IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That clarifies it
1. "Procedure and function call." No, you can't write FuncName(Param1, Param2) on its own like that. You'll get "Compile error: Expected = ".

However, if you write FuncName Param1, Param2 you DO get to discard the return value, AND Param1 and Param2 operate as reference parameters. I confirmed that using the following function:

Function FuncName(Param1, Param2)
Param1 = "Fred"
Param2 = "Wilma"
End Function

When I call the above with
Dim Param1, Param2
FuncName Param1, Param2

then Debug.Print Param1 gives me "Fred" and Debug.Print Param2 gives me "Wilma".

However, if I call it with
FuncName (Param1), (Param2)

As I'm expected to do if I want to stipulate transient value parameters, then Debug.Print returns "Empty" for both parameters, indicating the expected behaviour of VB, which Verity seems unaware of.

Even if I do supply the Call keyword, which requires the function parentheses, I can still optionally place a parameter in its own parentheses and thereby force it to act temporarily as a value parameter, e.g.

Call FuncName (Param1, (Param2))

All this illustrates the amazing flexibility of Visual Basic. Maybe coming from the C oriented background of EXE, Verity expects obfuscation where there is none.
He's right, that's perfectly clear.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New "Amazing flexibility" means...
... the ability to turn around and screw yourself in your own ass, apparently.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Not quote ROFL, but wiping the tears away
Someone who has a VB6 box should scan it and PhotoChop that in as the slogan.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Okay, now this is WEIRD.
I decided, WTF, why not?

Guess what appears to disable all screenshot capability until AFTER it's done launching?

Now I want to find the resource bitmap and screw with it...
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New Bwahahaha.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Devious, is what that is
I wonder if all Microsoft apps do that. It'd be trivial, and unlikely anyone would ever notice and pin it down. Of course now that I'm curious ...
===
     Cruft - (admin) - (33)
         Danger Will Robinson - (admin) - (1)
             Great googly moogly... - (Yendor)
         RORLMHO -NT - (deSitter)
         I'm almost willing to be it's Michael Swaine. - (static)
         I'm almost willing to be it's Michael Swaine. - (static)
         Oh, you didn't know of that before? Sorry, I thought... - (CRConrad)
         Oh gawd very crufty - (wharris2)
         Reader responds to Verity's VB critique: - (admin) - (25)
             That clarifies it - (drewk) - (5)
                 "Amazing flexibility" means... - (admin) - (4)
                     Not quote ROFL, but wiping the tears away - (drewk) - (3)
                         Okay, now this is WEIRD. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                             Bwahahaha. -NT - (admin)
                             Devious, is what that is - (drewk)
             Not to spread stereotypes... - (ben_tilly) - (18)
                 Ding ding ding! - (admin) - (17)
                     Speaking of which ... - (drewk) - (16)
                         Easiest way to do it right now - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             That *is* handy - (drewk) - (3)
                                 Erm, linking ne linking conventions - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     Very effective request for a feature. - (admin) - (1)
                                         That would be very nice - (ben_tilly)
                         Er... that works already. - (admin) - (10)
                             Okay, so which flavor of brilliance was that - (drewk) - (9)
                                 More accurately: - (admin) - (8)
                                     A theory, I might add... - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                         Very interesting... - (admin) - (6)
                                             Hey, well... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                 Correction: Once a marine, always a marine. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                                     not a marine one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children - (boxley)
                                                     And we usually capitalize it ... "marine" is an adjective - (drewk) - (2)
                                                         Yep. -NT - (admin)
                                                         At ease, Marine! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Cosmological belly bomber.
88 ms