IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I had a teacher in high school
that we thought was Communist, actually she looked like a Romulan woman and she had a lot of cats. We couldn't use the words "Shut Up" in her class, it had to be "cease" or something else like that. She had total control over her class and made us read the newspaper and give reports on it. She would always argue about why this or that was bad, etc.

But on the plus side she did have a candy dish on her desk and everyone was allowed one piece of candy each per day. Until the class clown broke it, and then he had to replace it. His comment on it to her was "I, I, I... I was just playing!" but you could see the fire in her eyes after she saw the broken dish.

But her views kind of pegged her as a Communist, at least that was the class opinion. I think it was supposed to be a History or Social Science class?

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New Gawd.. if she made you READ NEWSPAPERS..
AND speak with civilized manners.. and actually kept the class on CLASS TOPICS TOO:

No question about it; you and marlowe would see right through her little game: Comsymp at the very least. Those are the characteristics.

And your recollections are proof! Of course, if it wasn't History or Social Sciences -?- it doesn't matter at all: the deductions of you and your similarly competent classmates is enough. She should be killed, or worse: made to tutor everyone in your class forever, thus experience complete Futility.

Ashton
Do you *ever* read what you think you might be saying - before printing?
Do you have any idea what you just wrote?
Please: don't vote - for anyone. Ever. And *never* accept jury duty; no one deserves a deck that stacked.
New Amen, Brother!
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Shine the light of Eternal Truth on it!
Alex

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."\t-- Mark Twain
New Orion, gotta tell you a funny story ...
This is a bit unusual & may seem odd to some but is 100% true.

When I was in the Air Force (based at HQ Operational Command (for the country), I went to night school (was working on Uni entrance). At this night school we had a history teacher that I and one other AirForce attendee got on really well with (my later graduation major & highest mark in any subject was in modern history).

Anyway, It turns out this teacher *was* a card carrying member of the Communist party. Not only that but he would spend quite a bit of time in presenting communist literature & ideas & he especially honed in on us 2 Airforce attendess (was a civilian night-school but recom by Air Force).

Now this is where it gets bizarre. The guy I attended with was a bit wierd, he was completely taken by this teacher & started doing drawings showing the president of the US operating puppet strings connected to the PM of Australia & he left these drawings prominently on display above his bed during CO inspections. After a while, the internal security people of the Air Force began to visit him & asked him why he left such drawings so obviously on display. His reply was "They are an accurate depiction of the relationship".

This went on for months with more visits & more questions all the while we kept attending history together & being taught by a 'communist'.

Then one day, the civillian teacher got fired, Mr classmate Bob Fury, was discharged from the Airforce & I was given 12 months leave without pay to complete my studies full time & then later sent to officers training school. Fucked if I know what to make of it all but like I said, it was bizarre but 100% true.

By the way this all happened in 1965.

Just want to add that during my later full time studies, my history teacher (I was her class fav) appeared on national TV in a history quiz & went all the way thru to winning the top prize. The only other person I know who did so well on this smae quiz show, was a guy who was also a history teacher but who later became an federal Member of Parliment & then even later president of the Labour Party of Australia (his name was Barry Jones).

So maybe the moral is, a little bit of communism from a history teacher can go a long way ???

Doug Marker

About Barry Jones & his fame on 'Pick-a-box' quiz [link|http://bdb.co.za/shackle/articles/barryjones.htm|http://bdb.co.za/sha...es/barryjones.htm]

Am trying to track down my former history teacher's chievements on the same quiz show.
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 28, 2003, 05:14:37 AM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker March 1, 2003, 06:12:44 AM EST
     Power-drunk teachers bully sons of soldiers. - (marlowe) - (15)
         theres a teacher that needs to be fired - (boxley)
         Contrast that with teaching of "Creationism". - (Brandioch) - (2)
             Eh? - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                 Exactly! - (Brandioch)
         OK, so you go teach instead. - (tuberculosis)
         I had a teacher in high school - (orion) - (4)
             Gawd.. if she made you READ NEWSPAPERS.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Amen, Brother! -NT - (rcareaga)
                 Shine the light of Eternal Truth on it! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Orion, gotta tell you a funny story ... - (dmarker)
         Geez, get over Sherwood Anderson! - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Marlowe must be our literary 'better' - - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Re: Marlowe must be our literary 'better' - - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     ROFL - (dmarker)
                     I was once recipient of an autographed copy of the Bricker - (Ashton)

Here we have a game that combines the charm of a Pentagon briefing with the excitement of double-entry bookkeeping. I don't get it.
47 ms