[link|http://www.ddr5.homestead.com/files/gm/gm.html|http://www.ddr5.home.../files/gm/gm.html]

M\ufffddlareuth is a very small town that found itself divided between conquering armies after WWII. The border between the American and Soviet section ran right through the town. For the first several years after the division passage was still possible. But as more and more of East Germany's best and brightest left for the west, barriers went up along the Inner-German Border. Starting with barbwire and wooden fences, they became more secure with the creation of a forbidden zone controlled by the East German Border Guards. From the Baltic coast to the Czech border, an area several kilometers wide was sectioned off. Anyone living within this zone was given a special pass and only those with such passes were allowed near the border. On the far western side of the zone ran the actual wall. It was about thirteen feet high and made out of concrete when it ran through populated areas. The majority of the wall ran through the countryside and was made out of a heavy steel mesh (almost steel grating) and topped by barbed wire. Watchtowers were positioned at strategic locations along the wall. A road ran the length of the wall for maintenance and security patrols. On the other side of the wall the land was cleared of trees and planted with mines. Automatic firing machine guns and automatic search lights provided additional deterrent. This swath of land was several hundred meters wide. On the eastern edge of the forbidden zone was another fence topped with barbwire.
Emphasis mine, but read the whole thing.

So this person also doesn't see the horrible lie inherent in referring so a sometimes fence, sometimes wall barrier as a wall.

Can we please stop the inanity now? Or are you willing to write the author of this page with a tirade about calling it a wall as well?

[edit: I should have linked this [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=59328|here] instead. But then I would have seen that Brandioch is still on his Crusade Of Truth. Oh well, live goes on.]