Then they don't like sharing it.

Try this, use the SiS card, disable the USB ports and extra serial port if you are not using them. Reset the plug and play settings for the motherboard, power down and then put the ATI card back in, see if that makes a difference.

See if there is a jumper or DIP switch on the ATI card that assigns the IRQ manually, then tell Plug and Play in BIOS to reserve that IRQ for a legacy device, and see if that works.

New Dah Dit Dit Dit = no video
I know exactly what this is - the AGP aperture. But, I can't fix it remotely.
-drl
New Re: Dah Dit Dit Dit = no video
I know exactly what this is - the AGP aperture. But, I can't fix it remotely.

Hmmm, well is there any way to tell John how to fix it? I appreciate anything you can tell us to try. :)

We also wrote ATI in Canada tonight, and they sent us an automated response saying they would look into it too. Maybe between them, Tyan and you guys, we'll solve it. :)

Thanks again!

Nightowl >8#

New Re: Dah Dit Dit Dit = no video
This is Nightowl's husband again. I misspoke when I said, "AGP aperture size". That is set to 64MB. What I actually meant was that I tried Auto, EC, and CC for the AGP Driving Value. Does that beep code really mean the aperture size is wrong?

Thanks,

Nightowl's husband JohnF
New In building a couple hundred computers . .
. . I have found some motherboards and some video cards just don't get along, and there's no reasonable way to correct that. They just go "beep beep beep beep" - bus timing or something. When that happens, I simply select a different brand video card for that board.
New Re: In building a couple hundred computers . .
. . I have found some motherboards and some video cards just don't get along, and there's no reasonable way to correct that. They just go "beep beep beep beep" - bus timing or something. When that happens, I simply select a different brand video card for that board.

Yep, and we might have to do that. We're just trying everything else possible first, cause it wasn't a really cheap card to start with. And, if we do determine that we can't use the Radeon 7200, we're just out the money. So.....

John is gonna try again tomorrow, to implement some of your suggestions in here, including the new ones posted today. We'll let you know how it goes. We didn't get to try today because we were out and about so long. :)

Nightowl >8#

New Idea.... video card swap?
Maybe she can swap a video card with you or someone else that is a different brand but of equal value? That way she won't have to buy a new card.

Usually I find cheap video cards from:

[link|http://www.netseller.com/|http://www.netseller.com/]
[link|http://www.pconramp.com/|http://www.pconramp.com/]
[link|http://www.computergeeks.com/|http://www.computergeeks.com/]

I'm a fan of the generic Riva TNT2 AGP card, usually bought for under $30 with 16M of RAM or more. GeForce 2 or 4 generic card for $45 isn't that bad either.

Nightowl, check out PCOnramp.com, they are EPC and they are local. If the card doesn't work they can take it back and trade you for a different one. They have more in their store than is shown on the web page, but they have directions to get there if you don't mind driving out to St. Charles.

New Re: Idea.... video card swap?
Maybe she can swap a video card with you or someone else that is a different brand but of equal value? That way she won't have to buy a new card.

Thanks, I'll suggest that to John too. I gotta say nite nite now, cause if I don't get to bed, I'll be asleep at the keyboard tomorrow at church!

We'll update what we find out about it tomorrow. :)

Nightowl >8#
New It's working now!
Hey, guys, this is Nightowl's husband again.

You're gonna love this. I took the computer apart and put the Radeon card back in again, ready to try out all your suggestions. I even wrote down the keystrokes to change BIOS settings so that I could change them without seeing them (they look like, "Down 4 times, Enter, Right, Down 8 times, PageDn, ESC, Right, Enter, Y, Enter).

And the Radeon worked with no settings changes, beyond what didn't work last time.

What was different? Well, I mentioned I was careful to push the card in all the way into the AGP slot. What I didn't mention was that I like to screw down my cards. The Radeon screw hole didn't match the case screw hole perfectly, so I pushed it a little to get the holes to line up. I did that again today, but after I did, I pushed down on the card again, just to make sure it was still seated. Maybe that was the difference, and my previous try accidentally unseated the card when I matched up the screw holes.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help, and I'm sorry it just turned out to be something stupid on my part.

Nightowl's husband JohnF
New Good show, John!
There's always a reason for these things. Sometimes we figure out what it is and sometimes we just change the problem to one we can solve. Looks like you nailed this one.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New If the screwhole doesn't line up . .
. . it's a good Idea to "form"** the bracket a little with long nose pliers to avoid it cocking the card, immediately or over time through to thermal expansion and contraction.

** IBM service technicians were carefully taught to use the term "form" rather than "bend" or "file" when communicating with customers.

New You know
..it's bad taste to go online with a problem when you haven't figured out the basic things, like seating a card.
-drl
New Don't be an ass.
That's what this place is for. Asking questions. If reseating the card didn't occur to him, that's hardly his fault. It's not the first thing I think of either.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Re: Don't be an ass.
That's what this place is for. Asking questions. If reseating the card didn't occur to him, that's hardly his fault. It's not the first thing I think of either.

Well, it isn't that we didn't think of it, we did. What he didn't realize is everytime he "reseated" and "rescrewed" the card in, it unseated. ;)

I appreciate all your help, and had you not made the suggestions and such that you had made, he might not have tried again to put it back in, and we'd have been out the cost and use. Since you made viable suggestions, he tried, and thus.. found the problem!

So in a way, you did help solve the problem and I thank you!

