IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Nope, still using Notepad, will try logging out
Delete Notepad.exe and make a shortcut called "Notepad" that points to your favorite editor.

Better, get Ultraedit and use the included program stub to replace notepad.exe. It calls Ultraedit when something tries to invoke Notepad.
-drl
New Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot)
I don't want to completely remove notepad. I like to keep it around to see what special characters various programs may be choking on.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Re: Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot)
Seriously, if you have ANY need for a text editor, you WANT Ultraedit. It's the best value in software.
-drl
New Seconded (re: Ultraedit), and...
The only reason I had notepad still bound to view source is that it launches quicker. Through all these problems I had, the "edit with" button on the toolbar worked fine to choose alternate editors. I think it keys off of the standard file association database (except that the default action of that button is set in IE's Tools->Internet Options->Programs dialog). Just how many ways are there to launch a freakin text editor from IE anyways?
--
Chris Altmann
New Lots and lots
Just how many ways are there to launch a freakin text editor from IE anyways?
I haven't been to a public terminal yet that was so locked down I couldn't eventually find my way to a file explorer and a text editor.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Didn't think of that :)
View source -> notepad -> file open -> file manager!

That reminds me of the time I accessed the old IWE forums from the Smithsonian using a keyboardless workstation by copying and pasting letters into a search engine ransom note style.
--
Chris Altmann
New Heh. Makes me want to host my own page
...wherein I have lots of clicky things which break the box via IE...

who needs a rootkit on a floppy? we have the internet now!

:D

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New Run Ultraedit as a Service!
Then things open Real Fast.
-drl
New Interesting
I assume your talking about the "minimize to system tray" and "minimize on last file close" options? I'll have to try it.
--
Chris Altmann
     IE Integration! Welcome to the future!! - (altmann) - (17)
         What happens if instead of restoring , you create a new one? -NT - (CRConrad) - (16)
             Same deal, but - (altmann) - (15)
                 Does that require a reboot? - (drewk) - (13)
                     Nope. Just close all IE windows first. -NT - (altmann) - (12)
                         Nope, still using Notepad, will try logging out - (drewk) - (11)
                             Re: Nope, still using Notepad, will try logging out - (deSitter) - (8)
                                 Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot) - (drewk) - (7)
                                     Re: Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot) - (deSitter) - (6)
                                         Seconded (re: Ultraedit), and... - (altmann) - (5)
                                             Lots and lots - (drewk) - (2)
                                                 Didn't think of that :) - (altmann)
                                                 Heh. Makes me want to host my own page - (tseliot)
                                             Run Ultraedit as a Service! - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Interesting - (altmann)
                             Weird. - (altmann) - (1)
                                 I was one level off - (drewk)
                 Probably a Path Issue -NT - (deSitter)

Plan B, we'll retreat to the rave-cave and hope our tribal beats and epiliptic movements will cause the machines to commit suicide due to sheer irritation.
51 ms