IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New War shouldn't be the first option
it should be only an option when all else has failed. That is what I think and what Colin Powell thinks as well. War should be a last resort. Saddam has not agreed to anything and refuses to cooperate, so we continue the UN inspections and gather up the evidence that he has WMD in his country.

How long can we go on until war is an option? What are the alternatives to war that we can use? Embargo them? Stage protests? What?

I am not against war, but I think we should try every logical thing that we can before we choose to go to war. Try to prevent war if we can, but if there is no other choice, we should go to war.

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New Ah, the old just war theory.
Originally conceveived as a piece of practical ethics, assuming one would honestly try to answer the question it begged. But in this postmodern, post-serious age, it's used almost exclusively as a weasel delaying tactic. How it works: just keep pretending that it isn't time for war, long after all other options have been exhausted. Keep saying "there are alternatives" and when asked to list them, pretend you didn't hear. Or else give alternatives so bogus that no one can take them seriously. Then pretend not to hear when this is pointed out. This way they can stall action until it's too late, or until we wise up, whichever comes first.

But anyway, the war's already started. It's been going on since at least 1990. All that happened is we stopped putting up a proper fight for a decade or so, and allowed the enemy to regroup. Thank you Papa Bush and Clinton. You snatched quagmire from the jaws of victory. You made 9/11 possible. Now we're halfway back to square one, and we've got the UN and North Korea to deal with, too.

There's no peace without victory. That's why we have to quit dicking around and finish this damn thing.
No oil for TotalFinaElf!
CHICKENHAWK! Scourge of clucking hens everywhere!
Victory is the answer. There are no alternatives.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New Just war? Why Not?
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New But war costs money
money we may not be able to afford unless we get some other countries to help out. Face facts, we had Saudi Arabia and others pitch in when Iraq invaded Kuwat. Without them backing us up, we would have never attacked Iraq in 1991.

I agree with you that Bush Sr. and Clinton fumbled the ball and allowed 911 and other attacks to happen by being too soft on terrorists. But now we have the home security act, and we are getting more strict on Visas. Most of the 911 attackers had faked or bogus Visas to get into the US. Blame the H1B Invasion for that. They need to cut back on the H1Bs to get rid of more potential terrorists. At least drop it back to pre-1997 levels.

But let's face it, can we afford a war if we had no other backers? Nobody else to back us up or share the cost of a war? Could we? I doubt it.

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New This is still a very rich country.
It's gonna pinch, but we can do it. Besides, we haven't got much of a choice. We delay much longer, and it's gonna start costing us entire cities.

It would be a lot easier if we could cut out waste, fraud and entitlement in domestic spending. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. It's nice that Dubya wants authority to fire deadbeats in some departments. That's a precedent we need.

I'd like to see P.J. O'Rourke's "shoot your mom" test applied to all government spending, to each line item. May I live so long.
No oil for TotalFinaElf!
CHICKENHAWK! Scourge of clucking hens everywhere!
Victory is the answer. There are no alternatives.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New No its not
Its rapidly in decline.

Only the super rich (tope 3%) have money.

Everybody else is currently in hock up to his receding hairline.

Meanwhile the gov sits on its ass while their tax base gets exported over the internet and they haven't got a clue. IETS. Tax free.

Wanna know how much I paid in income taxes last year? $67k. Wanna know what I'm paying this year? Zip. Nada. No real US derived income to declare. Sorry.

FWIW, all my out of work friends are doing the same. No money made in 2002. Busted. 6 figure incomes to nada.

Rich.

Your statement is rich. Fsckin rich.

I think that it's extraordinarily important that we in computer science keep fun in computing. When it started out, it was an awful lot of fun. Of course, the paying customer got shafted every now and then, and after a while we began to take their complaints seriously. We began to feel as if we really were responsible for the successful, error-free perfect use of these machines. I don't think we are. I think we're responsible for stretching them, setting them off in new directions, and keeping fun in the house. I hope the field of computer science never loses its sense of fun. Above all, I hope we don't become missionaries. Don't feel as if you're Bible salesmen. The world has too many of those already. What you know about computing other people will learn. Don't feel as if the key to successful computing is only in your hands. What's in your hands, I think and hope, is intelligence: the ability to see the machine as more than when you were first led up to it, that you can make it more.

--Alan Perlis
New The alternative is to walk away.
No "no fly zones"...no blockades...no patrols...nothing.

The rest will be up to those who think him harmless.

And Allah help him if he makes us come back.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Starting to get pitiful - (bepatient) - (42)
         Can we seperate views from tactics else will go nowhere - (dmarker) - (11)
             You suggested the location. - (bepatient) - (10)
                 "was, in my opinion, an agreement with the contents" - (dmarker) - (9)
                     Aha - (bepatient) - (8)
                         Lost me now - (dmarker) - (7)
                             How could I lose you? - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 Alright if thats the way you wanna play - (dmarker) - (5)
                                     Damn you are a baby. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                         You fat dolt - no wonder you get in such shit !!! :-) -NT - (dmarker) - (3)
                                             Well at least you're in the spirit of the forum now. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                 I had wondered if you were playing smart cunt - yes - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                     Ah...me short-haired one... - (bepatient)
         Now you Gone FOOKINowta yee meend... ya caak... - (folkert) - (3)
             That was good! - (bepatient)
             people who have webcams should lay off the LITTLE :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                 Hooze pa-tee izut. Beorf ya fookn boogga foor ahh deck ya - (dmarker)
         The right idea - (orion) - (1)
             Re: The right idea - (rcareaga)
         If you don't support war... - (marlowe) - (23)
             War shouldn't be the first option - (orion) - (6)
                 Ah, the old just war theory. - (marlowe) - (5)
                     Just war? Why Not? -NT - (boxley)
                     But war costs money - (orion) - (2)
                         This is still a very rich country. - (marlowe) - (1)
                             No its not - (tuberculosis)
                     The alternative is to walk away. - (bepatient)
             And I don't - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                 *applause* - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Yu just can't shut yer fucking mouth can ya fat boy :-) -NT - (dmarker)
                 Talking about thinking outside the Box (Sorry, Bill)... - (jb4)
                 Non violent invasion. I'm gonna have to remember that one. - (marlowe) - (6)
                     Like we did to Russia - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                         An unfortunate side effect . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Yeah, just had to slam their proxy states... - (marlowe) - (3)
                             You honestly think the US should have invaded the USSR? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                 Coulda finished them off the late 1940's. - (marlowe) - (1)
                                     I don't think so - (tuberculosis)
                 They don't need the Stones. - (marlowe) - (4)
                     You're living in your own private Idaho -NT - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                         Thats it! Send Fred Schneider!! - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Its Iraq....IRAQ LOBSTER! -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Somebody went under the dock... - (bepatient)

Idle.
71 ms