Nightowl >8#

New You must do on-line Linux support, right?
Seating can be deceptive in a crowded PC, and people who don't do this hardware stuff all the time don't realize you should shove all the cards back down hard after tightening the screws.

AGPs are particularly bad because the bracket has a lot of leverage (the slot is way back). For this reason, some motherboards have a special clip to hold down the heel of the video card.

Cheap cases are the worst problem, because they are often way out of tolerance.
New Foiled by this myself Friday

Attempting a memory upgrade on a Dell box. Dell uses some\r\nnonstandard (two notch) DIMMs. New stuff doesn't fit. Put the old\r\nstuff back in. Box won't boot, or POST. Five beeps, repeating.

\r\n\r\n

Re-seat the dummy DIMMs in the two additional memory slots\r\n(I'd pulled one to look at it). Waddyaknow -- you have to properly seat\r\nthe dummy memory sticks for the box to boot. And no, I didn't catch\r\nthat, our IT guy did.

\r\n
--\r\n
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]\r\n
[link|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/]\r\n
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?\r\n
[link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/|TWikIWETHEY] -- an experiment in collective intelligence. Stupidity. Whatever.\r\n
\r\n
   Keep software free.     Oppose the CBDTPA.     Kill S.2048 dead.\r\n[link|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html]\r\n
New Can verify Cheap cases== Bad Seating
And I don't mean the mini-tower collapsed under my weight...

Years ago I had a very cheap case, a 586-133 (Cyrix, I think), and a 3Dfx Voodoo card... and there was absolutely no way I could screw the thing in - the card perilously gripped the PCI socket with all the tenacity it could muster. Which, since I went to a lot of LAN parties in those days, wasn't much.

Every move of the PC was accompanied by ten minutes of "can I seat the card properly?", often followed by "bugger it. PixelQuake (i.e. not GLQuake) will do..."
John. Busy lad.
New You'll just have to find...

...a better class of dates who can afford the front-row center stuff\r\nand treat you right.

\r\n\r\n;-)\r\n
--\r\n
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]\r\n
[link|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/]\r\n
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?\r\n
[link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/|TWikIWETHEY] -- an experiment in collective intelligence. Stupidity. Whatever.\r\n
\r\n
   Keep software free.     Oppose the CBDTPA.     Kill S.2048 dead.\r\n[link|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html]\r\n
New wanted, SO with top end PC. Email specs on PC.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

"If you want to meet a group of people who have a profound distrust of, and hostility toward, our legal system, don't waste your time on political radicals; interview a random selection of crime victims, and you will probably find that they make the former group look like utopian idealists by comparison." Dave Robicheaux
     Problem with Tyan Trinity M/B and ATI Radeon 7200 video card - (Nightowl) - (50)
         Post beeps and not booting indicates the motherboard - (boxley) - (7)
             Nightowl - Does the card need addl. resources? - (imric) - (5)
                 Re: Nightowl - Does the card need addl. resources? - (Nightowl) - (4)
                     Re: Nightowl - Does the card need addl. resources? - (deSitter) - (3)
                         Re: Nightowl - Does the card need addl. resources? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Re: Nightowl - Does the card need addl. resources? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 Also some bio's allocate some memory to video buffers - (boxley)
             Re: Post beeps and not booting indicates the motherboard - (Nightowl)
         Are you sure you pushed it all the way in? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             What he said - (pwhysall)
             Re: Are you sure you pushed it all the way in? - (Nightowl)
         It sounds to me - (orion) - (23)
             Re: It sounds to me - (Nightowl) - (22)
                 You might like to try: - (admin) - (4)
                     Re: You might like to try: - (Nightowl) - (3)
                         Yep, like that. - (admin) - (2)
                             Re: Yep, like that. - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 Re: Yep, like that. - (admin)
                 Re: It sounds to me - (deSitter) - (16)
                     Re: It sounds to me - (Nightowl) - (15)
                         ? SIS card? - (deSitter) - (14)
                             Short-Attention-Span Theater - (Another Scott)
                             Re: ? SIS card? - (Nightowl) - (12)
                                 Re: ? SIS card? - (deSitter) - (11)
                                     Re: ? SIS card? - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                         Their Answer - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                                             Re: Their Answer - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                                 have yer husband offer copious amounts of beer to - (boxley) - (7)
                                                     Re: have yer husband offer copious amounts of beer to - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                                         Idea. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                             Good Call - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                 Could another device be using IRQ 9 - (orion)
                                                         Dah Dit Dit Dit = no video - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                             Re: Dah Dit Dit Dit = no video - (Nightowl)
                                                             Re: Dah Dit Dit Dit = no video - (Nightowl)
         In building a couple hundred computers . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Re: In building a couple hundred computers . . - (Nightowl)
             Idea.... video card swap? - (orion) - (1)
                 Re: Idea.... video card swap? - (Nightowl)
         It's working now! - (Nightowl) - (10)
             Good show, John! - (a6l6e6x)
             If the screwhole doesn't line up . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             You know - (deSitter) - (7)
                 Don't be an ass. - (admin) - (1)
                     Re: Don't be an ass. - (Nightowl)
                 You must do on-line Linux support, right? - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                     Foiled by this myself Friday - (kmself)
                     Can verify Cheap cases== Bad Seating - (Meerkat) - (2)
                         You'll just have to find... - (kmself) - (1)
                             wanted, SO with top end PC. Email specs on PC. -NT - (boxley)

Sit down there, you. Your WoMS have no effect on me anymore.
146 ms