IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Are financial institutes (among others) abandoning IIS ??

When the Code Red II virus hit the net - one of Australia's biggest banks shutdown their Internet banking

go to [link|http://www.westpac.com.au|West Pac]

They say it is unrelated to Virii, but if I was a big bank & had any MS web servers & after all the repeated breakins elsewhere to IIS - I would dump them like hot potatoes - I have no idea if this is what is happening but I sure hope it is. I would be tickled pink if it turns out IBM is into all the big banks setting up Linux on big servers & abandoning windows web platforms - what poetic justice.

Cheers

Doug Marker
(I can but hope (grin))
New Well.. if I were religious
I'd sacrifice an Infidel to see that occur, watch the snowball turn into an avalanche. Stock slide towards 33, asymptotic to ~ 20..

(But still think the best revenge would be - a well publicized event wherein some Programming God should take a gander at some of Billy's personal 'programming work'.. and pronounce it amateurish and also ugly)

:-\ufffd
New I think not.
From working at a bank a few years ago (no, not Westpac), the ones in control of picking technology platforms are generally fairly conservative and untechnical. They are ripe for marketers, which is how we were flogged such rubbish as Tandem NonStop (the hardware's good but the OS is shite) and Microsoft (ummm...)

They won't switch from IIS unless they are forced to.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Not mine...
$ telnet www.bankone.com 80
Trying 159.53.220.1...
Connected to www.bankone.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /asdf.html
HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
[...]

I've been thinking about switching banks for a while for other reasons. This just adds more fuel to my fire...
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New Get your money and run...
...before somebody else beats you to it!
jb4
Resistance is not futile...)
     Are financial institutes (among others) abandoning IIS ?? - (dmarker2) - (4)
         Well.. if I were religious - (Ashton)
         I think not. - (static)
         Not mine... - (Yendor) - (1)
             Get your money and run... - (jb4)

Of course the Satanists don't bother me any more ever since they did a background check on me and discovered I had three sixes in my birthdate.
60 ms