IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Addendum
Someone's car got stolen, right next to mine. Looks like they started on mine and then for some reason switched to a different car.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Someone tried to steal mine some months back.
Mostly my fault for forgetting to alarm it...

They got in with minimal damage, but couldn't get the steering-wheel lock off. Really! It's got a dent where they obviously tried a technique that may have worked on a different brand, but it didn't open it or alter its security. Mind you, I bought it some years ago when it was the only brand [link|http://www.choice.com.au/|Choice magazine] couldn't defeat.

Wade

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New makita and screwdriver fixes all steering wheel locks
unless ytou have the vaunted club then simple bolt cutters on either side of where the club resides gives you 9/10ths of the sterring wheel to drive with. It all depends on how badly they want it. I suspect with my vehicles I could leave it with the keys in it and not have them nicked.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Aunger Pro-Lock.
Hardened steel, pick-proof lock.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New You might be surprised....
My mom's beater '86 Olds 98 with 300,000 miles on it was stolen. From her church parking lot. By a 16 year old kid.

He apparently used a "slide hammer" to yank the lock cylinder. In the process the headlight switch was damaged so the high-beams headlights were always on. To "fix it" he bashed out the high-beams.

Oh, and he smashed up the rear end by backing into something.

Of couse, as "luck" would have it, he was caught a day or so later, so "luckily" she got it back. A few hundred to fix the damage (except for the bodywork which it still suffers with).

Being a minor, nothing of consequence was done to him. She's talked of suing his parents in small claims court, but it's been just talk so far.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of people who steal cars...

Cheers,
Scott.
     Someone tried to break into my car last night. - (inthane-chan) - (9)
         note on car insurance claims - (boxley)
         something else - (Brandioch) - (1)
             The repeated theft thing - (mhuber)
         Addendum - (inthane-chan) - (4)
             Someone tried to steal mine some months back. - (static) - (3)
                 makita and screwdriver fixes all steering wheel locks - (boxley) - (2)
                     Aunger Pro-Lock. - (static)
                     You might be surprised.... - (Another Scott)
         Re: Someone tried to break into my car last night. - (qstephens)

Their business was zero and it was shrinking.
125 ms