I think we were plenty busy propping up everyone else, which is pretty important unless you want ugly new regimes to form.

I mean, there was Japan to rebuild, and most of Europe. People were pretty spent.

I do recall saying when Bush I stopped short of killing Sadam the first time that it was a huge mistake likely to come back and haunt us. I mean, who didn't see that? I mean apart from the President.

Here's a question for you though. We don't know where the mythical WMDs are. I mean, if we did, we'd just tell the weapons inspectors and let them show the UN which would get behind W's efforts to fix his father's screw up and there would be no more arguments. Right? But that's not happening.

So what do we bomb? You got some coordinates or something? You can't say "everything" and still "care about freedom and human dignity" because it does you no good to liberate dead people.

As for what I stand for - you haven't a fucking clue.

Bear in mind this. The US presently has the biggest stick in the yard but it gets a little shorter everytime they swing it. Resources are not unlimited. Should the US continue to go it alone pissing off all the neighbors, expect a posse to form. You can try to laugh this off if you like, but please remember that a group of very tiny [link|http://www.extremescience.com/Piranha.htm|fish], working together, can kill a much larger animal in minutes. The US is far from bullet proof.