IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does that require a reboot?
I just added that reg key. Do I need to reboot or log out/in to activate the change?
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Nope. Just close all IE windows first.
--
Chris Altmann
New Nope, still using Notepad, will try logging out
Then maybe rebooting, since we all know Internet Exporer is part of the OS ...
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Re: Nope, still using Notepad, will try logging out
Delete Notepad.exe and make a shortcut called "Notepad" that points to your favorite editor.

Better, get Ultraedit and use the included program stub to replace notepad.exe. It calls Ultraedit when something tries to invoke Notepad.
-drl
New Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot)
I don't want to completely remove notepad. I like to keep it around to see what special characters various programs may be choking on.
===
New Re: Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot)
Seriously, if you have ANY need for a text editor, you WANT Ultraedit. It's the best value in software.
-drl
New Seconded (re: Ultraedit), and...
The only reason I had notepad still bound to view source is that it launches quicker. Through all these problems I had, the "edit with" button on the toolbar worked fine to choose alternate editors. I think it keys off of the standard file association database (except that the default action of that button is set in IE's Tools->Internet Options->Programs dialog). Just how many ways are there to launch a freakin text editor from IE anyways?
--
Chris Altmann
New Lots and lots
Just how many ways are there to launch a freakin text editor from IE anyways?
I haven't been to a public terminal yet that was so locked down I couldn't eventually find my way to a file explorer and a text editor.
===
New Didn't think of that :)
View source -> notepad -> file open -> file manager!

That reminds me of the time I accessed the old IWE forums from the Smithsonian using a keyboardless workstation by copying and pasting letters into a search engine ransom note style.
--
Chris Altmann
New Heh. Makes me want to host my own page
...wherein I have lots of clicky things which break the box via IE...

who needs a rootkit on a floppy? we have the internet now!

:D

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New Run Ultraedit as a Service!
Then things open Real Fast.
-drl
New Interesting
I assume your talking about the "minimize to system tray" and "minimize on last file close" options? I'll have to try it.
--
Chris Altmann
New Weird.
I'm able to switch the value on the fly.

1) close all IE windows.
2) edit value
3) open IE and view source

Do you have any spaces in the path to your editor? If so enclose the value in quotes.

Do you have the right reg key? "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\View Source Editor\\Editor Name" whose default value is the editor with path?
--
Chris Altmann
New I was one level off
Instead of making "Editor Name" a key, I made it a value. It's working now. Thanks.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to make GVim use syntax hilighting files.
===
     IE Integration! Welcome to the future!! - (altmann) - (17)
         What happens if instead of restoring , you create a new one? -NT - (CRConrad) - (16)
             Same deal, but - (altmann) - (15)
                 Does that require a reboot? - (drewk) - (13)
                     Nope. Just close all IE windows first. -NT - (altmann) - (12)
                         Nope, still using Notepad, will try logging out - (drewk) - (11)
                             Re: Nope, still using Notepad, will try logging out - (deSitter) - (8)
                                 Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot) - (drewk) - (7)
                                     Re: Will try that after log out/in (and maybe reboot) - (deSitter) - (6)
                                         Seconded (re: Ultraedit), and... - (altmann) - (5)
                                             Lots and lots - (drewk) - (2)
                                                 Didn't think of that :) - (altmann)
                                                 Heh. Makes me want to host my own page - (tseliot)
                                             Run Ultraedit as a Service! - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Interesting - (altmann)
                             Weird. - (altmann) - (1)
                                 I was one level off - (drewk)
                 Probably a Path Issue -NT - (deSitter)

Liver alone, cheese all mine...
140 ms