IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Can we seperate views from tactics else will go nowhere
Anyway, when you cool down - lets try to take it a step at a time.

1) My 1st beef with you is re putting words in others mouths then attacking them as if they had said the words. This is a *fucking* gutless debating tactic. I believe it is used by people who are losing it but that is my opinion. I deeply resent others putting words in my mouth especially when I protest about it.

I get downright incensed when said posters deny it or choose to add further insults rather than deflate the issue by retracting it. Anyone here can see what one of us has written or not written, we only have to reproduce the words.

I am asking that we adopt a fair mechanism whereby if you call me out or I call you out re 'words in mouth' we either prove the words or retract (an appology may be asking to much of some).

Can we deal with this point first then move on to the next. I don't mind if we take it in turns re points as I am sure there are several we need to deal with - I am really pissed at your attitude re this but am willing to try to resolve.

Thanks

Doug

#1 - want to deal with tactics & offensive debating behaviour - am starting from premis we both can learn re this - views can be dealt with where they belong
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 22, 2003, 11:03:25 PM EST
New You suggested the location.
I'm not at all defensive.

You can have all the beefs you want.

Your title only response (sound basis for the case)to the Huffington article was, in my opinion, an agreement with the contents.

and >you< initiated the insults in that thread. Follow the timestamps. A very lightly veiled claim of stupidity. And you so eloquently followed Brandi's lead, as you said you would, by playing this "hurt little puppy" game after I attacked back.

Tired.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New "was, in my opinion, an agreement with the contents"

>>
Your title only response (sound basis for the case)to the Huffington article was, in my opinion, an agreement with the contents.
<<

I disagree that you have the right to take one item from someone else's article & claim I made a case for etc:

But before we carry-on down that path lets deal with ...

>>
and >you< initiated the insults in that thread. Follow the timestamps. A very lightly veiled claim of stupidity. And you so eloquently followed Brandi's lead, as you said you would, by playing this "hurt little puppy" game after I attacked back.
<<

What was the insult to you ? - if I did insult you unfairly I will appologise - OK ! -

Doug
New Aha
Still haven't had my "moment" yet.

Expand Edited by bepatient Feb. 23, 2003, 05:48:02 PM EST
New Lost me now

I have offered to appologise - just want you to spell out or copy the words that triggered it.

No tricks & no traps - this is a genuine offer.

Want go ahead ?

Thanks Doug
New How could I lose you?
All you have to do is read your posts in the thread...and compare them to the previous post.

Once you do that...you may have your own "aha experience"

New Alright if thats the way you wanna play

If no there is no willingness to even try to iron this out then can I politely ask you to not do any direct posting to mine posts and I will do same to yours. That way neither of us can be accused of being provocative.

So lets just end it that way, no more name calling, no blaming - just avoid further crap on both our sides. It almost works with Marlowe.

Thanks

Doug
New Damn you are a baby.
Thats 2 posts with damn near a direct quote of your insult to me...but since I actually made you go back and think about it..you don't wanna play no more.

Sadly...it is not up to you to tell me where I will and will not direct my posts.

I don't care who it works with or not...but yeah...Marlowe...the one you decided to try and enforce posting style on...because you didn't like it.

Sorry to put you through a little "work" to read your own posts...since its apologies your looking for.

Mes enfants.

New You fat dolt - no wonder you get in such shit !!! :-)
New Well at least you're in the spirit of the forum now.
Took you long enough ya twit.

New I had wondered if you were playing smart cunt - yes
<censored><grin>

Cheers Doug

PS Hope you enjoy the big show, sit back chop chips, suck juice, & watch the bodies fly <grin>
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 24, 2003, 07:48:07 AM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 24, 2003, 08:00:34 AM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 25, 2003, 03:50:04 AM EST
New Ah...me short-haired one...
Further edits just show the true nature of this "occurrence"

Just for your information...stick it where you may...

Notice that in the exchange with an adult...a "position" was established, based upon prior posts of the opponent. This "position" was stated (complete with a small emotional charge...a tactic used by your new hero). Like it or not...(you chose not)..the position is based on the opponents prior posts.

This "position" was then debated, and the opponent (instead of running to mommy)...clarified his >actual< position.

Once this was accomplished, like adults, notice what happened.

I rescinded a portion of the statement and we had agreed to disagree on the other. The chips could fall where they may from there.

Of course...then the "mature" trio decided to show up and ignore the actual subject and avoid the actual debate. Chosing instead to enter "peanut commentary" that makes them look...oh so mature.

And if I were to take a cue from my opponents...my response to your last bit should be..

LIAR...YOU ARE A LIAR. I DEMAND AN APOLOGY.

Expand Edited by bepatient Feb. 25, 2003, 07:35:36 AM EST
     Starting to get pitiful - (bepatient) - (42)
         Can we seperate views from tactics else will go nowhere - (dmarker) - (11)
             You suggested the location. - (bepatient) - (10)
                 "was, in my opinion, an agreement with the contents" - (dmarker) - (9)
                     Aha - (bepatient) - (8)
                         Lost me now - (dmarker) - (7)
                             How could I lose you? - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 Alright if thats the way you wanna play - (dmarker) - (5)
                                     Damn you are a baby. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                         You fat dolt - no wonder you get in such shit !!! :-) -NT - (dmarker) - (3)
                                             Well at least you're in the spirit of the forum now. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                 I had wondered if you were playing smart cunt - yes - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                     Ah...me short-haired one... - (bepatient)
         Now you Gone FOOKINowta yee meend... ya caak... - (folkert) - (3)
             That was good! - (bepatient)
             people who have webcams should lay off the LITTLE :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                 Hooze pa-tee izut. Beorf ya fookn boogga foor ahh deck ya - (dmarker)
         The right idea - (orion) - (1)
             Re: The right idea - (rcareaga)
         If you don't support war... - (marlowe) - (23)
             War shouldn't be the first option - (orion) - (6)
                 Ah, the old just war theory. - (marlowe) - (5)
                     Just war? Why Not? -NT - (boxley)
                     But war costs money - (orion) - (2)
                         This is still a very rich country. - (marlowe) - (1)
                             No its not - (tuberculosis)
                     The alternative is to walk away. - (bepatient)
             And I don't - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                 *applause* - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Yu just can't shut yer fucking mouth can ya fat boy :-) -NT - (dmarker)
                 Talking about thinking outside the Box (Sorry, Bill)... - (jb4)
                 Non violent invasion. I'm gonna have to remember that one. - (marlowe) - (6)
                     Like we did to Russia - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                         An unfortunate side effect . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Yeah, just had to slam their proxy states... - (marlowe) - (3)
                             You honestly think the US should have invaded the USSR? - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                 Coulda finished them off the late 1940's. - (marlowe) - (1)
                                     I don't think so - (tuberculosis)
                 They don't need the Stones. - (marlowe) - (4)
                     You're living in your own private Idaho -NT - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                         Thats it! Send Fred Schneider!! - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Its Iraq....IRAQ LOBSTER! -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Somebody went under the dock... - (bepatient)

Is it me, or is the band getting bigger?
195 ms