IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New keeping the home fires burning
It is for precisely that reason, of course, that various of my fellow citizens hold that Carroll's readership (i.e., the San Francisco Bay Area) are not "real Americans," and that our seditious opinions should accordingly not be factored into the mix. Oh, that wacky, insular heartland of ours! Funny little rectangular states...

cordially,

"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New As stirring a read as this is, via a web link -
Somehow it looked much better in real print! when I got around to the Friday Chron. It is saved with a few of Jon Carroll's other gems. (And I hope that Carroll remains safe from any accident-inducing contact with the Homeland troops)

It may be too much to hope that, like Edward R. Murrow's Harvest of Shame (re ag. workers of the '50s) or his program of perfect shame on McCarthy (which is credited with precipitating an official end to that era) -- This column alone might restore a bit of spine to the cowardly Demo silence, complicity in the manic dreams of this illegal cabal.

That's hoping for a lot, given the general Fox-News level of most of the meeja; but sometimes the starkness of such a piece magically galvanizes others. If.. Dubya et al are finally prevented from this madness, I will deem this column to be one of those "Points of Light".. that cuteness from a cynical speech-writer for the equally tongue-tied Daddy of this mendacious clan.

It still generally looks like a train wreck in slo-mo out there, amidst the daily Language murder.

Ashton
     Jon Carroll on appeasement - (rcareaga) - (4)
         Teddy Roosevelt on patriotism - (Yendor)
         Thanks for letting me know that the fires still burn in the - (dmarker) - (2)
             keeping the home fires burning - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 As stirring a read as this is, via a web link - - (Ashton)

Mmmm... Flavored Beer.
36 ms