IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Benefits? Costs?
It sounds interesting, but one of the great things about zIWeThey is that it's fast and simple. It runs well over a modem.

To be sure I understand, you're advocating discussion of a 2-way TWiki-fied zIWeThey? Every existing forum would end up with a parallel TWiki forum (making the TWiki IWeThey forums dynamic), right?

Other than the TWiki benefits (a big one being searching, Wikiwords, etc.), what would it get us?

Would it be possible to continue to read and post to a non-TWiki version (and have the software take care of TWiki-fiing it)? E.g. I'd like to have the option of not having the TWiki frame present.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I was thinking the other direction
Every existing forum would end up with a parallel TWiki forum (making the TWiki IWeThey forums dynamic), right?
I was thinking more in terms of giving each TWiki topic it's own zIWeThey forum. TWiki is great for refining documents, but not so much for discussion. Thus if someone has a proposed change to a TWiki page, they have to edit the page itself.

By dynamically generating a zIWeThey forum for each TWiki topic, we have a place to discuss the topic without modifying it. Thus the TWiki can stand on its own as a reference.

I've tried to think of a case where I'd want to auto-generate TWiki topics from zIWeThey forums, but I can't. I was think exclusively of going the other direction.

If you are looking just at the TWiki, you don't have to know there is an associated forum, though I would include a link at the bottom, eg: "To discuss this ... " That way admins could lock pages to a named group while still allowing wide-open discussion below.

If you are looking just at zIWeThey there would be a category heading, "TWiki Discussion." Each topic under this would be the corresponding WikiWord. If I were doing the interface, I would have this category be a special-case that defaults to collapsed on the front page.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
     How to merge twikIWeThey and zIWeThey - (drewk) - (10)
         Benefits? Costs? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I was thinking the other direction - (drewk)
         Suggested prelim action - - (Ashton) - (4)
             And another. Scott? - (drewk) - (3)
                 If we do that, then how about a page 1 reorganization too. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Care to write a search? - (drewk) - (1)
                         I would help, but know nothing about the tools, etc. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         All your posts are belong to us! - (orion) - (2)
             On handles - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Fine, I am using my real name there - (orion)

What was that "kneejerk" emoticon again?
36 ms